Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,148 members, 7,970,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 11:21 AM

Sen. Dino Melaye Could Be Right - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen. Dino Melaye Could Be Right (487 Views)

Dino Melaye Flaunts Sports Cars Worth Millions In Abuja (Photos, Video) / Nnamdi Kanu Might Be Right: Compare And Contrast Between New And Old Buhari / Certificate Saga : Buhari May Be Right. Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sen. Dino Melaye Could Be Right by cynthia123(f): 5:30pm On Jul 18, 2016
For a week now, several comments have been made concerning the event that took place between Sen Dino Malaye and Sen Oluremi Tinubu during the Senate's closed door session. From what I have read and heard on different media platforms and from what Sen Malaye said in his press conference, I picked out three things:

1. That Sen Oluremi Tinubu called Sen Dino Malaye a thug and a dog.

2. That Sen Dino Malaye threatened to beat up Sen Oluremi Tinubu and impregnate her.

3. That for every reaction there must be an action (Malaye's press conference).

If in reality Sen Remi had called Sen Dino a thug, that's an action that triggered a reaction from Dino "I will beat you up" (for calling me a thug, because that's how thugs behave).
In Africa, especially in Nigeria if someone is called a dog it simply means (alongside other meanings) that the person is a scumbag who has no sense of morality and goes around having indiscriminate s*x. And for Sen Remi to have called Dino a dog (if that is true), that word also triggered a reaction from Dino (for calling me a dog, I will show you how dogs behave by impregnating you).

Although I have not heard Sen Oluremi Tinubu's side of the story, if truly she called her colleague a thug and a dog, but I believe that if she did not attack her colleague with such derogatory words, she would not have gotten such reaction and tongue lashing from Dino.
I have seen several headlines like the ones below:

...Lagos APC asked Malaye to apologize
Okun-Parapo berates Malaye

...BringBackOurGirls group, Lagos State chapter condemns Malaye

...APC Lagos Central Senatorial District calls Malaye investigation

...Women group (WARDC) gives Malaye 3 days ultimatum to apologize

...South West APC call Malaye a wolf in a sheep’s skin

...APC Osun women wing call for Malaye Imprisonment

...APC Diaspora plans to block Malaye foreign trips

...Civil group COCMEGG condemns and threatens Senator Malaye.

I am yet to see a single headline, that has condemned Sen Remi for using such vulgar words on her colleague.

My question; why is it that 99% of the people are blaming Dino and demanding an apology from him, when Remi is also guilty of using derogatory words on a distinguished Senator. Or is it that calling a distinguished Senator of the Federal Republic thug and a dog is a lesser evil than threatening to beat up and impregnate one?
We should never allow sentiments to cloud our judgements. Both parties have erred in their actions they should both apologize to Nigerians for their show of shame and disgracing the Nigeria Legislature.
We deserve an apology!

UNYIME NKAMARE

(1) (Reply)

Saraki 2 Nigerians:I Remain Loyal 2 APC,Buhari Will Fulfil His Campaign Promises / How Politics Almost Deprived Me Of Becoming Alaafin —oba Lamidi Adeyemi / Prominent Warri Bishop Arrested For Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.