Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,605 members, 7,888,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:48 PM

Is There A Market For A Two Day Clothing Sale Bonanza In Naija? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is There A Market For A Two Day Clothing Sale Bonanza In Naija? (1027 Views)

Clearance Sale Bonanza Trio / Who Started This Trend In Naija? / I Have Noticed Nigerians Abroad Look Fresher Than Nigerians In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Market For A Two Day Clothing Sale Bonanza In Naija? by Ughelli: 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2009
I currently live in the uk where (as a hobby!) i sell clothes that i source from all over the world. I  buy clothes (and shoes) EXTREMELY cheap  and hence am able to sell them on cheaply. I use a fixed price list which has helped me gain a mass of customers(and people asking me to help them shop when they come over to the uk!!).

I would like to bring the concept i use in England to Nigeria whereby i will hire a venue and host a sample sale bonanza lasting for approx two days.There will be lots of clothes, shoes and accessories! I do not sell wholesale whereby there will be a multitude of one item!!The maximum i usually have of any one item would perhaps be two or three, so there is rarely a chance somebody else would have the same item of clothing or shoe as you.

To give you an idea of fixed prices i sell my clothes at in the UK are:
Women: Dresses £10-£15 Shoes £20 Shirts £15 etc (This could be by any designer or store ranging from Primark,Topshop to Miss Sixty etc)
Men: Shirts £20 Jeans £40 for Ralph Lauren etc (True Religion Jeans i sell at £100 )

I only buy current or future trends

So what i would like to know is, Is there a market for me if i was to come to Nigeria to host a two day sale?Would people come?

[b][/b]
Re: Is There A Market For A Two Day Clothing Sale Bonanza In Naija? by oge4real(f): 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2009
Get ready, advertise very well, then try and see!
Re: Is There A Market For A Two Day Clothing Sale Bonanza In Naija? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 04, 2009
Re: Is There A Market For A Two Day Clothing Sale Bonanza In Naija? by Ughelli: 10:53am On Oct 13, 2009
Thanks for the replies!!Not sure about what give aways or incentives you are referring to??any more info on that i will be much obliged!!

Will definitely advertise it well so watch this space!
Re: Is There A Market For A Two Day Clothing Sale Bonanza In Naija? by Quinby: 12:40pm On Oct 20, 2009
Hi,there is this get together called Le Petit Marche, check the group on Facebook.Different vendors/brands bring their wares to sell under one roof.
It usually holds Last Sunday of every Month somewhere in Victoria Island.

If u need more info,pls mail me quinby_omo@yahoo.com
Re: Is There A Market For A Two Day Clothing Sale Bonanza In Naija? by Mangosteen: 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2010
Hi there, there are a number of events of such that happen in Lagos and Abuja all the time, they are not new to Nigeria, as Quiby mentioned, Le Petit Marche is one of the more regular ones and very well attended, there are several more but they can be epileptic sometimes, as in they might not take place every month. Christmas is the season for fairs and right now there are fairs going on every weekend literally, I went to 2 over the weekend, 1 in lekkie and the other in VI, and I have invites for loads more till Christmas.

Theres always a market for everyone in a country of over 80 million people someone somewhere will buy what you have to sell, as for the fairs, you just have to find them and hope they have stalls avaliable as plenty people go round the world and bring stuff to Nigeria to sell.

Good Luck

(1) (Reply)

Gaddaffi : A Fashion Freak / Unclad Motorcyclist Shocks Christmas As Herides Into City Centre / Vote Barbara As Face Of Hilda Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.