Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,262 members, 7,880,989 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:29 AM

Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. (193538 Views)

What's The craziest Thing Someone Has Ever Done For You Out Of Love? / At The Valley Of Decisions / Love Letter (clash Of Love)season 1, Episode 5,6,7,8,9,10 Story By Samuel Odamah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by OLAFIMIX(f): 1:54pm On Nov 09, 2016
Walahi if pamela go back to Tobe na die be that........babe you are just to good
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2016
As early as 6:30am, Amber was already in my house. While I did the necessary chores, Amber went straight to the kitchen to start making food. Lois would arrive, latest, by 11 and I would still be at Lincoln Dayzee. By the time I was dressed and about stepping out, I was already perceiving the aroma of goat meat pepper soup.

Amber: You look amazing.

Me: Thanks my love. I can already perceive your handwork.

Amber: Anything for you dear. I bet you, with your appearance alone, the contract is already sealed.

Me: Amen o.

Amber: Run along now so you won't be late.

Me: Thanks. And text me as soon as Lois is here. I've sent her your number okay?

Amber: No problems. Goodluck.

Me: Thanks dear.

We shared a quick hug and I picked up my car key and left.
I quickly sent a message to Leonard and he replied, wishing me good luck.

Traffic was light and at exactly 10:00, I was in the parking lot of Lincoln Dayzee. I killed my ignition, gathered my files and my handbag and stepped out from the car. I locked it and started my graceful walk into the company. The interview was scheduled for 10:30. During the ride in the elevator, I called dad and informed him that I was there, he wished me luck and asked that I try to impress the young CEO so we could get along together and maybe have a future together too. Parents will always remain parents.
The receptionist on the floor was very cheerful and friendly. She must have mastered her work because she had a smile plastered on her phone.

Jessica: Good morning Miss?

Me: Pamela.

Jessica: Miss Pamela, I'm Jessica and you are welcome to Dayzee.

She ran her eyes on her huge note with that same smile.

Jessica: You have a meeting with the boss at 10:30. Please sit down.

Me: Thanks Jessica.

I lowered myself to a very comfortable cushion and clutched my file. This company is absolutely one of a kind. Some minutes later, a girl of about 20 or 21 came out from a door, she was dressed in a skimpy gown and her make up was heavy. She batted her eyelids at me and walked away. I didn't miss the kind of look Jessica gave her before she picked up the telephone ad announced my presence.

Jessica: You may go in now.

Me: Thank you.

I stood up and looked at her for direction, then she pointed at the door the silly girl had walked out from. I smiled and walked to the door. I tapped on it before walking in to get the shock of my life.

Me: William?

He was looking different and way more handsome than I can remember. But, he wasn't looking friendly one bit, even seeing me did not bring a smile to his face.

William: Lock the door behind you Miss.

I was surprised at the way he spoke to me like I was someone else or one of his stubborn employees. I closed the door and decided to remind him of who I am.

Me: William, it's me, don't you remember me?

William: Pamela Bernards, come and sit down please. I don't have time for such fake pleasantries.

Me: What?

The shock and embarrassment I felt at that moment didn't make me realise when I sat my @ss down on the chair opposite him. He opened a file which was on his desk and stared deeply into it.

William: So, I spoke with your father and you're just here for us to sign the necessary papers.

Me: But.....

William: We're done talking about this contract because we already signed it. Look.

He pushed the file towards me like I was a leper, then he pulled out a cigarette and lit it. I looked at the papers and it had daddy's signature on it already. I went through it and realised that he was right, that was when it occurred to me that daddy was trying to match make us. How can daddy play this kind of trick on me and how must it be coincidentally with William?
I pulled my pen and was about to sign in the space allotted to me when he pushed away my hand and took the file. Tears welled up my eyes at such rudeness and I had to let my heart cry out.

Me: What did you just do William? Is that the best way to treat a friend?

William: You'll sign in the presence of the board. The board of executives from your company and mine. And to that, we'll be throwing a get together party for our companies so we'll get to know ourselves and our shareholders. We'll sign this papers there.

He puffed smoke into the air and looked away. I knew I'm on a long thing now and it'll only take the grace of God to bring me out of this one.
I stood up, straightened my skirt, picked my file and my handbag and made to walk out, then it occurred to me, we had no contacts.
I brought out my card and dropped it on the table.

