Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,405 members, 7,901,117 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:11 AM

Those Who Love Novels - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Those Who Love Novels (13020 Views)

All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / How Many Nigerian Novels Have You Read Recently? / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Who Love Novels by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 13, 2006
try reading the one sydney has on (ask evans) men is so nice the suspence was daring i alsomt couldn't stop, hardly chase has the best stories i have ever heard i like him, dude how do you say it,
Re: Those Who Love Novels by AngelMary(f): 9:38pm On Mar 01, 2006
How can I get Sydney Sheldon novels in Lagos( am a die-hard fan )? I'm sure i could return them in not more than 2 days. Also, do we have good lending libraries here in lagos?
Re: Those Who Love Novels by desiretom(f): 5:21pm On Mar 07, 2006
Im more into Harold Robins, try and read any of his books and you'll know what im talking about. cant do without it,

1 Like

Re: Those Who Love Novels by vandyke: 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2006
O. kay. I like horror/ fantasy books too. Stephen King, Clive Barker, etc. I'm curious though. Why must African literature reflect only our local and traditional settings? I think our society has the benefit of of a thriving mix of contemporary and traditional subculture. Why cant we have writers who can create stories that portray the conflicts that exist therein? I dont want to sound condescending, but I find many of our local writers to be pretty simplistic in terms of thier scope and range. The world's a global village, right? With all due respect for Chimamanda (did I get that right?) and her ilk, lets's see some stuff reflecting our real world situation today. 'Nuff said.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by slybase(m): 12:28pm On Mar 15, 2006
although chinua achebe might look extra archaic and scholarly but i guess his 'no longer at ease' fits into your category, doesn't it?
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Ynot(m): 2:22am On Mar 17, 2006
desiretom:

I'm more into Harold Robins, try and read any of his books and you'll know what im talking about. can't do without it,

Have you read "Dream Die First?" Still one of my favorite.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Dojo(m): 10:34am On Mar 17, 2006
Is there anyone in love with Fantasy novels (pure fantasy and not Sci-fiction)
I'd love to be swapping novels and exchanging ideas
Re: Those Who Love Novels by desiretom(f): 3:35pm On Mar 17, 2006
@ynot

yes i've read dream die first, stilletto, memories of another day, the raiders, the tycoon, the stallion, betsy, piranhas, spellbind, goodbye janette, the lonely lady, 79 park avenue and hoping to read more of his books, I've even read some of jackie collins novels,
Re: Those Who Love Novels by desiretom(f): 3:36pm On Mar 17, 2006
I read anything i can lay my hands on, though Harold robins and Jackie Collins are my favorite authors.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by tabeel(f): 8:22pm On Mar 17, 2006
please who reads MARY HAGGINS CLARK's books? cheesy
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Dojo(m): 9:18am On Mar 20, 2006
I've read some of Mary Higgins Clark novels- I'll be seeing you, we'll meet again, You belong to me e.t.c,
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Vieira(m): 12:47pm On Mar 20, 2006
Dojo:

Is there anyone in love with Fantasy novels (pure fantasy and not Sci-fiction)
I'd love to be swapping novels and exchanging ideas

