Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,226 members, 7,974,110 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 04:19 PM

Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt (14218 Views)

Advices On A Kia Soul / Who Knows The Price Of A Kia Cerato,rio And Hyundia 2013 And 2014 / Where To Do Up A Kia Rio In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by Gifo(m): 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2009
@ underscore & lawyerchap.
You see, I like you guys. We may be one of a kind.

You just don't talk because others are talking. You talk because you know.

So I rest my case. It's a free world, and these days anyone can be an adviser. Still, it is what it is.
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by underscore: 11:23pm On Sep 30, 2009
Thanks Gifo, I don't do "band wagon".

I experience stuff!

My candid advise: test/research PROPERLY before buying anything! It's important to ask past/current users of the item/car/whatever to seek their opinion.

Never seen any Hyundai/Kia broken down before , great value for money!
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:20am On Sep 10, 2012
Hmmmm
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 10, 2012
Old post, but a Kia Picanto is NOT an ideal car for motorway commuting. With its 1,0/1,1L engine, it produces 60/64hp. A car with such a modest output has to have very low gearing. This means the manual gearbox, while being a 5-speed unit will have the overall gearing low enough for the engine to pull in 5th. So the 5th gear will be similar to the 4th on an older car, or even lower.

This will equate to high revs for motorway speeds. The average family car pulls 3,000 rpm @ 74 mph. The Picanto will be pulling close to 4,000 rpm @ 70 mph. This will make the engine work extremely hard on the motorway. It will be noisy too, the Picanto is a City car, and not really designed with long motorway trips in mind. The engine won't last very long with that sort of punishment, it'll be an uncomfortable, noisy ride.

As a City car, it's excellent. For motorway trips? No.
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 11, 2012
Shomoba01: Picanto might travel regardless of its size of its engine u never can tell wen it might disappoint u. U can settle for a toks peugeot, dis cars are reliable, u can even see its old models on the street of lagos. I think peugeots are reliable. If u need some let me know.

Pls drop ur phone no
Re: Please Can A Kia Picanto Transit Between Lagos And Port Harcourt by Eking: 11:45pm On Sep 11, 2012
@OP i wont advice you to get anyfin less than a 1.8L engine for such long distance journey...using a picanto for such long journeys will kill it in no time
and for those of you who say kia/hyundai cars are rubbish dont know what they are saying. The key to a enjoying any car is preventive maintenance and not waiting till when the car breaks down.Why do you guys think most of these tokunbo cars are still in good condition,its cos the white people have good maintenance culture. Some 2007 naija used camrysare in far worse conditions than some imported 1996 used camrys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jaguar Unveil It's 1st Ever Electric Car,The 395bhp I-Pace With A 298-Mile Range / 10 Essential Things To Have In Your Car Always. / 5-Wheel Drive:Watch How A Driver Escape Bumper-To-Bumper Parking On Busy Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.