Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,501 members, 7,951,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:33 AM

Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans (9053 Views)

Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / Benin EDC Uses Soldiers To Intimidate Citizens Over Electricity Tariff. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by MhiztaPwinceeh(m): 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2016
agitator:

In essence what you are saying is you need to pay a transporter to purchase vehicles to take you to your destination? grin grin grin

We should also pay more money as subscription to the GSM operators to provide better internet services na. The money will enable them purchase better equipment for us to enjoy the internet. grin grin grin
Lol
Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by Mikechrist49: 12:09pm On Jul 18, 2016
Pls when would dis year migration form be out. i want to migrate from nigeria to gabon. useful information should alert me.
Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by nastyesco(m): 12:09pm On Jul 18, 2016
Its ridiculous, these discos are simply phoney firms that were set up by crooked businessmen and associates of the PDP Govt, they have no idea about what the biz is about, they jst took loans fron the banks and are expecting profits from where they didnt invest. WE CANT PAY FOR POWER WE DIDN'T CONSUME.
Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by princeakins(m): 12:13pm On Jul 18, 2016
Proffdada:
As long as we keep paying for darkness undecided

Luk ahead, u see it, light at d end of d tunnel grin
Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2016
authority2006:

We are already paying for darkness Mr man. If not for court, who stopped with the last tariff hike? Who would have stopped them concerning the impending 100% increment? The last tariff hike wasn't even part of MYTO neither the new proposed 100% hike. We are paying the way we had never paid before, yet these people claim losses everytime. Apart from the initial acquisition payment, what have they invested so far. No additional generating units by GENCOS, no new or additional transformers supplied by the DISCOS. All analog and digital meters have been placed on estimation since last year, who does that? Crooks.

Where is all the money they have being collecting from estimated bills (@ N24 Ekedc my zone) since the former increment last year and they don't supply light.

now they want to increase it again and still no improvement and they refuse giving smart meters(even when you have the money or pay for it)
I just hope they will adhere to FG instruction, unlike last time even the Senate an court stopped the increment but still the tariff was increased, after all (FG)nobody will fight for the masses

big time Politics, oil/generator companies /sellers cabals are behind power sabotage / failure because they will be at loss if there there improvement in that sector
Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by Exponental(m): 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
Please leave the new tariff oooo. It is very economical. The fact that fixed charges has been removed, it's very Ok.
Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by stonemasonn: 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2016
Since MTN made a profit of 70billion naira in their first year of operation in Nigeria, every dick and Harry wants to cash in on any business opportunity in Nigeria for immediate profits. The politicians, banks and some foreigners are all culprits in Nigeria's myriads of problems with their get rich quick mentality at the expense of poor masses.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
authority2006:

We are already paying for darkness Mr man. If not for court, who stopped with the last tariff hike? Who would have stopped them concerning the impending 100% increment? The last tariff hike wasn't even part of MYTO neither the new proposed 100% hike. We are paying the way we had never paid before, yet these people claim losses everytime. Apart from the initial acquisition payment, what have they invested so far. No additional generating units by GENCOS, no new or additional transformers supplied by the DISCOS. All analog and digital meters have been placed on estimation since last year, who does that? Crooks.
Mr woman, you're the one that mumuly chose to pay for darkness.
Which kin mumu be dat
Stop paying bill and when they come tell them to pack dia wire and come back and thank me.
But no, our ppl don't want any inconvenience, we must enjoy light by all means even if it means saying through our nose when there are other private off grid options.
You're supposed to be educated
Act like it
When I no get light I no pay so I don't know why your choosing to suffer unnecessarily
You're behaving as if if there is no light you will not survive
Abeg mowu hia word
Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
authority2006:

Which kin mumu be dat
Stop paying bill and when they come tell them to pack dia wire and come back and thank me.
But no, our ppl don't want any inconvenience, we must enjoy light by all means even if it means saying through our nose when there are other private off grid options.
Act like it
When I no get light I no pay so I don't know why your choosing to suffer unnecessarily
Abeg mowu hia word
Wake up and call Nepa bluff my friend
Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
ijustdey:

cc lalasticlala

this shows that privatization of power as of that time wasn't what is needed because the framework on power distribution, transmission, sustainability and maintenance haven't been well established.....

what is your suggested solution
Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:27pm On Jul 18, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
So they actually expected an immedate return on investment plus profit and they want Nigerians to pay for it.

