Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,890 members, 7,912,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 08:40 AM

Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police (4761 Views)

Journalists Waiting For Diezani In Front Of UK Police Station (Photos) / Corruption: UK Police Arrive Nigeria Over Prosecution Of Ex Govs / Court ruling: Erastus Akingbola’s Properties in Cayman Islands to be sold off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by Nezan(m): 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2009
The thief think say im wise . . . . . ole!!
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by juyajemi: 3:36pm On Sep 14, 2009
Mr AKingbola, please come home and truly defend your good name and self. believe me Sir, i dont care what everyone thinks of you.
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by Utaroz(m): 3:49pm On Sep 14, 2009
Forgive me if i missed something here, I didnt read the entire post but, Was he ever "wanted" by the UK police wink
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by DISTINCT89(m): 4:12pm On Sep 14, 2009
Hi my Fellows Nigerians, on my reasonable aspect I will be happy if this man canprove his Innocence. He should try to convince we Nigerian that he has done the allegation they ve quote him for. I feel sorry 4 Akingbola cos he realy tried to put Intercontinental into Advanced Banking sector in the Globe. If he has done what he is quoted for that means there is no one above the law i.e he must be punished, the punishment should not be vital but should some how be softly
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by haboosa(m): 4:16pm On Sep 14, 2009
The case of Oceanic bank was laughable, oceanic was so badly mismanaged that even a NANNY was able obtain a N16B loan. Now tell me what a Nanny need that much money for? to open a Nanny industries?

hmm finecat,i think it's now a high time we re-educate Nigerians ,some of us do not even know our right and when we find an advocate fighting for us we will say the person his bias or his own is too much,let us not hide in the name of ethnic or religious critism and allow our economic to down nozzled,WE NEED CHANGE!!!,let them go(the bad bank executive) and allow new people with enough vasatility in handling a swindling situation of our banking system such as SANUSI comes in. WE NEED A CHANGE. God Bless Nigeria
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by MrCrackles(m): 4:27pm On Sep 14, 2009
Erastus go home. . . . grin
Nigeria needs you!
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by Oluschenco(m): 4:33pm On Sep 14, 2009
it is none of my business, i never chop out of his money.
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by sherrylo: 4:35pm On Sep 14, 2009
To me Sanusi has the power to indict bank chiefs not politicians,abi politicians dey under CBN?
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by lawrence83: 5:07pm On Sep 14, 2009
erastus! smart guy

na nigerian police de look for u, not british police

and dont tell us ure bin lead by the holy spirit.
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by constantk: 5:21pm On Sep 14, 2009
Guys, it doesn't matter what you think, i can see that your mind has been conditioned by both Sanusi and Madam Waziri to think and believe that they are doing the right thing. I am not in support of financial or economic crime in any form but there are appropriate sanctions for the various offences as enumerated in BOFIA, which precludes the CBN and its Governor to solely remove the Bank Executive without recourse.

I stand bold to say that the action of the CBN governor is wrong and unconstitutional, let us ask for the report ofo the other banks , CBN should publish all and stop tellling us that others are okay. In this country we are used to selective persecution and this is happening to Ibru, Erastus and others. Please tell Mr Sanusi to publish First bank's position and let the public be the judge. The acrimony between Erastus and Sanusi is not new and it is not professional if this is allowed to degenerate into victimization.

Why shld EFCC arrest and do all sort to this people who have the capacity to recover the loan and the likes of IBORI are walking the street as free men. Look into this critically and you will realize that the five banks were targetted to shift our attention away from others, God will judge.

the five banks have done bad by granting facilities without adequate collateral but the banks are into the business of lending out their cash at an intererst which is not criminal as these people are making us believe. note that YarAdua, Ibori and others are also beneficiaries of these loans using their cronies. Sanusi does not have a right to sell the banks as it is owned by private shareholders and not a government establishment.

The future will tell lets keep our fingers cross as another Government will reverse all these draconian and antidemocratic action of CBN

EFCC shld go after IBORI, OBJ, PETER ODILI, TINUBU, ATTAH, SENATORS & REPS

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by okuyelu: 5:40pm On Sep 14, 2009
I dont blame the man, we are in a country where things don't work and no body cares. We are too myopic and believe everything the Government says. For God's sake, when are we going to learn? no one is saying the MDs' are guilty or innocent but there is a process, lets be patient and do things the way its meant to be done.
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by lanredew: 5:46pm On Sep 14, 2009
Sanusi has a gameplan which is suspicious.

I CANNOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE!!!
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by emmydee(m): 6:22pm On Sep 14, 2009
bingo, why is he running nau? come home!
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by victor08(m): 8:01pm On Sep 14, 2009
i think the purpose of Sanusi using the EFCC to arrest this Bank CEO,Is for them not to have the opportunity to defend themselves, if he personally has a grudge against this people,then he is not professional. If he is honest and wants to sanitize the banks and save customers money, then he should follow due process.i think the sack from their Jobs is a big loss,and treating them like condemed criminals when they have not been tried by the court is not acceptable.
SANUSI AND EFCC SHOULD GIVE THIS PEOPLE THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXPLAIN THEMSELVES.it could be anybody tomorrow.
as for Akingbola i will advice him to stay away from Nigeria for now and continue to play them the man they can arrest until they decide to do things the way it should be.
THE INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEE AND INVESTORS ARE WATCHING.LETS STOP FOOLING OURSELVES.
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by malali: 8:18pm On Sep 14, 2009
nigerians let your conscience judge you,what kind of nigeria do you want to leave behind for you children and grandchildren
some of you are taking sides with Erastus "bolt' akingbola God will judge you,some of you guys are comparing apple and oranges
some people are trying to bring more confusion to the forum,some people are bringing more evidence than erastus has
if erastus has all this evidence why did he run, i can tell you they wont kill him,EFCC hasn't killed anybody! Sanusi hasn't
killed anybody,why did he run to UK, is he the queens child?, if i was EFCC I would extradite him back to nigeria, everyman
should be accountable to his action,
one dim wit was talking what about Ibori,attah,tinubu, dont worry their own nemesis will come but for now erastus do the honorable stuff
get on your private jet tell ur private pilot to take you to muritala call madam waziri and turn yourself in, then when you present your evidence
even nairalanders will support you, if you cant do that you have lost all credibility from people like me !!!
"there is honor among thieves"
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by MrCrackles(m): 8:20pm On Sep 14, 2009
Utaroz:

Forgive me if i missed something here, I didnt read the entire post but, Was he ever "wanted" by the UK police wink
I wonder oo. . . . grin
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by McDoe(m): 8:29pm On Sep 14, 2009
Now I know that most posters are uninformed. How can you hear only a side of story and make your conclusions. This attituide of "pull him down" will not help us. I have not met Dr. Akingbola before but know of people who have been working in his organization. Here is one man who has refused to introduce modern slavery otherwise know as 'casualization' in his company. He has equipped his workforce to an extent that when you are known as a worker in his bank,you are considered comfortable at least. Through CSR, he has affected, the education sector, the environment, commerce and many more areas in the life of this nation and her citizens. What about those in power who contibutes nothing but keep looting. For goodness sake, these guys need fair hearing before we kill them with our distasteful comments/posts. Nigerians, please be wise and base your comments on convictions and not hearsay
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by malali: 9:18pm On Sep 14, 2009
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police
« #48 on: Today at 08:29:53 PM »
Now I know that most posters are uninformed. How can you hear only a side of story and make your conclusions. This attituide of "pull him down" will not help us. I have not met Dr. Akingbola before but know of people who have been working in his organization. Here is one man who has refused to introduce modern slavery otherwise know as 'casualization' in his company. He has equipped his workforce to an extent that when you are known as a worker in his bank,you are considered comfortable at least. Through CSR, he has affected, the education sector, the environment, commerce and many more areas in the life of this nation and her citizens. What about those in power who contibutes nothing but keep looting. For goodness sake, these guys need fair hearing before we kill them with our distasteful comments/posts. Nigerians, please be wise and base your comments on convictions and not hearsay

@mcdoe
bernard madoff was also loved by his staff and cohort
pablo escobar was loved by his staff and cohort
abacha was loved by his staff and cohort
enron management were loved
, its easier to perpetrate an act with love grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by saworoide: 10:03pm On Sep 14, 2009
sealworld:

Sanusi and EFCC have hidden agenda by not allowing the Bank chiefs to defend themselves----------Why have EFCC not arrest and detain greedy politicians that have looted our fund?

The EFCC have not sentenced any of the banks' executive to jail or death, rather they are charging them to court so could defend themselves. How else do you want the EFCC to "allow them to defend themselves"? Akingbola should come home to come and defend himself. Our big men are funny, when Alamieyewhatever was wanted in UK he ran to Nigeria, Akingbola is wanted in Nigeria, he declared himself in the UK ah ah aha

On another note, Sanusi said in a forum that he was aware that those MD were already making moves to get court injunction against the CBN's use of the report that indicted them and that was why he acted fast. We can't afford a situation where all criminals will run to court ( a la Odili) to get perpetual injunctions not to be investigated. He was their colleague, he knew the state of health of most of the banks.