Me: On a second thought, that's my card. I'll be expecting your call.

I walked out as soon as possible before he would say something else. But before I could get to my car, a text message came in.

"the party is on the 10th. I'm sure you saw the girl that walked out of my office. That's the kind of things I eat now."

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by OLAFIMIX(f): 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2016
Eewoo...... Na lie, Will will turn around joo. Thank you for the update.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Dinabella: 7:44pm On Nov 09, 2016
Ghost mode deactivated... Am so looooooooving this story Following bumper to bumper. Really nice story you gat here Pamelb.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Yuneehk(f): 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2016
Dude's just feeling hurt because Pamel disappeared from their lives without a word some years back. Was she expecting him to welcome her with open arms and smile like all's well

He'll still come around sha. He's just doing initial gragra cheesy

Nne jisike and thanks for the update
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by prisomic(f): 8:28am On Nov 10, 2016
Dis one na belleful oooo,thanks babe n waiting patiently for family pack!!!!
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Winters22: 8:38am On Nov 10, 2016
team Leonard!!! winkteam Leonard!!!
William is a kid. What does he hope to achieve by that attitude?
pamela berra not hook up with him!
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by abefe99: 9:39am On Nov 10, 2016
dis lady don get upper hand for dis thread oooo nice one dear God bless u pls more update
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by princessadeola(f): 10:07am On Nov 10, 2016
Winters22:
team Leonard!!! winkteam Leonard!!!

William is a kid. What does he hope to achieve by that attitude?

pamela berra not hook up with him!
He is not a kid my brother, he was just relieving his pain, he was hurt and dat is d only way he knows how to.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 10:25am On Nov 10, 2016
So much love from you guys. I'm sorry I can't reply quote by quote so I don't derail the thread. But I sight you all and I'm happy you guys find my story interesting. I love you guys to the moon and back.....

I looked at the text message again and my heart sank. I quickly knew he has something up his sleeves and whatever it was, I'm ready to give him double of it. I drove to the estate and dialled Leonard's number.

Leonard: You're back already?

Me: Yes. What zone do you live in? I need to speak with you now.

Leonard: Wait wait. Are you okay?

Me: I'm not. Zone what is that?

Leonard: Zone q. Where are you now?

I hung up and drove to the said zone. It still had a lot of uncompleted houses but it all looked super classy. I didn't drive in for long before I Leonard stepped out from a gate. The mansion was gigantic and beautiful even from outside. But I was not here to admire his house. I parked and got down, leaving my heels in the car.

Leonard: You don't look good.

Me: Yes. Because I just met William.

Leonard: Where? Did he say anything to you? Did you meet him at your interview?

Me: Lincoln Dayzee. That's where I had the interview. And William.....

Leonard: Is the CEO, I know. But you didn't tell me the company you were going to. Was he harsh?

Me: He was more than harsh Leo. He talked to me like I was some random girl, like he had never met me before. He .......

He led me into his arms and I wept. I kept asking myself why I was crying.

Leonard: Come inside please.

I freed myself and wiped my tears. He was looking at me with so much love and concern that I was embarrassed.

Leonard: You need to relax. If you can remember what I told you, I told you that you need to be strong for what was to come. I knew that somehow, someday you were going to run into him and it won't be funny. I'm sorry but that's what William turned into after you left.

I looked up immediately and shame washed through me.

Leonard: He's become a monster that I don't enjoy his company anymore. All that matters to him now are money, girls and embarrassing people. William is no longer the same William we spent our time with and babe, it will take only you to bring him back to who he used to be.

Then it struck me, if he was doing all these because I had left, then it'll take my presence to change him. I had earlier agreed I won't be having anything to do with him again after the party but no, I'll use every opportunity I get to make him see my face. With that thought in my mind, a smile quickly appeared on my face.

Leonard: What?

Me: I'll be right back. I need to talk to that boy. And hey, Lois is in my house now.

Leonard: Our own Lois?

Me: Yes. I'll call you once I'm back.

I ran to my car, got in and drove off without waiting to hear from him. I responded to his innocent waves with the honk of my car before I drove off, determined to bring back my friend.

I got to the company and parked my car, put on my heels and stepped out. I didn't bother with my handbag or files because this was not a formal visit. I walked into the building and patiently waited as the elevator rode up. The elevator stopped me on the 6th floor and I walked in, straight to the reception who put up a smile immediately she saw me.

