Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,415 members, 7,964,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 06:24 PM

Nairaland In The Last 11yrs: Share How This Forum Has Impacted You In Anyway. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nairaland In The Last 11yrs: Share How This Forum Has Impacted You In Anyway. (577 Views)

Joke Silva And Olu Jacobs Impacted My Life In Many Ways – Helen Paul / Media Personality, Ik Osakioduwa Share How He Narrowly Escaped Terrible Accident / Nigerian Musicians That Has Impacted More To Their Community With Their Stardom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland In The Last 11yrs: Share How This Forum Has Impacted You In Anyway. by micronut(m): 1:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
Nairaland is an online community forum created by Seun Osewa and launched on the 10th of March 2005. It is targeted at Nigerians.
-

Nairaland currently has over 1,400,000 registered accounts (August 2015), and is ranked as the 7th most visited site in Nigeria (and the most visited indigenous site) according to Alexa.com.

Nairaland reportedly has over 55 million Internet users, corresponding to 32.9% of the entire population. With Nairaland having a considerable but unconfirmed number of users based in diaspora, this statistic suggests that a maximum 3% of Nigerian Internet users are registered on Nairaland compared to Facebook's 11 million Nigerian users which corresponds to approximately 20% of the Internet population.
-
Nairaland, however, does have a considerable number of unregistered users, as registration is only necessary for posting.
-
Now, personally I joined this forum in 2010 with a long gone account that I couldn't remember the password again, and ever since, i have gained so much here and would everly be indebted to Oga Seun for this laudable initiative. No doubt Nairaland is Naija No 1 News source even before it gets to any news' desk, here you get first hand information more than anywhere in Nigeria.
-
Here are few ways with which this forum has impacted me;

1. I used to win a lot of social argument bothering on politics, Celebrities gist, Career, Education and Current Affairs courtesy of what i read here on Nairaland. Once i read a thing, i would go and boast about it to my friends grin and as such, i became information source for almost anything till today. From Job posts to admission forms to events.
-
2. As a result of (1) above, I earned so much respect from friends who ordinarily think I'm intelligent or I read a lot of books, not knowing Nairaland is my secret. grin
-
3. I met a lot of lifetime worthy friends here who I wouldn't want to leave for anything.
-
4. I catch a lot of funs here, laugh heavily when I'm stressed up and usually make nairaland my last reading dinner before I sleep off.

What I think about Nairaland:

I think Nairaland is a great place every socially conscious Nigerians should be, it's sweet to be here like you are on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the rest of other social networks.

Here I had met great and funny people like, Oga Jarus, Crazyman, Truckpusher, xfire, safarigirl, ogbeje77, OMA4J, Onila(f), FirstEva(f), freecocoa(f) rokiatu(f) who are nairaland's grandfather and grandmothers long before the likes of even moderators like lalasticlala, Mynd44, and showbiz dudes like naijaboy, cutehetor, Ladyf, Aminat08 and the now runaway perpetual first-to-comment FTC girl "INTROVERT" came to steal the show until it lasted.
-
Bad sides of Nairaland:

I think Nairaland influences one consciously or Unconsciously to start acting-up about things like tribal misdemeanor, religion clashes, unguided statements and abusive words. The Name Checkers Association cum tribal warlords have no doubt, done more evil and had made a lot of people loose so much interest to be coming here again.

Suggestions:

I wish Oga Seun could urgently address the issues raised above as badsides because its affecting the reputation of the forum, even though I believe the recent upsurge in tribal attacks is an offshoot of how bad the country is, many of the perpetual bashing guys are jobless graduates ranting out of frustration. Being busy on internet 247 can highly be linked to an idle hand more than a place to catch fun.

So, I still think, the tribalism and religion bashing of a thing would still be reduced, when people get busy with life, as a result of a working Nigeria. Also we need more of Inspirational, educative, career and development post on front page with less of celebrities shows.

Finally, I must say i miss pranks and jokes from people like friedplantain, Classcaptain and lasisi9 who would always says everything is "Endtime" grin. And more than anyone, i miss a Man called "Ajanlenkoko" who like Oga Jarus has comtributed in many positive and unquanifiable ways to the reservoir of knowledge, as they deserve a Nairaland meritorious Online Award if there is anything every like that. Indeed, here is a community to be. We need love.
-
What do you think about Nairaland, in all honesty? How has this forum helped you? Share your Experience too.

Thank God it's Friday
One Love Nigerians.
Micronut

cc: Seun, lalasticlala, ijebabe, Fynestboi, MissyB3
Mynd44, Ishlove, Jarus, 9jacrip, LadyF, Ogbeje77, Aminat08, Kachisbarbie, wristbangle, Omotayor123, Truckpusher, naijaboiy, tosyne2much and ronald4lif

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland In The Last 11yrs: Share How This Forum Has Impacted You In Anyway. by Raydos: 1:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: Nairaland In The Last 11yrs: Share How This Forum Has Impacted You In Anyway. by hamzakito(m): 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: Nairaland In The Last 11yrs: Share How This Forum Has Impacted You In Anyway. by Sugarcious(m): 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2016
Raydos:
that is what he is talking about. Space bookers like u will only ruin this forum.
Re: Nairaland In The Last 11yrs: Share How This Forum Has Impacted You In Anyway. by Amberon11: 2:57pm On Jul 16, 2016
O
Re: Nairaland In The Last 11yrs: Share How This Forum Has Impacted You In Anyway. by Kustin(m): 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2016
this raydos........he is always booking space evrytym.....even in thread that does make sense.............c'mon try to contribute and stop booking space here and there
Re: Nairaland In The Last 11yrs: Share How This Forum Has Impacted You In Anyway. by ammy4goodies(f): 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
okay
Re: Nairaland In The Last 11yrs: Share How This Forum Has Impacted You In Anyway. by Raydos: 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2016
Kustin:
this raydos........he is always booking space evrytym.....even in thread that does make sense.............c'mon try to contribute and stop booking space here and there

undecided

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Silence Means He Approves Of Religious Murders – Regina Askia / Don Jazzy Finally Said This After Skales And Wizkid Comeback.do You Agree? / Basketmouth Celebrates Daughter As Today Is Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.