Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,383 members, 7,947,616 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 03:41 AM

American Marines To Help Fight MEND? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / American Marines To Help Fight MEND? (5703 Views)

US Stations Marines In Ghana In Fear Of Post Election Crisis - The Nation / Boko Haram: Fg May Engage Us Marines! / US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by rygem: 5:49am On Sep 16, 2009
We lack military capability. Our military specializes in collecting egunje on the road with left hand, Giant of Africa!
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by 3spade3(m): 10:26am On Sep 16, 2009
Africom is good. Just give up the oil.
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 16, 2009
On MEND, what is MEND and what do they represent? Does anyone truly believe they are freedom fighters? Fighting for whom? Bloody crude oil thieves that drive SUVs and go on spending sprees in the FCT that they hypocritically call a leech.
My opinion, if the Nigerian army is too inept(which they are by the way)to handle a handful of jobless youths with leggings on their faces and ammo belts for suspenders, then the FG should HIRE whoever can get the job done.
This is purely military and calls for a military solution. Look how the Army put down Boko Haram-That is what I call making a statement, and no ONE came out to say those poor sods were also Freedom fighters. But in essence they were, in their own misguided form, treading the same path that MEND has trod all these years.
Let's not let allow Nationalism and crocodile patriotism to becloud our reasoning,we can ALL fake "I love my country die", its a hot lie. Gen George Patton jr said

"No bastard that loved his country EVER gave his life for it. He showed his love by making the other poor bastard lay down HIS own life for his country"

Let MEND die so that we can live if we truly love our country.
The US is about the largest importer of our crude, it makes sense if they're eager to protect the source. If they want to die for Nigeria, by God let them have it.
Either way, its a win-win situation for us

My sentiments EXACTLY* cool
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by Oluschenco(m): 12:06pm On Sep 16, 2009
Hope these people (Americans) will not take that as an opportunity to dominate our oil-rich regions
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by 3kay945(m): 1:40pm On Sep 16, 2009
If this is true, then leave all the worries to the rich, for the poor? Who cares!!!
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by Anabel(f): 3:19pm On Sep 16, 2009
yes America has finally gotten an opprotunity to take part. tomorrow, they will tell you they want a share out of the oil money.AMERICA NO DEY HEAR OIL FOR HEAR. well they can have a share of the oil money, after all we citizens of the country don't know where the money is going to.
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:16pm On Sep 16, 2009
Oluschenco:

Hope these people (Americans) will not take that as an opportunity to dominate our oil-rich regions

well, what d'you expect? grin
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by SapeleGuy: 7:28pm On Sep 16, 2009
"Mayday Mayday Blackhawk Down"
Another inglorious defeat for the marines.
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:44pm On Sep 16, 2009
don't be too sure about that. grin
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by slimes(m): 11:13am On Sep 17, 2009
Looks like they want to fight hunger, poverty and injustice with weapons of mass destruction.
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by ikeyman00(m): 11:37am On Sep 17, 2009
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

nigerians will only fix their wahala

and to sit there beggin and hopin the whites in the name of jesus will sweep your baboon country for yall

is like a toddler dreamin to fly

[b]Obama
in Ghana even knows that

even Mandingo could pretend as much as he want in his baber'shop in US,Obama is still battlin with acceptance as the most powerful from the Whites; racism with 24-hours power-supply in Mandingo welfare paid house

people like Beaf i think should know that[/b]

asshole rocks;get serious!! time is runnin out

aboki no to constitution changes; ahaha but massive poverty for your shaira north side; ahaha

now

for how long in the name of jesus-allah shall the Fg via no to progress; shall continue foolin and actin like a man-chimp?
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by GeorgeD1(m): 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2009
no, they want to drill oil with marines! grin
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by bisiaet: 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
Sorry in a straight language I dont welcome that idea and they are not welcome infact what are they looking for? pls let them mind there business we dont need there help. How on earth can 150 million population will be at mercy of just handfull of MEND or whatever they called themselves? Is Nigeria soidiers dead?So what are all these battallion doing? Or is our sodier made for Sudan, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Yugoslavia as a good boys or United Nation Pleaser or what? Pls enough of nasty and stupid debate about America Marine or whatever coming to help.

How I wish to meet with MEND or the millitant myself I would have ask these boys or men few questions like if you destroy your fathersland where else will you go? I know they are fighting for their right but now who bear the loss? Yes they are attacking oil installation for what good will this do rather than give dialogue a chance and lets move on than to allow some disgruntle sycophant people to used them and dump them later on in the name of fighting for right whose right are they fighting for when we read about rape and kidnapping of innocent people why the fat cat sat in the so call Abuja and getting potty belly on and on??

If the mindless people behind the scene bought you a weapon to go on fighting living your life inside creek, rocks, bush and so on and he that bought the gun for u and say fight on is sleeping in aircondition house, aircondition car, aircondition office and you are sleeping in camps, in creeks, hole, rock or bush when you are not monkeys then who is stupid you or the manor men behind the scene why cant he bring his own son to the creek to be a captain in the battle for right and freedom? Can everybody see where they refuse to use common sense.

