Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,340 members, 7,881,253 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:18 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13th July 2016 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13th July 2016 (501 Views)

The RCCG 65th Annual Convention, Halleluya; 7-13th Aug.17 / Apostle Suleman And His Wife, Lizzy Celebrate Their 13th Wedding Anniversary / Apostle Suleman Celebrates 13th Anniversary Of His Church OFM(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13th July 2016 by Orichson(m): 2:44am On Jul 13, 2016
Theme: Subduing The Flesh - Pastor E.A Adeboye

Open Heavens Daily Devotional Wednesday 13th July 20-18
Memorise:

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

- 1 Corinthians 9:27

Read: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

One of the three expressways to sin is the flesh. Our first parents did not take note of this and so they fell into the trap of the flesh. The Bible says: "And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food...." she fell for the lust of the flesh. It should be recalled that it was food that made Esau lose his birthright. The greatest birthright, of course, is the place Jesus went to prepare for the elects and no child of God should trade his Heavenly mansion for a morsel of food. It is written:
"Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears."
Hebrews 12:16-17

This is the categorization John the beloved Apostle made in his first general epistle when he wrote:
"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." 1 John 2:16.
More: http:///29CkVCJ

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Olawale Elisha Narrates; How My Wife Eunice Was Killed / Is It Right Or OK For A Self-acclaimed Sinner To Pay Tithe? / Is It Proper To Cross Leg While Seated In A Place Of Worship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.