Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,209 members, 7,873,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:19 PM

How Can I Help - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Help (3790 Views)

My Younger Brother Is A Nightmare -- How Can I Help Him? / How Far Can I Help My Now Married Ex-girlfriend Financially? / How Can I Help Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Help by Noneroone(m): 8:37am On Jul 20, 2016
When op decided to visit the man people were cheering her.

She was like...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help by Noneroone(m): 8:40am On Jul 20, 2016
In the man's house, this happened...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help by Noneroone(m): 8:46am On Jul 20, 2016
She left and the man followed her like this...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help by Noneroone(m): 8:48am On Jul 20, 2016
When she reached home she became like this...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help by Noneroone(m): 8:50am On Jul 20, 2016
She then learnt a very important lesson- minding one's own businness is a virtue.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help by An0nimus: 12:01pm On Jul 20, 2016
Noneroone:
When op decided to visit the man people were cheering her.

She was like...

hope all is well?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help by Noneroone(m): 12:07pm On Jul 20, 2016
An0nimus:

hope all is well?
is that a question or a statement?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help by Armaggedon: 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2016
Noneroone:
She left and the man followed her like this...
hahahaha
Re: How Can I Help by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2016
Nyceguy92:

I understand the fear for your safety.
But you are not an enemy so I seriously believe you won't be harmed.

However, you can take a friend with you.
The result of your visit to the father will give you far more insight into this case and how best to handle it.

By the way, it was very callus of the school authority not to take serious interest in this matter.
They are only after his money, which is not good.

Please follow this matter to its logical conclusion.
If you would provide your phone number, I could send you air time for the call to the mom.
I know you can afford it but that's to show how concerned I am.
May God bless your efforts.

I don't think compromising her own safety is the best way to go . . .

@ Adaobi12

Please under no circumstance should you go to their house and face the man alone. Bring this issue to the attention of the school authority and then follow up from there and NEVER investigate alone.

If you really want to help, keep the boy closer to you and feed him when you can.

Also, let his mother know what is going on.

Well done!
Re: How Can I Help by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 20, 2016
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
I sent for the father on monday( i gave the son a note to give to him)
on tuesday, their father's sister came instead.
i actually thought it was their mother, she told me that the brother was too busy to come. So i started by telling her how the boy sleeps in class, neglects his homework, his tattered look and not coming to school with snacks.
She opened and told me that the problem is that the brother won't let anyone near his kids. That she has come many times to takr the kids to leave with her but he won't let her.
I asked about the brother's wife, she said she will rather not talk about her.
I explained to her that the brother is really doing a bad job in taking care of the boys, the dangers of leaving them all alone at night, starving them etc. She said she knows, infact their parents knows and has called the man many times to either advise him or better still let the children come leave with them.
She then assured me that she will do everything within her power to address the issue. Infact she will take the kids with her back to Enugu after our exams today, whether the brother likes it or not.
She appreciated my concern and left.

So, my prayer is, let her keep to her word about addressing the issue.

I still collected their mum's contact, who knows i might still need it.
Though i won't be seeing the boys again till next term.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Help by thorpido(m): 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2016
Adaobi12:
i actually thought it was their mother, she told me that the brother was too busy to come. So i started by telling her how the boy sleeps in class, neglects his homework, his tattered look and not coming to school with snacks.
She opened and told me that the problem is that the brother won't let anyone near his kids. That she has come many times to takr the kids to leave with her but he won't let her.
I explained to her that the brother is really doing a bad job in taking care of the boys, the dangers of leaving them all alone at night, starving them etc. She said she knows, infact their parents knows and has called the man many times to either advise him or better still let the children come leave with them.
She then assured me that she will do everything within her power to address the issue. Infact she will take the kids with her back to Enugu after our exams today, whether the brother likes it or not.

Let's see if the sister keeps her promise and does something positive.If the kids come back next term with no change,you will have to invite social workers to get on his case.
Re: How Can I Help by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
thorpido:
Let's see if the sister keeps her promise and does something positive.If the kids come back next term with no change,you will have to invite social workers to get on his case.
Ok. thanks alot.
Re: How Can I Help by dahmie2013: 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2016
Adaobi12:

Wow! Sounds hopeful. Let's keep our fingers cross.
Re: How Can I Help by An0nimus: 11:37pm On Jul 20, 2016
Noneroone:
is that a question or a statement?

it has a question mark so it's a question.
Re: How Can I Help by Nyceguy92: 12:13am On Jul 21, 2016
Ujoan:

I don't think compromising her own safety is the best way to go . . .

@ Adaobi12

Please under no circumstance should you go to their house and face the man alone. Bring this issue to the attention of the school authority and then follow up from there and NEVER investigate alone.

If you really want to help, keep the boy closer to you and feed him when you can.

Also, let his mother know what is going on.

Well done!

Many useful suggestions have been made.
Whichever is chosen, majority opinion is that the boy's family should be approached with what the teacher discovered.
I pray she succeeds.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Attend Her Wedding??? / Photo Of Baby Born In 'prayerful Mood' Goes Viral / How One Small Girl Take Play Me Yesterday Afternoon

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.