Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,578 members, 7,934,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 12:39 PM

How To Recover What You Have Lost In Life - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Recover What You Have Lost In Life (608 Views)

Help Me. I Am Lost In My Own Thoughts / What Is That One Thing You Know , You Have Lost Due To Lack Of Confidence? / Anti Success Symptoms That Limits Our Progress In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Recover What You Have Lost In Life by peterprosper: 7:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
Understanding The Covenant Of Recovery

We discover from scriptures that every move of God is accompanied by waves of recovery. The Bible says:
Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month. And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the fats shall overflow with wine and oil. And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you. And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed (Joel 2:23-27).
We also discover that Jesus came, among others, to restore all we may have lost. It is written: The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly (John 10:10).
Furthermore, from scriptures, we understand that every redeemed child of God is called to enjoy all the good things of life, which include: spiritual, material and social. As it is written:
According as his (God’s) divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness… (2 Peter 1:3; see also Psalms 34:10, Matthew 7:11). Unfortunately, many believers do not know what belongs to them in redemption; as such, they cannot account for whatever the devil has stolen from them.
But, what are the things that belong to us in redemption?
First, it is important to know that Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law and launched us into the realm of Abrahamic blessings. As it is written:
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith(Galatians 3:13-14).
Again, the Bible says: Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and
riches , and wisdom, and strength , and honour , and glory , and blessing (Revelation 5:12).
“The Lamb” in the above scripture is Jesus Christ; who, via redemption, purchased for us this seven-fold blessing:

Power: At salvation, we are empowered for triumph because the whole world lies in wickedness and the only language the enemy understands is power. As such, we need power to rule in the midst of our enemies since it takes empowerment to triumph in this wicked world (John 1:12; Luke 10:19; Psalms 66:3).

Riches: At redemption, we were rescued from the dungeon of poverty and translated into the Kingdom of prosperity. As it is written: For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich (2 Corinthians 8:9).

Wisdom: Every redeemed child of God possesses divine wisdom as part of his/her new nature because at new birth, we are endowed with the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16; Matthew 11:19).

Strength: This means health, vitality, vigour and unusual energy. The church in the wilderness had no feeble person among their tribes. Unusual strength always attends to men who are in love with God. He is not only the Saviour of your soul, He is the Saviour of your body. Your body must be saved and delivered from corruption. Concerning Jesus, the Bible says: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed (1 Peter 2:24; see also Proverbs 13:17; Matthew 8:17).

Honour : Every child of God has been redeemed as a star after the order of Christ; therefore, honour is our heritage in Christ. We are a city set on a hill that cannot be hid. We are the light of the world and the Salt of the earth. Therefore, we are valuable entities on the earth. When God honours, no devil can dishonor you and anybody who dares to dishonor who God has honoured, will lick the dust. For God’s honour is permanent. It is written: For your shame ye shall have double (honour); and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them (Isaiah 61:7; see also Revelation 22:16; John 17:18).

Glory: This is the answer to shame. We must recognize that by redemption, glory is not a destination but an adventure. As it is written: But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18; see also Joel 2:26-27wink.

Blessings: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1:3).
Are you born again? This means, have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Saviour and Lord? If you haven’t, you can do so as you say this prayer: “Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Deliver me from sin and satan to serve the Living God. Today, I accept You as my Lord and Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now I know I am born again!”

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Part Or Section Of ELECT./ELECT. ENG. Should I Major In.? / Accountants: Become Sage 50 Africa And Sage Evolution Premium Certified / Lawyers On Nairaland Please Your Attention Is Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.