Return on investments should be an immediate thing. The banks should structure the loans in a way that what goes into the project and comes out is monitored to avoid the profligacy that is the attitude of our so-called business men who fly private jets with bank loans. They should place the burden on already over-burdened populace.
have you not paid for everything else
They tried dia luck
The banks are in on it
They're feasting on us while we look like mumu
That's what happens when middle class educated refuse to participate in politics
More interested in tm shirt, Moet, club, vacation frivolities
Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
[quote author=aressssa post=47650354]
[/quote

TrNsmission isnt
Doesn't stop gwament from ingesting in it
Just like it built mega stations in petroleum industry

The 1 year old government is of course actively investing across the board, but 55 years of rot and neglect including 16 years of looting and stealing power funds can not be corrected in less than 2 years.
no but you can show some kind of direction
Quick wins if you will
Emergency power plants can be bought in months
Renewable energy is there
Simply enforcing deployment of meters is another
While big elephant projects are in the works
I haven't mentioned off grid industrial parks o

Transmission is still based on the same rotten and ineffective pre or post independence relic.
that should be easy to expand with a serious govt
No be wire and transformer

When govt put fire they will wake up and hire the experts

Unfortunately, this is still not the solution.
pray tell what is

Says who

Says the DISCOs hence borrowing money and begging the government to hike tariffs ..

one chance things
Is good sef
We get some of our loot back
Just watch how they capitulate when solar takes the market by storm
I remember mtn being adamant that they can't do per second billing until Glo burst dia bubble

When darkness falls upon the land somebody will blink
Doubt it will be govt

You are right. Sadly, privatization without prudent preparation looks like complete lose and bankrupt bargain for the taxpayers..
as long as transmission is still in govt hands then we do not have privatisation

Moni de
Cam dan

Nope, they don't have money and we don't either,,,
yes they do, they've been looting for 60 years
Trust me there is money

No light at the end of this tunnel..sadly

solar
Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by Izen: 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
someone needs to teach pmb the sensitivity of the market, any move you make sends a message to investors. you dont do commando style on the economy

How is this one buhari's fault again na?

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by Ovamboland(m): 6:43pm On Jul 18, 2016
agitator:

In essence what you are saying is you need to pay a transporter to purchase vehicles to take you to your destination? grin grin grin

We should also pay more money as subscription to the GSM operators to provide better internet services na. The money will enable them purchase better equipment for us to enjoy the internet. grin grin grin

what he's saying is the tariff must be cost reflective to guarantee financing for the necessary investment, the current judgement will do the opposite, drive away critical finance needed to make any improvement in service delivery. We can haven't cheap tariffs to guarantee us weeks of darkness with no hope of improvement

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by ijustdey: 8:41pm On Jul 18, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:
what is your suggested solution

would it have made any difference since the did have been done
Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:54am On Jul 19, 2016
ijustdey:

would it have made any difference since the did have been done
Yes
How do you know I'm not in a position to change things
You learn everyday
Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by harveyspec: 5:36pm On Jul 19, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
someone needs to teach pmb the sensitivity of the market, any move you make sends a message to investors. you dont do commando style on the economy

m u m u, is it PMB dat took the case to court?

Is it PMB that gave the ruling?
Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by authority2006(m): 8:21pm On Jul 21, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:
Which kin mumu be dat
Act like it
Abeg mowu hia word
Wake up and call Nepa bluff my friend
Hope you are not sick upstair? Or wetin be all these insults? So, the little periods we have light each day, I should go to other people's houses to charge my phones and of my other family members? To press our cloth or reading. Easier said than done.
Re: Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:23am On Jul 22, 2016
authority2006:

Hope you are not sick upstair? Or wetin be all these insults? So, the little periods we have light each day, I should go to other people's houses to charge my phones and of my other family members? To press our cloth or reading. Easier said than done.
no you are the sick one displaying ignorance
doing the same and expecting different result
phones can be charged with small solar or battery bank
there's kerosene and charcoal and gas iron or buy wash and wear

not easy
but pretend you're educated

(1) (2) (Reply)

Judges Raid: APC Exonerates Buhari, Urges Security Agencies To Respect Rule Of L / Votes For Me Will Count - Maduka Says As Catholic Youth Organization Endorses / CJN Approves Live Transmission Of Supreme Court Judgment Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.