Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,443 members, 7,917,362 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 01:50 AM

Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation (1834 Views)

FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale / Niger Delta Avengers Chooses Wole Soyinka As Representative In Proposed Dialogue / Niger Delta Avengers Refuse Dialogue With FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by SuperS1Panther: 11:54pm On Jul 14, 2016
The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) has given conditions for the inclusion of the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) in its negotiating team for the proposed dialogue with Federal Government towards the resolution of the latest crisis in the Niger Delta.

The conditions were announced in a statement issued by the group on Thursday. MEND, explained the statement, took the decision to have the NDA included in its peace effort after observing that the group is willing to embrace dialogue.

That willingness, said MEND, could be gleaned from an exclusive interview granted by the NDA and published by Vanguard on 11 July.

"After an in-depth study and thorough analysis of the interview, MEND is glad to note that the NDA have finally, welcomed dialogue on the Niger Delta question as the only credible and sustainable solution to the festering Niger Delta question.

"With this development, it has become more imperative for the entire Niger Delta region to unite and speak with a single voice under a single umbrella in the forthcoming dialogue on the Niger Delta question with the Government of President Muhammadu Buhari. "The single umbrella is the MEND Aaron Team 2 Peace Initiative, headed by Mr. Odein Ajumogobia ( SAN)," declared MEND.

The group added that it has received firm assurances from the Federal Government about its readiness to dialogue with the Aaron Team. This, MEND explained, has created a desire to expand the representational capacity of the Aaron Team to accommodate the (NDA). The group, however, gave terms to be met.

The first of these, said MEND, is that the NDA must publicly renounce all forms of violence through an unconditional ceasefire. "By virtue of the extant provisions of the Presidential Amnesty Proclamation of 2009, all Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) fighters and commanders who agree to ceasefire are automatically entitled to benefit from the Presidential Amnesty Programme after due diligence and documentation by the office of the National Security Adviser and the Presidential Amnesty office headed by Brigadier General Paul Boroh (rtd)," MEND stated.

Second, demanded MEND, is the NDA must publicly declare full allegiance to the country and recognise Buhari as the country's President and Commander-in- Chief. The third condition listed offers the NDA the opportunity to nominate one delegate to represent the group and articulate its demands.

In addition, MEND demanded that the NDA must make a public declaration to abide by the outcome of the proposed dialogue between the Federal Government and the Aaron Team 2 Initiative. Should the NDA agree to the terms listed and communicate its agreement within seven days from 15 July, MEND concluded, it will be regarded as a genuine partner in the Niger Delta struggle.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/14/proposed-dialogue-fg-mend-lists-conditions-niger-delta-avengers-participation
Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by RZArecta(m): 12:09am On Jul 15, 2016
smiley you people still don't get it abi ?

* who is MEND ? They're Buhari's boys right now from Gen Africa Owei who was given water ways security in Bayelsa state to Paul Eris aka Ogunboss to Boyloaf. Mr president will explain better about his habitation when he came for campaign in Bayelsa last year. This so called struggle is purely a job for the boys. I've said it severally that there's no such thing as Niger Delta avengers, nobody can point out just one credible person that was caught so far apart from secondary school students and domestic staff in Gbaramatu. The level of sophistication of the pipeline bombings gave them away coupled with the fact that military operatives couldn't engage or see them grin that's laughable considering the level of security in Niger delta waters. We know what is going on sha, NDA have achieved their set objectives and are about to be settled
Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by kayfra: 12:15am On Jul 15, 2016
Tompolo talking to Tompolo. Crazy people. Lolz grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by Nobody: 1:57am On Jul 15, 2016
Sectarian politics DON finish Nigeria
Group dis
Group DAT

Mend ,NDA both struggling to erase and show no hint of the "sabotage elements" that has been bewildering Niger deltans for ages....huh huh....we watching in camera shocked shocked
Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by SuperS1Panther: 6:53am On Jul 15, 2016
kayfra:
Tompolo talking to Tompolo. Crazy people. Lolz grin grin grin

I tire o.
Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by Almajiri1: 7:02am On Jul 15, 2016
When are commenters on nairaland going to present a united front so they can negotiate with buhari's government?

1 Like

Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by BossKratos: 7:35am On Jul 15, 2016
Almajiri1:
When are commenters on nairaland going to present a united front so they can negotiate with buhari's government?

Negotiate about what exactly?
Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by maryjan8(f): 7:36am On Jul 15, 2016
Ok
Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by Almajiri1: 7:37am On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:

Negotiate about what exactly?
Amnesty perhaps? as a divine right?
Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by Grundig: 7:41am On Jul 15, 2016
I do not trust MEND!
The NDA is the group to look out for. They are brutal and unwaivering in their utterances.

2 Likes

Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by shukuokukobambi: 7:42am On Jul 15, 2016
There's a sinister game being played by the govt and these militants or hooligans and I wonder to what end cool

Why are they doing like we don't know where all these are going? Why are they doing like 2 lovers angry with each other but still willing to continue the affair? Abeg enough of the dilly dallying. Govt should call these guys for full negotiations or unleash the dragon against them abeg angry

Whether by dialogue or violence, the country will either have a fresh start or a balkanization. Either scenario is good for all nationalities in this contraption jare. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by SaiNigeria: 7:42am On Jul 15, 2016
MEND should go to hell with their Aeron/Jabez team.
.Who cares about them??

