Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,283 members, 7,887,829 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:41 PM

Only JAMB Can Admit Students Into Universities –ministry - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Only JAMB Can Admit Students Into Universities –ministry (734 Views)

I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? / I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? / Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only JAMB Can Admit Students Into Universities –ministry by Sultan5(m): 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
The Federal Ministry of Education on Monday sent a strong-worded statement to Nigerian universities, warning them that only the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) can admit students.

The Director, Press and Public Relations, in the ministry, Mr. Ben Goong, stated that any institution that acted against the directive would have itself to blame.

He denied media reports that the earlier decision to cancel post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) was upturned.

The ministry insisted that universities “had no business admitting candidates other than those sent to it by JAMB but could screen candidates to remove those with anti-social traits and suspicious credentials”.

The federal government said while the ban on post-UTME stayed, screening was only for those admitted by JAMB and limited to examination of credentials and physical examination of candidates to ensure that they are not of questionable characters.

“All these should be done upon resumption. No university is allowed to have anything to do with any applicant who is not its student. Screening and registration are only for those who have been admitted by JAMB,” the ministry stressed.

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/only-jamb-can-admit-students-into-universities-ministry/154936.html
Re: Only JAMB Can Admit Students Into Universities –ministry by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
I have heard
Re: Only JAMB Can Admit Students Into Universities –ministry by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
sad THAT'S YOUR SAY MINISTRY OF EDUCATION...THE RATE OF CORRUPTION IN THE COUNTRY'S EDUCATIONAL SECTOR IS HIGH,SO IN MY OWN OPINION I THINK SOME LECTURERS WILL STILL COLLECT MONEY FROM SOME APRIRANTS AND STILL MAKE THEM GAIN ADMISSION.
Re: Only JAMB Can Admit Students Into Universities –ministry by delishpot: 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
I just hope Jamb will now begin to live up to expectation and provide standard examination setting and grading.

(1) (Reply)

Prof.wole Soyinka,delivers A Lecture Titled Culture At Risk At Uniben(pics) / World Literacy Day / Eye Opener

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.