Soludo did a good job in the consolidation era, but he lost that steel of a regulator when he started dreaming of becoming his state governor. Imagine how much all these banks would have donated to Soludo campaign if Sanusi allows the madness to continue, and come to think of these donations would have been from the shareholders sweat, My sweat and your sweat.

If Sanusi is pursuing an hidden agenda, time will tell. I will prefer that people dig deep into his career to uncover his financial misdeeds rather than focus on his ethnic and religious beliefs. Akingbola is an ordained pastor in the RCCG and nobody ever thought that makes him less of a banker.
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by McKren(m): 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2009
Some people talk about the law without having a clue

please what section of the constitution gives EFCC the power to incacerate people for 2 weeks without charging them to court?

On the evidence of the 4 Bank MDs, Akingbola is justified to claim he does not believe he will get fair treatment from the EFCC and will not answer their call.

You cant remove people from office without due process, incacerate them without due process, because they gave out loans without due process.

The EFCC and CBN are as guilty as the Banks.

I thought this was the Reason Farida claims she is different from Ribadu? Or her idea of due process works when treating Governors who stole from our common treasury but not when it involves people who gave out loans?
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by bidemi12(m): 12:23am On Sep 15, 2009
HABA NAIJAMARK take am easy na. no be fight. Time will tell if he innocent or guilty. But considering the fact that he is wanted and in England it will be hard to prove either until he buys plane ticket and goes back home. What is so important in England that he cannot report himself to his accusers back home. He should know that by virtue of his position in society and the banking sector, there is nothing more important than clearing his name.
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by toboy: 7:22am On Sep 15, 2009
crysome pple ar jst decieving themselves."sanusi write up" sanusi write up".so u pple are nt seeing his bad actions. but write ups.sanusi God'll jst overturn ur plan.u shall suffer for all this ur tribalism havoc.all my shares haba!!.all these people wo are supotin him may god forgive u for u do nt kno wat u do.
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by toboy: 7:23am On Sep 15, 2009
crysome pple ar jst decieving themselves."sanusi write up" sanusi write up".so u pple are nt seeing his bad actions. but write ups.sanusi God'll jst overturn ur plan.u shall suffer for all this ur tribalism havoc.all my shares haba!!.all these people wo are supotin him may god forgive u for u do nt kno wat u do.
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by vanesa(m): 9:45am On Sep 15, 2009
@malali
nigerians let your conscience judge you,what kind of nigeria do you want to leave behind for you children and grandchildren
some of you are taking sides with Erastus "bolt' akingbola God will judge you,some of you guys are comparing apple and oranges
some people are trying to bring more confusion to the forum,some people are bringing more evidence than erastus has
if erastus has all this evidence why did he run, i can tell you they wont kill him,EFCC hasn't killed anybody! Sanusi hasn't
killed anybody,why did he run to UK, is he the queens child?, if i was EFCC I would extradite him back to nigeria, everyman
should be accountable to his action,
one dim wit was talking what about Ibori,attah,tinubu, dont worry their own nemesis will come but for now erastus do the honorable stuff
get on your private jet tell your private pilot to take you to muritala call madam waziri and turn yourself in, then when you present your evidence
even nairalanders will support you, if you cant do that you have lost all credibility from people like me !!!
"there is honor among thieves"

The guy is innocent until proven otherwise, and it is better for him to stay out of the country because of people like you that love to condemn people before proven guilty i wonder if 1000 of you are in Nigeria what would have become of that country
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by anonimi: 10:48am On Sep 15, 2009
The CBN printed the 420B bailout fund with 1B yet these so called "insolvent" banks have not used up to 5% of the bailout funds rather they are all saturated even in the interbank borrowing.

i wonder if the person who posted the above knows anything about banking.
does the CBN have to print money to bailout any bank
have you heard of making accounting entries to recognise the bailout funds
how much did soludo print the money he made available to these banks under his Extended Discount Window, which is another name for bailout

McKren:

please what section of the constitution gives EFCC the power to incacerate people for 2 weeks without charging them to court?