Jessica: Welcome back ma'am. I didn't notice when you left.

Me: Sorry Jess. Is your boss in?.

Jessica: Yes but.......

Me: I'll be right back.

I walked to the door, opened it and my jaw dropped. A young girl, of same age as the silly one I had met before was bouncing on his laps. The were both so carried away that they didn't know I was there till I startled them by shutting the door. The girl turned and stared daggers at me, while I stood there with my hands folded under my breasts. I couldn't see Williams face but one thing, he carried the girl up a little and fu'cked her for some seconds before I heard him grunt and they both fell back, then he pushed her off him and she fell off his laps.

William: Get out.

The girl stood up, dressed her gown, picked up her pant which was on the table and stuffed it into her handbag. She walked up to me and was about to speak when I opened the door for her and said it in my own words....

Me: Get out, little slut.

She was surprised but again, she stepped out and I locked the door.

William: Didn't I make it clear to you that our business was on the 10th?

Me: You might as well zip up so I can talk to you with my eyes open.

William: What do you want?

Me: My friend.

11 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Adudavidlee(m): 10:52am On Nov 10, 2016
Pls continue... cry cry cry
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 10, 2016
OMGoodness cry
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by abefe99: 11:49am On Nov 10, 2016
pamel B u are a genius!!!! wat a luvly update luv u dear keep it coming abeg
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by amyvals(f): 11:55am On Nov 10, 2016
okk, it is official, u are a genius, dis story kips getting interesting, though shorter and I understand ur reasons. At least u update everyday which is very good. Thanks pamela
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Horlorlardaey: 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
lemme quickly drop a comment
pamelB you're good
loving this.....
your alone was too great, I enjoyed it too
kip slaying nairaland sis...
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
Chai. Love o, love o...... I'm "loving" the love you guys are showing me here. Please pardon my short updates, it's the little time I steal at work that I use to update. But no matter what, I'll keep giving it to you guys back to back.

I allowed my word sink in before I started walking close. I watched him fiddle with his zipper and he stood up just as I got to the edge of his table.

William: Don't let me call the security on you. Remember i still have the files to our contract and can still cancel it.

Me: Fine. Do whatever you want to do but first of all, I'll say what I want to say without batting an eyelid

William: Get out of here now Pamela. I don't want to talk to you.

Me: But I want to talk. And I'm glad you remember my name is not Miss.

We stared at each other for a while and he sat down on his office Bleep seat.

William: What do you want?

His voice was filled with disdain but I wouldn't let that bring me down. He spoke like I was disgusting but I'll let him tell me that before I leave.

Me: What you eat. That's what I'm here to talk about.

He slammed his fist on the table and stood up.

William: It's none of your business what i do with my life.

Me: The same way it's not my business what you eat. What were you thinking? That I'll allow your arrogance and self centered nature to bring me down or get me discouraged? You've got another thing coming William. You think this rubbish you're doing is one of a kind? No. Instead I see you as a weakling and dumbass who's so scared to express his hurt over the wrong done him. If I did something, speak it now than trying to be all rude and bossy. It doesn't work on Pamela Bernards.

I saw it clearly on his face, anger, shock, pain. But I also saw love in his eyes. A part of me wanted to pull him to me and console him, but the other part wants to hear him talk and i allowed that part win.

William: I'm.....I'm glad you know a wrong was done to me. But it's not in your power to tell me when I'm tired of punishing the female folk for all the pains I had passed through because of their kind.

His words hurt and I felt my throat twitch in tears.

Me: And you think it's the best?

William: When she left, she didn't bother about what was best or not. She was selfish and I took after her.

The "her" was me. A decision that changed my life and made me an island. I couldn't fight for my boyfriend but I was going to fight for my friend.

William: Now, get out of here. Though it'll give me great pleasure to watch the security manhandle you but I'm being considerate because of your dad.

Me: You lie. You don't wanna call the security because it'll hurt you to see them treat me harshly, you don't want to call them because you love that I'm here. Have you ever thought of your friends? There was a barbeque at Leonard's estate the other day and you were not there, did you even know about it? Someone who has been a part of your life for many years? Why? Because of this new you, your friends don't enjoy your company anymore because you're simply odd William.

William: You don't......

