Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,186 members, 7,977,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 08:55 AM

Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? (27384 Views)

Lady Loses N15,000 At An ATM Queue In Lagos / Lady Shows The N1000 Note Dispensed To Her By An ATM In Lagos / See The Torn N1000 Note I Got From An ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by uncletech(m): 9:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
The error occur at d last stage of d process and dat was from d couting dis is difficult to track but can still be reconciled error like dis will be quick fix if it is "on us transaction" meaning using ur card with ur bank machine, my advice , to reduce dis risk and for qick recovery of ur fund always try to use ur bank ATM machine close to u. Sori for dis shortage.
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by hopebacy(m): 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2016
Mine was at Eco bank atm, i used ma gtbank card to withdraw 20k but it paid me 19k. Even wen i counted d cash in their presence they couldn't do anyting abt it, i felt lyk burning down d place. Its lyk a new means, banks r usin 2mak fast cash.
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by xpertise: 10:02pm On Jul 17, 2016
Like how long will it take to get it sorted?

Ruemufaith:
I've not experienced it. But it's possible for an ATM to short pay you (dispense error). The best thing to do is to complain to your bank, though it takes some time before the money is reversed to your acct esp if it was from a different bank's ATM
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by lonelydora: 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2016
Harvard13:

nd if u count money from ATM pple go dey look u like bush pikin. me go just jejely go one coner go count ohh

Which corner? I will step aside but close to the ATM and count it so that the camera will capture me counting it.
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
mu2sa2:
You must first discount that the seller did not use "sleight of hand". Personally I have never heard of anyone under/overpaid by atm. But i know of a person who found a fake 1k in the money dispensed by atm.
Please don't say what you don't know. I was under paid by Zenith Bank at ziks Avenue Enugu ATM machine. I complained and was told to write a formal letter to the branch manager which I did immediately but till today, they have not refunded my money. I quickly withdrawal all my money in that bank
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Skolan: 10:56pm On Jul 17, 2016
Dude i share your pain.. You know the most annoying part it all is that nobody will believe you.. Last year an Access bank ATM in PZ zaria, just outside the bank underpaid me. I was 1k short, and when i complained to the security he just laughed at me, i got so irritated that i went to see the BM..i complained, nd he said it was partial payment, that i was the third person to have complained in 3yrs....that they were going to balance the machine at the end of the day and that if they find it, they were going to refund......
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by SKAMOD(m): 11:21pm On Jul 17, 2016
lonelydora:
Happened to me at UBA ATM inside Ariaria market in 2012. Withdrew 20k thrice and got 57k total instead of 60k.

I always have this feeling that anything in Aba is all about wayo. Something in me told me to count the money before leaving the ATM, so I did. Went straight inside the bank to lay complain, they never knew I understand Igbo language. One of the CCR was telling her colleague that I was the 9th person that is complaining that day, that she can't really understand why the machine is shorting cash by 1k.

Mehn, they didn't even ask me to fill any form, they pointed one man behind the counter to me that I should go and meet him. Immediately I told the man what happened, he just dipped hand inside his drawer and gave me 3k without any filling of form. Since that day, whenever I withdraw from any ATM that's not my bank, I always count the money even till date. I no wan hear story for this kind hard time.

i hate illeterates like u to degrade ABA... I grew up in Aba... And reps it Ther is no Wayo unless u fooled ur dumb ass.. Aba Got Brains than any Of Ur City
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Debbime(f): 11:38pm On Jul 17, 2016
The issue with that am sure is from the cassette configuration.

you should have complained and gotten your money back

Peachlane:
It happens. I have been a victim was debited 12000 but was paid 6000. Ecobank ATM
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by omega2128(m): 11:58pm On Jul 17, 2016
well, in my own case, i got one 500naira note in the midst of 1000naira dispensed by stanbic atm
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by ZiggyMr(m): 12:04am On Jul 18, 2016
talktrue1:

I was there just for a wedding on saturday and am back to Abuja. Maybe I will send email to both banks on Monday.
Meaning you should forget the 3k, Cos ur presence is essentially no mail can express what really happened.
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by lonelydora: 12:06am On Jul 18, 2016
SKAMOD:

i hate illeterates like u to degrade ABA... I grew up in Aba... And reps it Ther is no Wayo unless u fooled ur dumb ass.. Aba Got Brains than any Of Ur City

Mind u I'm Igbo. Having a mindset doesn't mean it happens, you dick head
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Sharon6(f): 2:37am On Jul 18, 2016
It happened to me once. I was paid 19K instead of 20k. It was on a weekend, I went to the bank during the week and was told different kinds of stories and that's it's not possible blah blah blah.
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 18, 2016
talktrue1:

No, I was with him as he was counting the money.
I was surprised because I have never experienced that or heard of it

You can be with him wit Hundred of Eyes. The truth is dat, #The_more u Look, the less u see.
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 18, 2016
dollaflow:
Have experienced plss take ur cash without money dispensing b4

I don laff tire.... Dat is what d Yorubas call ''Oju kokoro''
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by AdaAnambra: 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2016
goodforsomthing:

Don't send any mail to anybody, just go to the bank and complain. Be careful of 419,Naijabet man say so
see this one, email address that is on their web site.
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Rhayour: 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2016
banmee:

Nigerians and English are like oil and water. OP, "payed" abi "paid". Which kain tin be dis na?

As in....
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by incomeboostng: 5:18am On Oct 03, 2018
never

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cost Of Living In Lagos, Nigeria / CBN Confirms N410.25/$ As New Official Exchange Rate / Nigeria Home To 9,100 Dollar-Millionaires, Worth $207 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.