1 Like

Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by ashjay001(m): 7:44am On Jul 15, 2016
RZArecta:

* who is MEND ? They're Buhari's boys right now from Gen Africa Owei who was given water ways security in Bayelsa state to Paul Eris aka Ogunboss to Boyloaf. Mr president will explain better about his habitation when he came for campaign in Bayelsa last year. This so called struggle is purely a job for the boys. I've said it severally that there's no such thing as Niger Delta avengers, nobody can point out just one credible person that was caught so far apart from secondary school students and domestic staff in Gbaramatu. The level of sophistication of the pipeline bombings gave them away coupled with the fact that military operatives couldn't engage or see them grin that's laughable considering the level of security in Niger delta waters. We know what is going on sha, NDA have achieved their set objectives and are about to be settled

A question- did u notice that, since those secondary school students and domestic staff where arrested, with d retrenchment in d Nigerian Army, we stopped hearing abt any team 6/1/10 carrying out bombings? The recent bombings av not been as clean-cut and daring as d previous?

1 Like

Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by BossKratos: 7:45am On Jul 15, 2016
grin
Almajiri1:
Amnesty perhaps? as a divine right?

Amnesty from political marginalisation I hope? Did you not hear that the NSA was shocked that more than 11 groups tried to meet with the NSA claiming that they wanted to negotiate on behalf of the scavengers?

All of them were led by either a governor, senator, minister, ex this or ex that! So it is only rich old men that can assist the scavengers to find their way to a round table discussion with the government? Not 1 single youth?

Dude na money for ONLY THEIR POCKETS na him all this guys dey fight for! Nothing else! Naija youths na decoration for the landscape! Seen but not heard or reckoned with!

1 Like

Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by Almajiri1: 7:51am On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:
grin

Amnesty from political marginalisation I hope? Did you not hear that the NSA was shocked that more than 11 groups tried to meet with the NSA claiming that they wanted to negotiate on behalf of the scavengers?

All of them were led by either a governor, senator, minister, ex this or ex that! So it is only rich old men that can assist the scavengers to find their way to a round table discussion with the government? Not 1 single youth?

Dude na money for ONLY THEIR POCKETS na him all this guys dey fight for! Nothing else! Naija youths na decoration for the landscape! Seen but not heard or reckoned with!
It's now a duty for every nairaland commenter to forge a united front and fight for our own amnesty package. Seun must lead us into such negotiation.

We can't be cheering other humans fighting for their pockets.
Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 15, 2016
Mends are just doing 'we follow game' game grin
Na avengers the reign now so Mends should swerve.

1 Like

Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by blackpanda: 8:19am On Jul 15, 2016
RZArecta:

U ok
Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by SuperS1Panther: 8:25am On Jul 15, 2016
NDA are Ijaws boys that Jonathan is using to commit treasonable offence against Nigeria, just because he lost an election.
Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by omenka(m): 8:41am On Jul 15, 2016
Na dem sabi. Left for me, they can bomb their region (as far as they don't include Cross River state) back to the stone age and I couldn't care less.

By the way, if my memory serves me well, I could remember some people went to town upon hearing news that BH had allegedly nominated Baba to dialogue with the then FG on their behalf screaming there was no better proof of Baba's complicity in their acts of terrorism than that nomination. Now, applying that same logic, is it then safe to say Odion Ajumogobia is a Niger Delta terrorist??

When we tell people make dem go school get small sense, dem go refuse.
Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 15, 2016
WHAT OF TOMPOLO?.......... The problem with Nigeria is Memory.... once a bigger story comes up, we tend to forget the previous..
Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:30am On Jul 15, 2016
omenka:
Na dem sabi. Left for me, they can bomb their region (as far as they don't include Cross River state) back to the stone age and I couldn't care less.

By the way, if my memory serves me well, I could remember some people went to town upon hearing news that BH had allegedly nominated Baba to dialogue with the then FG on their behalf screaming there was no better proof of Baba's complicity in their acts of terrorism than that nomination. Now, applying that same logic, is it then safe to say Odion Ajumogobia is a Niger Delta terrorist??

second name for wailers is hypocrisy. They (wailers)simply will not.

1 Like

Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by lunaticfringe: 10:36am On Jul 15, 2016
I prefer the NDA to negotiate their terms themselves... they started it so it's right to say they end it themselves... MEND cannot be trusted...
Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by Izonpikin: 10:39am On Jul 15, 2016
omenka:

the problem you have is that you keep compoaring BH and the NDA..until you grow some sense so as to better distinguish them you would keep yapping the same shitttt over and over again.... angry angry angry angry

what is BH fighting for

what is NDA fighting for...

nonsense
Re: Proposed Dialogue With FG: MEND Lists Conditions For NDA's Participation by Longman6(m): 10:57am On Jul 15, 2016
in as much as the activities of the NDA is evil,I think the government itself is insensitive.Yes they have a ministry to themselves,and they get extra funds interms of derivation,and special consideration for oil sector jobs and scholarship but why would an NNpc board be more of other regions than them.just an opinion

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Gets Knock From Deputy Governor Over Election Date Postponement / Educationally Most Advanced States (EMAS) / Guy Gets Blasted On Facebook For Mocking Picture Of President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.