Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,134 members, 7,887,284 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:49 AM

Man Sentenced To 9 Months After Cat Found Spray Painted, Abused - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Sentenced To 9 Months After Cat Found Spray Painted, Abused (696 Views)

Nigerian Man Sentenced To Jail In U.K For Possession Of Drugs And Guns. Photos / Man Sentenced To Death Attempts Suicide At Benin High Court (Photos) / 23-year-old Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Stealing Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sentenced To 9 Months After Cat Found Spray Painted, Abused by sixtus3606(m): 7:49am On Jul 14, 2016
A man will spend time behind bars after a cat was found spray painted and abused in Charlevoix County.

Paul Wicker, of Boyne City, was sentenced Friday morning to the maximum guideline of nine months in jail with a two day credit.

This case started back in October of 2015 when a cat was found spray painted and abused in Charlevoix County.

The male cat named Murphy was coated in orange-red spray paint and his tail was broken in several places. The injuries required Murphy's tail to be amputated. Murphy also had a severe infection and infestation.

Murphy had to be shaved to get the spray paint off of him but the vet says he is healthy. Since then, Murphy has found his forever home and loving where he lives, according to the Charlevoix County Humane Society!

According to the Court Clerk, Wicker was originally charged with one count of killing or torturing an animal and one count of cruelty to an animal.

In May, Wicker pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of attempted killing or torturing an animal.

According to Charlevoix County Prosecutor Allen Telgenhof, Wicker allegedly yelled to a co-worker, in the presence of the witness, "I want her dead" or "I'm going to kill her." An affidavit signed by Sheriff Schneider, a witness in this case was allegedly threatened by Wicker the day after she spoke with police.

The judge added at Friday's sentencing that if Wicker is able to complete "Thinking Matters" program, he will receive three months off this sentence.

SOURCE: http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/man-sentenced-to-9-months-after-cat-found-spray-painted-abused
Cc lalasticlala, Mynd44 & OMA4J

Re: Man Sentenced To 9 Months After Cat Found Spray Painted, Abused by Niyinficient(m): 7:57am On Jul 14, 2016
This Oyinbo people are mad sha.....oya, why are still eating meat, pork, mutton,chicken if the love for animal is so great? I love pets but won't place my favourite dog above any man.
Re: Man Sentenced To 9 Months After Cat Found Spray Painted, Abused by Oliviaxx(f): 7:59am On Jul 14, 2016
Ahn ahn...'cat abuse' kwa? cry what did the poor cat ever do to him?
Re: Man Sentenced To 9 Months After Cat Found Spray Painted, Abused by Mynd44: 8:01am On Jul 14, 2016
Niyinficient:
This Oyinbo people are mad sha.....oya, why are still eating meat, pork, mutton,chicken if the love for animal is so great? I love pets but won't place my favourite dog above any man.
Killing an animal to eat is not the same as torturing an animal because it makes you feel good. What is the gain?
Re: Man Sentenced To 9 Months After Cat Found Spray Painted, Abused by TyrantInAsoRock: 8:29am On Jul 14, 2016
He he
Re: Man Sentenced To 9 Months After Cat Found Spray Painted, Abused by Daeveed(m): 8:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
#Lol...What Will They Do To Does That Killed A Dolphin??
Re: Man Sentenced To 9 Months After Cat Found Spray Painted, Abused by Taiyescott(m): 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hilarious!!

(1) (Reply)

Fake Or True? / Lol! Man Sneaks Into Gay Club Just To Fill Lubricant Dispenser With ACID / Report Says 370 Kilos Of Cocaine Found At Coca-cola Factory In France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.