I am. I love fantasy I also love Sci-Fi but if you want some fantasy books I can help, where are u based?
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Vieira(m): 12:48pm On Mar 20, 2006
Ooops! Sorry Dojo, I just saw your location as Lagos.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Dojo(m): 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2006
sad
Can't you help?
cry
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Vieira(m): 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2006
I dey Uk, a bit too far now, but I have done some recommendations on this thread so you fit look for those ones now.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by desiretom(f): 6:40pm On Mar 20, 2006
Im interested to meet anyone that can loan me a jackie collins novels, im based in lagos.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Zahymaka(m): 4:08am On Mar 22, 2006
I used to like Sidney Sheldon until I encountered Robert Ludlum and Tom Clancy. I have to say he's a bit amateurish. Have you tried Nelson DeMille [he's hilarious], Nicholas Evans [he's bizarre] or gone back in time and read Dostoevsky [especially The Brothers Karamazov].
Why must African literature reflect only our local and traditional settings?
I don't think so. There're still young writers out there that are coming up. I've been writing since I was eight [although I'm still amateurish] and I'm writing a CMS that allwos me to write books. I already have some parts up and running but it's not fully functional yet. By the way, I have a crude write-up @ http://books.zatechcorp.com/index.php/mode/read/action/read/id/6
Re: Those Who Love Novels by mfbio: 1:27pm On Mar 27, 2006
anyone down for some horror/fantasy? clive barker, stephen king , john shirley etc
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Zahymaka(m): 4:49pm On Mar 27, 2006
The best horror guy is Dean Koontz -- the rest don't scare me. Stephen King managed to disgust me in DreamCatcher but I've read lots of his books and they're not scary.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by lao(f): 3:03pm On May 12, 2006
read sandra brown, nora roberts, lavryle spencer, they write lovely books.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by nwadinma(f): 1:16pm On May 17, 2006
have any one read inside CIA by a nigerian authir ? it is a crime novel too.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:14pm On May 25, 2006
am a real novel freak i so much love reading novels and dont have any favourite author.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by uzygirl(f): 4:21pm On May 26, 2006
ThoniaSlim:

am a real novel freak i so much love reading novels and don't have any favourite author.

Same thing here Thoniaslim, If the preview catches my fancy, i'll read any book. So I have a host of books instead of authors. But I don't read horror.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by desiretom(f): 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2006
i read anything, but i do have my favourite authors, and i collect them,
Re: Those Who Love Novels by ADESUWA(f): 12:33am On Jun 10, 2006
i love romance and i like d heroine to b strong harted,sturborn,proud,a typical no nonsence person just like me.d authors dat do this r
sandra brown
lynn graham
nora roberts
nia long
debbie macomber
etc dey r simply fabulous n 1 can relate with d characters
Re: Those Who Love Novels by hotangel2(f): 12:45am On Jun 10, 2006
For some weird reason, im back to loving novels. LOL.

Seriously. ERIC jerome Dickey's "The Other woman", is one book im planning on finishing today, and i started today. It's an interesting book, i wanna see the next page and next page. lol,

Anyways , i guess my reading novel mojo is back. lol, i'll get more novels.

Romance novels please? ANyone have lists for me?
Re: Those Who Love Novels by damygurl(f): 3:07am On Jun 20, 2006
Janet Evanovich----->you gotta read the stepahnie plum series.
Christine feehan
Lori Foster
jo leigh
kayla perrin--gettin even
Suzzane Forster--->tease
M.J Rose--->lying in bed
Charlotte Hughes --->A new attitude
Gwynne Forster-----> Her secret life
Re: Those Who Love Novels by shawna(f): 11:17pm On Jul 27, 2006
i love reading novels i just got a couple of novels from the library i cant wait to start reading them yippie!
Re: Those Who Love Novels by shawna(f): 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2006
Zahymaka:

The best horror guy is Dean Koontz -- the rest don't scare me. Stephen King managed to disgust me in DreamCatcher but I've read lots of his books and they're not scary.

if u think reading the book grossed u out u should try watching the movie its more disgusting and scary cheesy
Re: Those Who Love Novels by adetunrayo(f): 11:59am On Sep 20, 2006
Hi guys,what is wrong with African novels?They are good 2.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by shade(f): 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2006
The reader's choice of any particular novel is really his/her business. Reading itself is a personal thing and not aping others habit. i for one read everything under the sun from crime to romance .But the truth is , fo me, the fantasy genre is the best thing to ever happen to the literary world!.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by iice(f): 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2006
I used to read Fantasy and horror when i was younger and i used to read romance novels, well i still do sometimes (Johanna Lindsay, Elizabeth Lowell, Rebecca Brandewayne) and then i went to suspense and crime, now am on espionage (Robert Ludlum mostly havent gotten to Tom Clancy). I can read anything, so long as an element of it is interesting to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply / Twins Adventures / Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.