Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,157 members, 7,890,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:05 AM

Gospel Music Was Not Financially Rewarding – Simi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gospel Music Was Not Financially Rewarding – Simi (468 Views)

Seyi Law's Daughter, Tiwa And Bobrisky Help Kemi Olunloyo Financially / First Time Music Was Heard In Nigeria / Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Music Was Not Financially Rewarding – Simi by donchid123(m): 11:57am On Jul 19, 2016
Fast rising singer, Simi, recently sat down for an interview with Punch where she talked about her music amongst several other topics.
The delectable singer, who recently dropped a new song, ‘ Live Your Dream‘ featuring D-Truce ,shed light on her entry into the music industry and why she decided to switch from gospel to mainstream music.
According to Simi, gospel music wasn’t making her the kind of money she wanted.
Read excerpts from her interview:
You began your career as a gospel act. Why did you go mainstream?
 The first thing that comes to the mind is that I did it for monetary reasons. However music became about ‘more’; I wanted to have a broader purview. It was a tough decision for me to make at first. I wanted to explore music more. My faith in God hasn’t waivered because before I went mainstream, I prayed to God to bless my career if it was his plan for me. I also don’t see myself doing gospel music again. 
What has fame cost you?

I don’t go out much but I love to go to regular places. I can’t do so any longer and I miss having a regular life because I am a regular girl.

Are you currently dating anyone?

I am in a relationship with someone else who is not Falzthebahdguy; we are just friends. y man is mature and understands the fact that I may be erroneously romantically linked with an artiste simply because we work on music projects together.

www.lovablevibes.com/2016/07/gospel-music-was-not-financially.html?m=1

Re: Gospel Music Was Not Financially Rewarding – Simi by fingard02k(m): 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2016
Dats why u ditched my guy falz
Re: Gospel Music Was Not Financially Rewarding – Simi by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2016
Okay.

(1) (Reply)

( Snippet ) Tinashe & Davido`s Upcoming Single “how Long" / Patoranking Unveils God Over Everything Album Cover / Popular American Comedian Kevin Hart Gets Married - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.