Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,040 members, 7,896,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 12:26 PM

Pls Help: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls Help: (1510 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help: by timicay(m): 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2006
I am in a fixed, my parents are about to disown me for marrying a woman i have being dating for the past 10 years, she has a child for me already but they dont care, they said she is arrogant, i am to be disown, what can i do,
Re: Pls Help: by manakins: 4:18pm On Dec 04, 2006
Well i do not think you are man enough.
I hope you can and should be able to do
what will make ur child proud of u AND also
make u a Father that u are supposed to be.
HOLD UR SIDE. angry angry angry
Re: Pls Help: by New(m): 4:30pm On Dec 04, 2006
Your parents have lived their lives. Live yours and give your kid a good start in life. Also try to make them understand that she is the one you love and want to be with.
Re: Pls Help: by mabelly: 4:50pm On Dec 04, 2006
Ok one question for u; r u still living with ya parent?
Re: Pls Help: by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2006
@ timicay just try and be carefull : Pray more than anything this day's and also try talk with your parents.

@ Wole don't you know what it feels to be disowned by parents ? I mean the one that gave birth to you . Timicay i know what you're feeling right now just be carefull in making a decision cause whatever you do now might make you regret all through your life i pray that don't happen.
Re: Pls Help: by Busta(f): 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2006
timicay:

I am in a fixed, my parents are about to disown me for marrying a woman i have being dating for the past 10 years, she has a child for me already but they don't care, they said she is arrogant, i am to be disown, what can i do,
is she really arrogant? from ur opinion?

maybe they just want the best for u. have u tried to make them see reasons and that u love dis woman?
Re: Pls Help: by harvey(m): 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2006
u know what u want u are a father.only if ur parents still provide for ur needs then there is a problem but if not.live ur life.
Re: Pls Help: by babyboy2(m): 11:17pm On Dec 04, 2006
timicay:

I am in a fixed, my parents are about to disown me for marrying a woman i have being dating for the past 10 years, she has a child for me already but they don't care, they said she is arrogant, i am to be disown, what can i do,
how old are you?what did your wife do to make your parents dislike her that much? what was your relationship like with your parents befoe this?questions questions questions.if you do not want to answer it in nairaland,at least answer it to yourself.There,my friend lies your redemption.goodluck
Re: Pls Help: by timicay(m): 11:09am On Dec 05, 2006
with respect to some of ur replies, i am grateful for ur piece of advice, to make things more clearer, i have being dating this girl since 1995 and this girl and my sister have a misunderstanding while they were both in secondary school, my mother said she lacks respect, all this happens 9 years ago, they never want to reason with me that she is a different girl now, non of my family has set eye on my daughter, i believe the child is not welcome to the family, and i am disown already, i am a graduate, i dont live with them anymore,
i wish i dont regret if i go ahead and marry this girl, i love her and i want the best for my child, but i love my parents too, i am in a fixed,
Re: Pls Help: by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2006
undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Pls Help: by desiree(f): 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2006
You become a man the day you stop letting your parents dictate your life style choice for you.
Re: Pls Help: by fellow(m): 9:49am On Dec 09, 2006
Its always simply annoying when people who are supposed to guide you decide to take law into theirs hand and interfere with your lives.
I think its high time you get them to realize that its all about your life and not their life. If they don't wish you well, then the better it is to leave them and go ahead with your life,
Its not easy to get disowned by your own parents but then there are peeps in this world who don't have one.
And by the way where do they expect you to put the child? abandon her/him?
Like some have said YOU ARE A FATHER ALSO and your best interest on which ever option you get to choose is to protect your child cause providence would hold you for it.

I don speak my mind and i go still speak more
Re: Pls Help: by Kashif(m): 11:24am On Dec 09, 2006
The bitter truth is that somebody in love does not seem to view his/her relationship situations objectively. If everybody else say something is bad, there is every possibility that it has some bad traits.

We don't know the nature of her misunderstanding with your family (or sister) but it is possible she had caused them tremendous psychological trauma which either she has not fully repented from, or you have not been able to convince them otherwise. What do your close/good friends say about her?

Yes, marriage has to do with mature mind and mature pocket but if all a man has is money, he has nothing. You just mentioned that you are a graduate but did not state if you are financially independent. If your parents are paying your bills then, you have to mend the fence as quickly as possible. Even if you are on your own, try as much as possible to integrate your wife into you big family. "Praise the Lord" is always easier that "Holy Ghost Fire!!"

Don't easily succumb to the idea of backing out completely on your family because of your wife. Marriage should be blissful; we don't know tomorrow.

Remain Blessed smiley smiley
Re: Pls Help: by amodu(m): 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2006
How can you leave those that give brth to you just because of a woman.

what you should is to be prayerful, there is nothing too hard for God to do. You should also try to make them reason with you, she already the mother of your child.

Don't allow them to disown you.
Re: Pls Help: by Bolarge(m): 11:24am On Feb 23, 2007
If u cared so much 'bout what your parents think of your wife why did u go ahead n' marry her without their consent in d first place?
Since u stuck out their reservations 'bout her all through d 10yrs of dating why is it so difficult now? Because of a threat?
C'mon man,u're better dn this.
U sound like u do not see anything wrong in your woman n' dt's what matters.
My friend: A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.It's your life now so u go ahead n' live it.
Leaving her will be the most spineless thing u can do right now. I don't blame your parents,they want d best 4u but at ds stage u should(emphasis on d word should) be in a better position to know what's best for u(unless d woman don jazz u grin).
  Be a man and stand up for your woman and child.

NB:Real parents never ever disown their children.They can only threaten to so as to force their will on them.
Re: Pls Help: by nduleme(m): 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2007
Marriage is a sacred institution and you should respect it. Since you have decided to marry this lady am assuming you love her enough to make her your wife.

Your parents are human and they are liable to mistakes in judgment. Now they say your wife is arrogant, its your duty to remind them she is your wife and not their child, and thus not their responsibilty. I wonder how they would feel if their daughter is being driven from her marital home by her parents-in-law.sad

You have to make your parents see that you are married, and she is your choice. You owe this to your wife and child, to the stability of your young family and to your future.

If them bone, then make you too bone them, after a while una go return back to the negotiation table. In a few years or less it will be over.

My last on this issue is that she should apologize for any wrongs she may have done to your parents (real or imaginary) and beg for their forgiveness. This way they may never truly forgive her, they will certainly not forget, but they will learn to tolerate her and thats a start.

Nduleme has spoken
Re: Pls Help: by Bolarge(m): 1:13pm On Feb 27, 2007
nduleme:

My last on this issue is that she should apologize for any wrongs she may have done to your parents (real or imaginary) and beg for their forgiveness. This way they may never truly forgive her, they will certainly not forget, but they will learn to tolerate her and thats a start.
True yarns.Couldn't agree more.
Re: Pls Help: by whiteNkem(f): 1:52pm On Feb 27, 2007
As i understood so far the issue is not that u have been disowned but the trouble in ur family. You already have a family of your own with this woman and def u shouldn't have second thoughts about marrying her. After all, your parents are mature enough to take care of themselves but your baby girl isn't and that's why she needs a strong family to grow up in a healthy environment.
Try to visit ur parents with the baby. You will see everything will change. I think that is also why they refused to see her. Cuz they realize she's just an innocent baby, who bears their blood, name, flesh, and usually grandparents can't resist to the grandchildren so that might be the key. But always be humble in front of them and u make the first step in reconciliation.

(1) (Reply)

My Girl Is Cheatin Me But Still I Found Myself Loving Her More & More Every Day / She wants to get pregnant 4 me / Can I Date My Friend Ex-girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.