Will they win the fight or destroy enough and peace finally come or a soverign NigerDelta now become a state on his own do think they will be call out of the bush to be Governor, commissioner or even a concillor NO in capital

Pls we dont need America Marine or America whatever.
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2009
you obviously don't know what the niger delta struggle is all about.
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by Nobody: 3:14am On Sep 18, 2009
wth!
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:12pm On Sep 18, 2009
you're already biased in your intonations. why bother?
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by xreal: 8:27pm On Sep 18, 2009
this is a shame on our so called government, inviting external forces to kill its ppl instead of doing the right thing. American forces would not come here for good, its for our crude oil. I pray those millitants bomb dem 'white' ppl all if they either step on our soil or sail on our shores to 'fight us'. WAFFI WEDOOO!
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by ocelot2006(m): 2:40am On Sep 19, 2009
I'm sorry, but the post made is simply BULLSHYTE. The Federal Govt is not going to invite any foreign power to do our fighting for us. Or are u guys so gullible that you'll accept any rubbish posted on the web  angry ? The last time we used mercenaries (civil war), it was one big mess with Egyptian pilots who couldn't bomb jack with our Mig-17s, or western pilots who decided to prolong the civil war by aiding flights into the Uli airstrip (afterall, they were making lots of money through the war). And I never knew that the Nigerian military was a "rag-tag" outfit. Do you really think that MEND will be able to face the full wrath of the combined arms of the Nigerian military, intelligence, and law enforcement agencies if the later were given a free hand by the Federal Govt.

With the regards to the unmanned survellance system, news flash: it's already operational. But NOT under the control of some mercenary group, but rather the Nigeria Navy.
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by ocelot2006(m): 2:54am On Sep 19, 2009
And to those who think that Nigeria is a satellite nation to the USA, think again. This nation has ALWAYS, and will ALWAYS be a non-aligned nation. If we were puppets of the USA, we would NOT have opened our markets to the Chinese or the Russians. WE are the ones that also kicked against the setting of any AFRICOM base in west africa. We are friends of nations that give the USA serious headaches (Russia, China, Iran, North Korea) and we're NOT going to break any of these relationships anytime soon. And we've definitely kicked against some of the policies of the US e.g. the war in Iraq. Overall, your nation has a very balanced foreign policy with no leaning to either west or east, and it is not going to change any time soon.

Judging from the posts I've seen, some of you will have no problem selling your nation for the green card or money. Pathetic.
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by becomrich15: 3:00am On Sep 19, 2009
Even  the USA would never do that, they are not a stupid people. They read the politics on ground.

Is there Oil in the North that the north want to Protect. Yar Adua can go ahead and invite any nation he want, I can tell you that nation would live to regret it.  Look the north has no oil. It is not to the benefit of the USA to support the Northern people which the USA can  not gain anything from. what would the north pay the USA with desert sand.

Do you think the USA is interested in empty desert sand.?  Have you heard of buy America.
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:51am On Sep 19, 2009
who told you the north has no oil? of course they have oil in bauchi.
why else are they investing so much in lake chad?! grin
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by nex(m): 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2009
Bialegend, ignorance in its pure form is not really harmful. It is when a little intelligence is brought into the mix that makes people like you very, very dangerous.

Please download a map of the Biafran war path and even you will giggle when you see how far they went. Most of their so called invasions were just strips of roads they passed through. I'm sure when you become more informed, you will change your ID from Bialegend to Biafable.
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by davidif: 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2009
ha ha ha ha ha, where is ocelot2006, the nigerian army cheerleader, he should come check out this topic. he he he he.
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2009
he's on awol, i guess grin
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by naijaking1: 7:09pm On Sep 20, 2009
ocelot2006:

I'm sorry, but the post made is simply BULLSHYTE. The Federal Govt is not going to invite any foreign power to do our fighting for us. Or are u guys so gullible that you'll accept any rubbish posted on the web angry ? The last time we used mercenaries (civil war), it was one big mess with Egyptian pilots who couldn't bomb jack with our Mig-17s, or western pilots who decided to prolong the civil war by aiding flights into the Uli airstrip (afterall, they were making lots of money through the war). And I never knew that the Nigerian military was a "rag-tag" outfit. Do you really think that MEND will be able to face the full wrath of the combined arms of the Nigerian military, intelligence, and law enforcement agencies if the later were given a free hand by the Federal Govt.
With the regards to the unmanned survellance system, news flash: it's already operational. But NOT under the control of some mercenary group, but rather the Nigeria Navy.

If you have any evidence that Yar'dua is not about to contract out this security job, then provide it. Otherwise, there is no need lecturing us on the evils of having a foreign army attack your own people.
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:22pm On Sep 20, 2009
i think that statement should have read "If you have any evidence that Yar'dua is about to contract out this security job, then provide it." Or don't you agree?
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by davidif: 10:36pm On Sep 20, 2009
nex:

Bialegend, ignorance in its pure form is not really harmful. It is when a little intelligence is brought into the mix that makes people like you very, very dangerous.

Please download a map of the Biafran war path and even you will giggle when you see how far they went. Most of their so called invasions were just strips of roads they passed through. I'm sure when you become more informed, you will change your ID from Bialegend to Biafable.

ha ha ha haha
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2009
***winks*** grin
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by ocelot2006(m): 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2009
naijaking1:

If you have any evidence that Yar'dua is not about to contract out this security job, then provide it. Otherwise, there is no need lecturing us on the evils of having a foreign army attack your own people.

No, why don't you prove that Yaradua is about to contract out security operations in the Niger-Delta to a foreign entity? And i don't mean some stupid link like hulu.com. If you've been following the thrends back home withe the armed forces and law enforcement agencies, then you would have known that its been the total opposite. The military (particularly the Navy) has been acquiring more platforms and gears to provide better protection within the region. And military personnels are undergoing more training to handle the situation within the region.
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by ocelot2006(m): 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2009
George_D:

i think that statement should have read "If you have any evidence that Yar'dua is about to contract out this security job, then provide it." Or don't you agree?

I agree o grin .
Re: American Marines To Help Fight MEND? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:03pm On Sep 21, 2009
people just like being paranoid over nothing! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode: The Spy Who Fooled Us / BREAKING: Five #endsars Protesters Shot Dead In Ibadan (graphic Videos) / More Problems For Biden As Whistle Blower Reveals How Voting Machines Were Rigge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.