Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,158 members, 7,887,376 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:51 AM

What Is Your Experience Renting A House To Different Tribes In Nigeria - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is Your Experience Renting A House To Different Tribes In Nigeria (635 Views)

Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! / Factors To Consider When Buying / Renting A House - Comfortable Housing / Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Experience Renting A House To Different Tribes In Nigeria by proxillin(m): 8:13am On Jul 20, 2016
Here is my experience. You can add yours.

Well I have had encounter with Igbo mostly.

***No offence***

-- Hausa.
I don't have any experience living with Hausas. At times I wonder if they rent apartment in Lagos. They sleep mostly in shops and cracks. But the few ones I see in my neighborhood.
1. They clog everywhere with rags
2. They urinate on walls (Smell of urea in places close to them)
3. Housewifes/ladies secretly patronise them for secret sex. They are hot cake for most girls.
4. Don't let your little daughter of 6 years old play with them.
5. Easily provoked regardless of how nice they are.
6. Above all, they are friendly (bar their religion fanaticism).
7. They truthful to some extent.
8. Add to the list

--Yoruba
I am very popular with them.
1. Even if they are muslim or christian, Juju and fetish object won't still be far from them.
2. Gossiping is common even, among their men.
3. Yorubas are born liars and very curny
4. They pay house rents in time.
5. They are promiscuous
6. No doubt, they are accommodating and less or not tribal.
7. Yorubas don't help fellow Yorubas but are nice to other tribes.
8. Some Yorubas are dirty especially those in rural areas.
9. Thieves
10. Hooliganism
11. Add to the list

--Igbos
I have had many encounters with them either as a landlord or as a co-tenant. I know them very well
1. No matter the level of education, an average Igbo is dirty. I remember one I lived with, he blocks our sewage pipe with palm kernel everyday. He cook a lot, pounds something everyday. His cooking behavior is so annoying. God knows what type of food he cooks.
2. Arrogance and non-apologetic. They can't say sorry if they at fault. They fight and argue even if they are wrong.
3. Non-cooperative. I remember my previous landlord warning an Igbo tenant to stop pounding upstairs. Up till now the family still pound yam nearly everyday upstairs. Contributing electricity bill, LAWMA is like begging them for help.
4. Nonchalant. They have this I don't care attitude.
5. What I hate most about them is "They pay house rent only once". They only pay one year house rent, they will spend extra 4 years without paying a dime. They will tell you to give them quit notice afterall they are entitled to 6 month free notice.
And when you announce house vacancy. Other tribes will come with 200k, Igbo in a bid to hijack the house will come with 400k. They are the reason house rent is high in Lagos.
6. Igbo girls are beautiful. They have good spirit. No matter how poor they are, it won't reflect on their skin.
7. They have rich delicacies
8. Their men are very caring
9. Most of their housewives are loyal

Feel free to add yours. This is not an tribal war battle field. Moderator should please ban anyone taking it as such.
Re: What Is Your Experience Renting A House To Different Tribes In Nigeria by hotwax: 8:21am On Jul 20, 2016
--Igbo: Industrious but tribal
--Yoruba: Lazy

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience Renting A House To Different Tribes In Nigeria by AngelAhnie(f): 8:23am On Jul 20, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: What Is Your Experience Renting A House To Different Tribes In Nigeria by buharisbae(f): 8:34am On Jul 20, 2016
See as Igbo own long pass!
op u no just admit say u like them! grin
Re: What Is Your Experience Renting A House To Different Tribes In Nigeria by proxillin(m): 8:35am On Jul 20, 2016
buharisbae:
See as Igbo own long pass!

op u no just admit say u like them! grin

I like them. Infact I tried marrying an Igbo lady.
Re: What Is Your Experience Renting A House To Different Tribes In Nigeria by theEYe21(f): 8:37am On Jul 20, 2016
What's all these tribalistic thread on nairaland now

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience Renting A House To Different Tribes In Nigeria by hotwax: 8:42am On Jul 20, 2016
theEYe21:
What's all these tribalistic thread on nairaland now

This is objective except you are sensitive to objectivity
Re: What Is Your Experience Renting A House To Different Tribes In Nigeria by Armaggedon: 6:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
"An average Igbo is dirty"
even the biggest Igbo critic won't agree with you

(1) (Reply)

Rent In Infinity Estate Ajah.lagos (flats Of 3 Bedroom) / Hot Discounts ( Adron Homes & Properties) (ileya Promo) / Available Lands In Ibeju-lekki, Ota, Warri And Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.