Me: I'm not done talking love peddler. You listen. Everyone is happy, Leonard, me, Lois, we still keep in touch and are together. Why are you different? Why are you killing yourself? Vent your anger directly on the person who hurt you and not on yourself. With your new attitude and all the bony things you eat, it's only taking you away from your real life and one day, you'll need your life back but you'll realise that those bones you've being eating has choked you to death.

I stormed out of the office and Jessica was just about to leave for lunch. She still had her smile plastered on her face.

Me: Hi Jess.

Jessica: Hi. I'm curious please, are you related to my boss?

Me: And why do you ask?

Jessica: Madam, if it were another girl that walked in and saw my boss that way, there would have been war here. You can't count the.....

Me: Now you're gossiping Jess. You were about going out.

Jessica: Yes madam. I want to go have lunch.

Me: Anywhere close?

Jessica: The next street.

Me: Alright. I'll buy you lunch.

She was so happy that she hugged me and I had no choice but to return her hug.
She was chatty in the elevator and I couldn't help but wonder if she was like that to every lady who visits William. i also found myself thinking about William and how I could get him out of the silly lifestyle he was living.
We got to my car and I realised my phone had missed calls, all from Amber and Lois' Nigerian number.

Me: Oh Jesus.

Jessica: Any problem ma'am?

Me: I actually forgot that some people are waiting for me at home.

Her smile slowly disappeared.

Jessica; It's okay ma'am. We can do this next time.

Me: No. Get in. I'll fulfill my word. And please call me Pamela.

She smiled and nodded before getting into the car. I drove her to "chitis restaurant" which was behind the company street. I opened my handbag and fished for my purse. I counted #7000 out of the #15,000 I had and gave it to her.

Me: Have this for lunch. I'm sorry I can't go in with you.

Jessica: Oh.

She hugged me before I could say a word and I was marvelled at her show of affection.

Jessica: We just met today and.....

Me: Now don't get too emotional on me. I'll see you some other time okay?

She wiped a tear and we exchanged numbers before she got down and I drove off. Putting my mind back to my best friend who's waiting at home, she'll kill me for keeping her waiting. I swerved into the express and pointed my ignition straight home.

9 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by bim2: 2:59pm On Nov 10, 2016
Thanks so much for your update.
Always looking forward to it
God bless
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by abefe99: 3:05pm On Nov 10, 2016
thanks dear
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Adudavidlee(m): 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2016
Thank u PamelB

First time visiting your profile

U look beautiful
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by heemah(f): 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2016
Thanks for ur consistency Ma'am!
I know William will soon come around.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by OLAFIMIX(f): 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
You are a darling.......

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Tgold1(m): 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2016
pamelB Mi ooo, I too luv this Tori ooo, keep up d good work
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by OkoAnike(m): 5:07pm On Nov 10, 2016
PamelB, things are getting beyond my imagination... What a great work of art, Op is this a fiction or a story of someone's life? It's so coherent, perfect and real. I could see every projection in real life, well-done our best entertainer of the month... We love ur work and loved u too.

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Shakyroh320(f): 5:23pm On Nov 10, 2016
tankx for being considerate dear,kip it cuming.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Taiofil(m): 5:34pm On Nov 10, 2016
PamelB i must confess am really impressed with this ur story... Its a nice piece!
Always looking forward to new update whenever am i romance section.. Nice 1 again!
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Daisyben(f): 5:56pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hey swt....ur stil d boss lady,loving it like kilode......bou hey dnt kip us waitin ni....kip it flowin
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by princessadeola(f): 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2016
It keeps getting better. Weldone
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Vickiey192(f): 7:30pm On Nov 10, 2016
Please keep the updates flowing
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by amyvals(f): 7:45pm On Nov 10, 2016
fire on dearie, we are waiting
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 4:11am On Nov 11, 2016
Pamela! kuku burst my brain nah

I need more grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Zulliheart: 8:20am On Nov 11, 2016
Pamel pls, keep flowing
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by EzehV(m): 1:06pm On Nov 11, 2016
At a point I really began to think that this story was true only to remember that it is just a fiction. Pamela, nice one dear. Keep it up plus thanks for the Parental Guidance feature you added to the script, it shows maturity. grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (33) (Reply)

Does My Ex Boyfriend Miss Me After The Breakup / Me And My Boss Wife (sex Story) / 10 Signs Your Girlfriend Just Slept With Someone Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.