Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,400 members, 7,971,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 10:10 AM

Some Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us......lol - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us......lol (578 Views)

Lines Playboys Use To Have Sex With Innocent Ladies / Some Lies Guys Normally Used To Lure Ladies To The Bed / 10 Hilarious Cliches Nigerian Men Often Use To Woo A Lady- By Tosyne2much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us......lol by Fmartin(m): 10:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
Here are 5 major stories (lies, all lies!!) our parents used to keep us in line back then:

1. Ojuju Calabar

I don’t know if Ojuju Calabar is the Nigerian version of the Boogey man. Or maybe it’s a masquerade. All I know is that in my house:
Ojuju Calabar will come and get any disobedient and errant child.
Funny how we were all scared of Ojuju Calabar but have never seen one. Even today!

2. Fruit seeds growing out of in your stomach. grin

Every Nigerian child has heard a version of this one. Ever had your parents tell you that if you swallowed a seed (say orange seed) that an orange tree will grow out of your head after a week?
Many Naija kids didn’t sleep because we were too worried about becoming a walking and talking orange tree.

3. The fish and drinking water story cheesy

This story was specifically invented for those children who won’t eat their food but will eat the fish on top and drink lots of water.

4. Coconut water and dullards

I’m sure the reason why many of us stayed away from coconut and it’s water was because our parents told us that coconut water makes children dull.

5. Sticky Gum in Stomachs grin

Remember when your parents told you that if you swallowed gum, it would stick in your stomach and cause problems? Yeah, we were all told that too.

:DWhat other stories did your parents tell to keep you in line?
Re: Some Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us......lol by falconey(m): 10:28pm On Jul 16, 2016
grin
Re: Some Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us......lol by maeximilano(m): 10:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
Thunder and lightening... Making funny sounds with your mouth to stop it from firing you, chaiii
Re: Some Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us......lol by AfricanApple(f): 10:30pm On Jul 16, 2016
sometimes were not told to us by our parent... sometimes from 'mummy said...'
Re: Some Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us......lol by Princetee05(m): 10:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
i was told that blowing whistle in the afternoon will attract snakes
Re: Some Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us......lol by DR1SKLEF(m): 10:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
[size=40] LOL. Those are only but a few of the crazy lies and superstition most parents say to their children, perhaps to scare them. cheesy

One of those lies is this one they say about someone having a sore throat when one spits on the floor and someone else steps on it.

It used to creep me out especially those day when i get caught seeing or making out with a friend of the opposite sex. They would tell us never to get any close to a female else she'd become pregnant. grin

Damn! I wish i knew it was all a lie! sad cheesy[/size]
Re: Some Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us......lol by vicstar(m): 10:48pm On Jul 16, 2016
• • • • • That font above me thou undecided ...
Anyway, I remember back den dey used to tell us dat if yo milk teeth falls off, u must bury it or throw it on the roof, for it to grow back, failure to do so it won't grow again grin I found it scary back den cry

Lalasticlacla come share yours cool
Re: Some Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us......lol by Emodeee: 10:49pm On Jul 16, 2016
They used to tell us that making good grades is the ticket to success in life.
Re: Some Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us......lol by acenazt: 10:50pm On Jul 16, 2016
Wen u mistakenly swallow orange seed. U go feel like pesin wey don see death
Cos ur mama don tell u say if u swallow orange seed e go grow for your head..

(1) (Reply)

Photos: See What A ‘pastor’ Wore In A Yoruba Movie / The Reason I Wan Commit Sucide / Which Of These Books Will You Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.