Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,698 members, 7,932,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 04:21 PM

BIAFRA BOMBSHELL!! APGA Drops Fresh Statement – If Only Govt Had Done This, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BIAFRA BOMBSHELL!! APGA Drops Fresh Statement – If Only Govt Had Done This, (1164 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu At APGA Campaign Ahead Of Anambra Election (Photos) / 110 Things To Have Happened If Federal Govt Had Invited Zuckerberg To Nigeria / Saraki Issues Fresh Statement On His CCT Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BIAFRA BOMBSHELL!! APGA Drops Fresh Statement – If Only Govt Had Done This, by Kingson56(m): 6:16am On Jul 14, 2016
The All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), on Tuesday, said that the ongoing agitation for secession of eastern Nigeria by Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) was caused by frustration over injustices in Nigeria.
This was revealed by the national chairman of APGA, Victor Oye, who spoke with journalist at the NUJ Press Centre, Awka.
Oye insisted that the agitation will end if the obvious imbalance and marginalization of Igbo people were properly dealt with.
He said, “The Igbo man does not believe in destruction. They suffered so much during the Nigeria civil war and they have not recovered from effects of that war. They believe in the unity of Nigeria, but the inequitable distribution of amenities, which is not in their favour, is what is driving the agitation. Once they are properly recognized and given a sense of belonging in the country, the whole world will see that Igbo people love Nigeria.
“If they are given good roads, jobs and treated fairly and equitably in the distribution of appointments, there would not be any agitation and this is certain. When the people drive on the dilapidated Onitsha – Enugu road, Oba – Nnewi – Okigwe road, Aba – Port Harcourt road, Owerri – Port Harcourt road, Enugu – Umuahia – Aba road which are all federal roads and watch the way appointments are being made in the country, naturally they should be agitated.”
ALSO READ Asari Dokubo Release Shocking Statement About FG Finding Oil in Lagos State
He dismissed insinuation that there is a rift between former governor of Anambra state, Peter Obi, and his successor, Willie Obiano.
“Obiano and Obi are the same. It is the political turncoats that are making the situation look as if there is a rift between them. Obi laid a solid foundation for the development of the state and Obiano has continued to build the structures. As far as we are concerned, there is no rift between the two great sons of this state.”

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA BOMBSHELL!! APGA Drops Fresh Statement – If Only Govt Had Done This, by iamsparrow(m): 6:18am On Jul 14, 2016
I will comment when this thread reach FP, for now, I reserve my comment
Re: BIAFRA BOMBSHELL!! APGA Drops Fresh Statement – If Only Govt Had Done This, by maryjan8(f): 6:20am On Jul 14, 2016
Hmm
Re: BIAFRA BOMBSHELL!! APGA Drops Fresh Statement – If Only Govt Had Done This, by Nobody: 6:23am On Jul 14, 2016
Naija my naija.
Re: BIAFRA BOMBSHELL!! APGA Drops Fresh Statement – If Only Govt Had Done This, by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:29am On Jul 14, 2016
Nigerians are all marginalised by our leaders cool cool
Re: BIAFRA BOMBSHELL!! APGA Drops Fresh Statement – If Only Govt Had Done This, by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 14, 2016
Buhari has divided Nigeria forever and nothing will change it again.
Re: BIAFRA BOMBSHELL!! APGA Drops Fresh Statement – If Only Govt Had Done This, by Theoritical(m): 6:36am On Jul 14, 2016
Yeah' I concur! Am not an ibo man, I believe the ibos have been push to the walls, several times' yet they refuse to retaliate. From Killing protesters to being denied key roles in Govt; yet' they still remain peaceful. It will be inhuman for govt not to heed to their plight.
I pray their request is granted soon' but as regards to breaking out of 9ja; we noor go let una go ooo" grin without ibo, 9ja is incomplete

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA BOMBSHELL!! APGA Drops Fresh Statement – If Only Govt Had Done This, by nonjebose(m): 6:46am On Jul 14, 2016
Issues like this should be looked into to holistically forestall growing restless agitation.
Re: BIAFRA BOMBSHELL!! APGA Drops Fresh Statement – If Only Govt Had Done This, by ckmayoca: 6:46am On Jul 14, 2016
Otito oro ni.
Re: BIAFRA BOMBSHELL!! APGA Drops Fresh Statement – If Only Govt Had Done This, by 7inches: 8:39am On Jul 14, 2016
ok
Re: BIAFRA BOMBSHELL!! APGA Drops Fresh Statement – If Only Govt Had Done This, by pacino26(m): 8:44am On Jul 14, 2016
Theoritical:
Yeah' I concur! Am not an ibo man, I believe the ibos have been push to the walls, several times' yet they refuse to retaliate. From Killing protesters to being denied key roles in Govt; yet' they still remain peaceful. It will be inhuman for govt not to heed to their plight.
I pray their request is granted soon' but as regards to breaking out of 9ja; we noor go let una go ooo" grin without ibo, 9ja is incomplete

You're an honest gentleman.

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA BOMBSHELL!! APGA Drops Fresh Statement – If Only Govt Had Done This, by 33xtr06r: 8:55am On Jul 14, 2016
Gross injustice or not, political appointments or not, the fact still remains that Igbos are comfortable having a separate existence for self-determination is an inalienable right of ANY people.

Not even the promise of presidency come 2019/2023; sponsoring propaganda by confused stooges and slaves; threats of war, annihilation and confiscation of properties; drumming of landlocked, sea-locked, air-locked, sunlight-locked, gravity-locked and all what not can deter, stop or quench the raging IPOB tsunamic movement.

Re: BIAFRA BOMBSHELL!! APGA Drops Fresh Statement – If Only Govt Had Done This, by buhahaha: 8:59am On Jul 14, 2016
JOE IGBOKWE WILL Not like this!! because he fail to understand that there is reasons for reason..He lack proper knowledge of his own people and probably he might have been bought or instructed to say whatever he's spewing. We don't hate NIGERIA but we dnt seem to be part of it and we remembered we have Nation of our own and they started begging us indirectly,,sm started forcing us to be afraid. We won't!!!
Re: BIAFRA BOMBSHELL!! APGA Drops Fresh Statement – If Only Govt Had Done This, by rusher14: 10:15am On Jul 14, 2016
I don't get it.

A new party was formed with the mantra of change. Apparently, the SE didn't think this was necessary hence the massive vote for the status quo.

Barely, had the new government settled into office before massive protests and agitations were witnessed.

Man even threatened their kinsmen against accepting appointment from the present government.

Yet, it appears there were some infrastructural deficiencies suffered by the SE.

The new government even initiated the Calabar -Lagos rail line which many kicked against.

Please can you remind me what exactly the problem is?

(1) (Reply)

Who Are The " We Niger Delta"? / Arms Scam: Eight Senior Military Officers Face Dismissal / Senator Oluremi Tinubu Writes The Nigeria Police For Pritection From Sen. Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.