Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,158 members, 7,887,369 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:42 AM

VP Yomi Osinbanjo On The Niger Delta Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VP Yomi Osinbanjo On The Niger Delta Crisis (476 Views)

A Man's Tweet Addressed To Prof Osinbanjo On Governance Goes Viral (screenshot) / Charles Okah, Kanu May Be Freed As MEND, FG Strike Deal To End N-delta Crisis / Niger Delta Crisis: Count Me Out Of Any Dialogue With Govt – Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

VP Yomi Osinbanjo On The Niger Delta Crisis by TUBLEZ(m): 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2016
"We are engaging Niger Delta crisis from all fronts. 40% of our gas used for electricity comes from there. Also, the area is a major income earner for the country and that's why we have started taking measures to develop the area. We have started Ogoni clean up, we have lined up many programmes and structures for the area. However, these can only be done in a peaceful environment. We are already talking with various interests now and we hope for the best. But we must ask ourselves one question as a nation.....where are all these monies sunk into the region in terms of allocation, derivations and many others? Go to the region, you will be pained and forced to ask where did this money go to? We have a situation where young people see all politicians as thieves and I don't blame for them that. They think the only way to get their share from Nigeria is to pick up arms against her. Everyone wants to rape the country. Everyone hide under several deceptive sentiments to milk the nation. They invest in arms to rob the country. All these were caused because of the corruption they have seen from politicians. So they resolve to self help. We will crush corruption in Nigeria. We will ensure that things are done the right way. We will build a real nation where crime will be crime. It is a hard job, it is not going to be a tea party but myself and the President are ready to do everything necessary to change Nigeria and fix the country once and for all....."

YEMI OSINBAJO
Re: VP Yomi Osinbanjo On The Niger Delta Crisis by westreign(m): 9:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
Goodluck to you Sir

(1) (Reply)

Fayose:i Can Never Be Moved By EFCC / Munich Shooting: Buhari Offers To Help Germany Fight Terrorism / As We Await August 2nd - Give A Parting Message To Ndelta Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.