Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,909 members, 7,872,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:59 AM

Beggars Are Brave Sometimes. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Beggars Are Brave Sometimes. (387 Views)

Beggars Of Love=>write Up By Dindy / Some Beggars Are Bold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beggars Are Brave Sometimes. by Jeus(m): 7:36pm On Jul 14, 2016
Mr. Ali looked at the crippled beggar with so much rage. I didn't understand what was going on, but then he would have given the beggar a beating of his life, if he wasn't  begging or maybe just because he was cripple. I was supposed to meet up with him that day, and I was listening to Koker's Kaabo on my phone, my headphones were banging, I didn't understand why I didn't listen to the song before but then I realised I downloaded it a week before while looking at Koker's discography on Tooxclusive, and then when the music stopped, I checked to see why and then saw his name Boldly written on my phone screen, Ali. I picked, but the couldn't hear what he was saying, I thought it was because my phone didn't support the headphones, I didn't bother to call him back. I knew I would see him when I arrived anyway, certain he was at the park.

I got to the park, and put a call to him, the forced MTN caller tune was Falz Soft work, I enjoyed the tune but didn't bother to copy, He picked and asked, "Where u dey, sir", and I replied, awed by the "Sir" like a boss, "oga, where you dey?. He told me he was eating at a spot we had previously eaten together before. I knew the spot so I proceeded there. It was easy to recognize him, as he was wearing the same shirt he had worn for the past three days, and as soon as I was near him, he said, "Welcome, Oga" while moving his hand repeatedly to pursue the flies trying to perch on his food. It was Egusi and Poundo, I guessed he bought only one wrap of Poundo, and was surprised because he normally took two before. He held goat meat on his head, eating the Poundo and the meat almost simultaneously. He was done, I guessed but the Poundo was still remaining, and some soup with goat meat, I guessed he wanted to place it in take away and take it to the farm, so he could eat it as lunch. The food seller was looking at me again after I told her I wasn't eating, as though she was begging that I at least bought her food, even if I won't eat it.

I felt a certain movement  around me, and then saw the beggar coming, I moved away to let him beg, I am not  the type to give beggars money, and my excuse has always been that they could do something fetish with my fingerprint on the money afterwards. He moved to Mr. Ali, and raised his hands, he wasn't saying anything, just waving as though the gesture was all that mattered. Mr. Ali ignored him, like any other person will. He took a tissue and then started to clean his washed hands, with the food still in place enough to satisfy a four year old. The action was sudden, the beggar took the plate of soup which was nearer to him and emptied it in a nylon, I had never seen that shock in Mr. Ali face before, I wanted to laugh, but then I smiled. He stood up from his chair still shocked, the beggar didn't care, he moved for the Poundo too. The food seller wasn't surprised, she took the plates and started to wash them. I didn't know what to feel, sympathy for the beggar or Anger at Mr. Ali for not letting go. I just kept smiling, not because it was funny but because it was true that he wanted to take the food to the Farm.
Re: Beggars Are Brave Sometimes. by MzDeeb(f): 8:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hahahaha
Re: Beggars Are Brave Sometimes. by joanee20(f): 9:15am On Jul 15, 2016
Lol..funny

(1) (Reply)

Check These Out And Drop A Comment I Will Do Your Project For You On Any Text!!! / Intrigue / They Did For Us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.