Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,146 members, 7,883,979 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 08:25 PM

I Recommend Self-employment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Recommend Self-employment (589 Views)

Female Needed in Urgent Vacancy 4 self-employment role in sales outlet / Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure / Salary Vs Self Employment, Which Do You Prefer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Recommend Self-employment by coachbros(m): 10:47am On Sep 11, 2009
HI EVERY ONE I AM A WRITER AND I WRITE FOR FEW INTERNATIONAL MAGAZINES AND NEWS LETTERS LIKE HOMEGOO BUSINESS FROM HOME MAGAZINE, I ALSO WRITE TO ON-LINE ARTICLE SITE LIKE ARTICLEBASE.COM, SO I AM WRITTING TO ALL MY NIGERIAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS PLEASE READ.

While every job has its frustrations, being self-employed has some definite advantages. With outsourcing, downsizing, unexpected mergers, and other unpleasant workplace surprises becoming more and more common, self-employment provides some sense of being in control over ones future. Thou they are some things you have to be sure of before you jump into self-employment and wreck your self (what does it take to be a self-employed success?) I will go over this things one after the other:

You will have to deal with some risks:

The major thing that keeps people from starting their own business is the cease of monthly or weekly salaries. A good way to deal with that fear is "Don't quit your job." It may be hard-hitting for a while to work at your old job while you get your own business running, but it's a technique many have used to succeed. Another possibility is to save up enough money for at least six months living expenses before you start your new venture. That way, you can devote your full attention to your self-employment.

You most be resourceful:

Building relationships is one of the main paths to business success for the self-employed. Have a list of all the people you know that can be helpful to you if you became self-employed. Everyone you know is a potential source of revenue for your business. Introduce yourself to other small business owners. Join associations. Search the Internet. Check the newspaper, and make a list of people and organizations that may be of help to you.

Be willing to learn:

You don't have to get a BSC to be a self-employed success. There are plenty of successful people who didn't even finish their school. But you must be willing to learn the things you need to know to run your business. This could mean learning a new computer program, developing a basic bookkeeping system, or learning to write sales letters. There is plenty of help available on the Internet, and you can probably take some relatively low-cost seminar and workshop classes if you need to. When your business eventually takes off, you can hire other people to do some of the tasks you feel are wasting your time.

Now listen and observe:

As a self-employed person, you won't be simply trotting off to work at the same predictable job every day. It's important that you listen to what's happening in your neighborhood, your community, and in the business market in general. What are the trends? What do people seem to want or need? Being able to respond to wants and needs makes you valuable and will bring you revenue. Doing a good job will increase word-of-mouth advertising. It's especially effective in small enterprises where you may not have a lot of money for promotion.

You must be energetic and positive:

As a self-employed person, you should be able to project an energetic, positive attitude about your own company. If you can sound successful and positive from the start, you're halfway there.

You have to be self-discipline:

Some of the biggest challenges of self-employment are the constant distractions. While there may be fewer meetings, relaxed atmosphere and dress code are certainly major advantages of being self-employed there will be plenty of other things that compete for your attention, from kids and family friends to housework and television. You will still need to appoint a period of time for work, and you will have to stick to it.

How to Get Started:

If you decide to launch your own business, the first step you should take is some self-examination and some research. What are your strengths, and how much time do you want to devote to your business? What is there a demand for? What business would you enjoy?

Is your small business getting the help it needs? Talk to over 21 business expert—often at no charge. Armed with proper coordinates, you can gain quick, direct access to one-on-one counseling, step-by-step strategic guidance, legal advice, funding opportunities and more at www.online.homegoo.com Don't be shy it is open for everyone. question, help, fund and advice the team can help you.

(1) (Reply)

An Experienced Site Supervisor With 5 Year Experience And Ond Needs A Job! / Urgent Vacancy For A Secretary / Pls I Ned An Advice,i Av Ben Frauded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.