Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,254 members, 7,970,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:27 PM

The Concept Of Car Tracking And Why You Might Need One On Your Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Concept Of Car Tracking And Why You Might Need One On Your Car (432 Views)

Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / Vehicle's Tracking And Recovery / Auto Tracking And Security Gadgets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Concept Of Car Tracking And Why You Might Need One On Your Car by Kelechi2020(m): 7:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
The intent of this write up is solely not to convince you on why you need a tracker in your vehicle but to enlighten cum educate folks who might in the near future plan to add an extra layer of security, comfort and control to their car, make the right choices while making informed negotiations with an installer .And as well explain some hazy misconceptions about this technology.
Re: The Concept Of Car Tracking And Why You Might Need One On Your Car by Kelechi2020(m): 7:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
We must commend owners of @carreportng . Creating a database for stolen vehicle has been the norm in developed countries handled by the police. www.carreport.com.ng is a wonderful platform that has provided for victims of car theft a medium to register their cases and hope someone somewhere pops an alarm.

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Car Tracking And Why You Might Need One On Your Car by Kelechi2020(m): 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
Why the heck do you need a car tracker in the first place

Assuming you are not aware that that the state of Nigeria’s security has gone down the bricks partly as a result of present economic meltdown , and the police at times seems not to offer any help . Car theft have further become a lucrative business in Nigeria. Giving the new Forex regime it is cheaper to buy in Nigeria(stolen) than import a new one.

1. Adds an extra layer of security, comfort and control to your car. Just imagine been at a social function or in your office but you can’t help but keep thinking about how safe that car you bought after saving for countless months is at the parking lot. With a good vehicle tracker you can disable your engines by sending a simple command to ensure that car never starts (YES!!!, I know new models of cars have transponders attached to there keys ,but they still get stolen and might not be easily recovered without a tracker and I still wonder how) Read : Stolen Toyota Highlander 2008 Model https://www.nairaland.com/3206716/stolen-toyota-highlander-2008-model
Re: The Concept Of Car Tracking And Why You Might Need One On Your Car by Kelechi2020(m): 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2016
On a second thought, you know we Nigerians and trust issues .You own fleet of cars running the streets of Lagos. Making cool cash for you. Its normal that you must care to know where these vehicles are at and their status at a particular time and state so that driver does not come back each day with stories that tickle the nipple.
Re: The Concept Of Car Tracking And Why You Might Need One On Your Car by Kelechi2020(m): 9:44am On Jul 14, 2016
Still remember visiting one of the big boys in my street to introduce this security feature to him and he was like “what the heck is car tracking and why do I need it?” after all my jingles he never called back , but that vehicle was stolen just last month
Re: The Concept Of Car Tracking And Why You Might Need One On Your Car by Kelechi2020(m): 9:46am On Jul 14, 2016
Misconceptions/FAQs about vehicle trackers

I don’t need a car tracker, I have a yearly paid third party insurance.
Using South Africa as a case study: Every registered vehicle is fitted with a tracking device thus just as our police force check for your scam insurance papers, south African police demand for tracker papers.It and this has helped bring car related crimes down to the barest minimum .It is worthy to note that you can’t lay a claim on third party insurance. Still wonder why we pay for that.
Re: The Concept Of Car Tracking And Why You Might Need One On Your Car by Kelechi2020(m): 7:41pm On Jul 15, 2016

I rather go for comprehensive insurance..Fine and good..Note that any good insurance firm you choose for this purpose must install a tracker on your vehicle. That’s after you have paid 30% of the vehicles actual value plus a monthly premium of up to 7k(yes)..Why not take your insurance into your hands and save yourself cool cash.
Re: The Concept Of Car Tracking And Why You Might Need One On Your Car by Kelechi2020(m): 7:43pm On Jul 15, 2016

Is car tracking insurance? Auto tracking is not insurance. Permit me to call it is a manual override of comprehensive insurance where you take your insurance into your hands and save yourself cool cash on premiums..

Installing an auto tracker is expensive
..NO NO NO...Basically installing a tracker is not expensive unless you opt for Fleet management where the installing company partly manages your tracker and is responsible for recharging the tracker number.

(1) (Reply)

Grab Ths Cool Offer. Toyota Corolla Le Fairly Used In Ph (pics) / FJ Cruiser 2008 / Africa's First Biofuel Flights Take Off In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.