Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,436 members, 7,888,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:20 AM

Why Is Buhari Not Performing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Buhari Not Performing? (827 Views)

Osinbajo Not Performing Better Than Buhari – Presidency / Justice Binta Nyako Is Buhari’s Sister – IPOB Cries Out / Buhari Not In London For Treatment- Femi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 19, 2016
although the global price of oil has reduced, but during the administration of of Jonathan, subsidy was gulping almost 1 trillion naira of our revenue. we all no that Buharis government is paying no subsidy on petrol and kerosene. that should be a huge part of our budget.

also, since Buhari appointed Tunde Fowler as head of FIRS, I expect the IGR of the government to be nothing less than *100 of what it used to be.

what about all the money that was claimed to have been recovered?

with all these, why is the government still complaining of no money to fund the budget?

cc: lalasticlala, passingshot, beremx, ozaoekpe, tonyebarcanista, dunkem, obailala, omenga, abagworo,orlandoowoh, modath.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by IstandWitBuhari: 6:29am On Jul 19, 2016
Is lalasticlala a Zombie
Re: Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by Firefire(m): 6:29am On Jul 19, 2016

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by SamMilla1(m): 6:32am On Jul 19, 2016
How do you change Lionel Messi and replace him With Segun Odegbami, and at the same time, expect to win the match.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by orunto27: 6:32am On Jul 19, 2016
Good Education is the Tool of the Game.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by FlawlesRebirth02(f): 6:32am On Jul 19, 2016
Lol@ is Lalasticlala a zombie? Broda Istandwithbuhari he is a Robot grin
Re: Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by chemicalDisease: 6:33am On Jul 19, 2016
If you ask me
Na who I go ask?
Well, zombies over to you pple

1 Like

Re: Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by Vendoor(f): 6:35am On Jul 19, 2016
see me see question undecided

Oya Zombies come and defend your boss grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 19, 2016
IstandWitBuhari:
Is lalasticlala a Zombie

no. just to push the thread to front page.
Re: Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by edbor(m): 6:36am On Jul 19, 2016
Because he is suffering from kunu over dose

1 Like

Re: Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by ConqueredWest: 6:44am On Jul 19, 2016
This question should be directed to the AFONJAs

1 Like

Re: Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by DaBullIT(m): 6:54am On Jul 19, 2016
When your brothers keep blowing pipelines , there's no revenue , there's no subsidy savings , there is no money where there won't be money

1 Like

Re: Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by chemicalDisease: 6:59am On Jul 19, 2016
DaBullIT:
When your brothers keep blowing pipelines , there's no revenue , there's no subsidy savings , there is no money where there won't be money

5% holding Nigeria to ransom??

I de laff! grin

What of lake Chad oyel?
What of Lagos oyel?
Kai bro!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by kossyablaze(m): 7:08am On Jul 19, 2016
He his brain dead
Re: Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by kossyablaze(m): 7:09am On Jul 19, 2016
grin
chemicalDisease:

I de laff! grin

What of lake Chad oyel?
What of Lagos oyel?
Kai bro!
Re: Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by DaBullIT(m): 7:13am On Jul 19, 2016
chemicalDisease:

I de laff! grin

What of lake Chad oyel?
What of Lagos oyel?
Kai bro!

Oya look down !

Re: Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by chemicalDisease: 7:15am On Jul 19, 2016
DaBullIT:

Oya look down !

Is that all?
I de shame for you grin
Re: Why Is Buhari Not Performing? by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 19, 2016
schoolboij:
although the global price of oil has reduced, but during the administration of of Jonathan, subsidy was gulping almost 1 trillion naira of our revenue. we all no that Buharis government is paying no subsidy on petrol and kerosene. that should be a huge part of our budget.

Well, yeah. But recall that GEJ had oil prices at above 100USD. PMB has had it between 25-50USD.

That makes a huge difference.

At least GEJ had the money to pay N1 trillion. PMB (who actually loves subsidy) was forced to remove it because we were running out of the money to fund the N1 trillion.

And to be frank, Nigeria should be having a budget of N20 trillion and above to meet all our needs. That is why I think that APC should stop relying on oil.

also, since Buhari appointed Tunde Fowler as head of FIRS, I expect the IGR of the government to be nothing less than *100 of what it used to be.

I expect that taxes may soon rise. We have no choice.

what about all the money that was claimed to have been recovered?

with all these, why is the government still complaining of no money to fund the budget?

Welcome to the Dutch diseased economy....

The boom in the oil and non-traded goods sector increases the demand for imported goods. This may not be a problem in the short-term so long as the country has enough foreign exchange to pay for the imports. The depression in the non-oil export sector and the boom in the other two sectors have medium to long term implications for the economy because the oil windfall will not be permanent given the volatility, unpredictability and exhaustibility of crude oil. For instance, if there is a decline in oil prices and oil revenue, the lagging and collapsing non-oil export sector will not be able to compensate for the drop in oil revenue while domestic demand for the non-traded goods and imports remain sticky. Consequently, the country will be forced to borrow from the international financial market to compensate for the decline in oil revenue. Over time, external debts will increase and so will the debt service obligations. Even when oil prices go up later and there is another round of oil windfall, it is difficult to correct the earlier damage or distortions created by the initial or previous oil windfall. In some cases, the oil exporting country may be forced to adopt some form of structural adjustment program (SAP) to correct such distortions or imbalances. Some of these SAPs are painful and may increase the prevalence, depth and severity of poverty.

Sound familiar?

I know a lot of people call me zombie for singing about Dutch disease....but they should realise I am also blasting the APC government too.

Thing is, if APC wants real change....they have to tell Nigerians the truth. We are a poor country. We have to spend more on power and transport and education, increase taxes, and practice austerity , while encouraging industrial growth until we can stand on our feet, apart from oil.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Imorerun‬:see All UNCONFIRMED Unit By Unit Results As They Come In / The Meme For The Ogun State Governor's Wife And Nine Year Old Boy / Nation Building Through National Integration And Social Co-operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.