have u been on the moon since last month shocked
u bin no read for papers sey dem don charge dem to court even grant them bail only sey dem never fit satisfy the bail conditions
i just dey pity the millions of ordinary citizens who put their trusts in these smartly dressed daylight thieves and bought their shares make dem for buy private jets with, build flashy offices, print daily devotions and set up christian radio etc while not giving loans to SMEs that can create multiple employment to the 80% unemployed youths (according to 9ja Labour minister) thus reducing armed robbery, kidnappings, begging etc.
na im make some people sey he better for do business in 9ja because plenty mugus wey think sey dem sharp full there.
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by Anabel(f): 11:14am On Sep 15, 2009
i don't even know when i click reply here lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by kunlekunle: 11:45am On Sep 15, 2009
he is afraid of being the next umaru diko, who was made a human cargo
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by constantk: 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2009
Mal abi wetin dem dey call u

I know you read the papers alot or betterstill you listen to people talk and you accept whatever your mentors say hook line and sinker, it doesn't really matter now that your mind is made up to chant the song of your paymaster.

Real economist will look at the long run effect or implication of an action and that is why a holistic approach is required and a straight thinking person will know that the action taken by Sanusi is short of what a myopic and visionless soul will do. it is important that we consider the effect this is having on the country at the moment, no more CLINE, Confirmation on LC transactions must be cash backed, what are we talking about.

Whatever the case may be, all the banks have the same problem why choose the ones you will axe and leave out those own by your cronies.

Do you think that the names of all the debtors were listed in the dailies, you must be gullible. this is a nation that is not known for the truth until the man on the seat of power is unseated the truth will not be known. a country where the AGF is a liar, the president is inactive, the senators & reps are rogues and you a dumb and a dumber, God help us as a nation. you have been decieved so much that you dont even know what the truth is. Sanusi has an agenda, one point agenda sell the banks those that are owned by a family or a one man run bank but let it look real include some others to make it look real. the chinesse are coming to buy for some Nigerians and then you will realize that you have been decieved. A stupid man printing 420Bn just to ensure that he achieves his dream that is criminal and sanusi should be jailed instead. The EFCC as an agent shld help the banks recover their loans from recalcitrant debtors and not to victimize Bank EXCOs in the manner we are seeing.

In the next 10 years the banks in question will not go down as they have done the honourable thing of making provisioning for all their non performing credit. Give them time to recover and a 6mnth/1yr/2 year plan for them to resign.

The head and brain is to think and not to wish  angry, As far as i am concerned Sanusi has failed with his first step.
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by otokx(m): 2:29pm On Sep 15, 2009
The drama continues.
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by haboosa(m): 5:57pm On Sep 15, 2009
@ you constantk or whatever
if you said sanusi made a mistake by his first action,i think you should need to do a rethink on that,the prodigal of intercontinental  has gone to the elastic limit that the prudency of this bank has already been put to doubt.this is a bank that constantly borrow from the EDW time to time,do you think as an economist(as you claimed to be in your reply) if all bank continiously borrow from the reserve it's not harzadous ,we should be focus on all our contributions not to be onesided.Whatever the case may be those MD's are still very much at fault,i only believe a justice must be tampered with care but not to the extent of negligence,so what do you think about MRS IBRU that gave billions of naira as loan to her "NANNY" grin
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by constantk: 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2009
Please dont get me wrong, the banks in question may be short in liquidity but the not insolvent. Brother let us wait till December when there will be uniform year end for all the banks. Gongo aso by then. Lets know for a fact that most the banks before the EDW take advantage of the interbank market with very high interest rate. I am not defending any Bank or their excos but all i am saying is that there is ageneral implication of Mr Sanusi action. the beginning we know the end cannot be easily determined.

Loans are granted on the networth of the borrower - personal guaranttee. Every of the banks have their issues some greater than the other though but issues like this should not be settled on the pages of the news paper.

Give the excos time to recover, and also a civil way of easing them out so that there will be no panic and correspondence banks confidence will not be shaken.

Right now, trade transactions are adversely affected, hope you see my point.
Re: Akingbola Reports Self To Uk Police by anonimi: 6:50pm On Sep 15, 2009
constantk:

Give the excos time to recover, and also a civil way of easing them out so that there will be no panic and correspondence banks confidence will not be shaken.

Right now, trade transactions are adversely affected, hope you see my point.

the EDW was not enough time to recover easily that was over-abused since they had Anambra aspiring governor Soludo in their pockets.
Maybe since u are very smart u might suggest better ways that Sanusi could have used.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP / Breaking News: Houston Texas Flood Goes From Bad To Worse / Hope Rises For 2019 Budget, Oil Price Rebounds To $60

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.