Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,798 members, 7,935,412 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 09:02 AM

What I Learned In My Snail Farm About Snails. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What I Learned In My Snail Farm About Snails. (1421 Views)

Photos From My Helicicultural(snail) Farm. / See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden / Photos Of My Snail Farm In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Learned In My Snail Farm About Snails. by IDSUCCESS: 2:38pm On Jul 20, 2016
Within the time frame that I've practise snail farming, I've come to learn some things that worth sharing with other snail farmers and will be farmers. Among these are:
1.) Economic benefits.
* financial benefit. Snail farming can make you a millionaire in two years. It's a sure way to financial freedom.
1 snail of achatina fulica can give you a minimum of 1,200 in a year. If you started with 50 snails, at the end of the first year, you will have 1,200*50=60,000. If you decide to sell 30,000 snails at a price as low as #70 the following year, you'll have #2,100,000. It's more profitable than pig business.
* snail meat is the best meat ever; suitable for all ages no matter the health challenge.
2.) Starting/maintenance cost.
It does not cost much to start a snail business, neither does it cost much to maintenance. With a minimum of #10,000, you can start a snail farm.
3.) Time managenent. It does not take much of my time. Everyday, I give 20-30 minutes of my time to take care of them.
4.) Land space.
One of the problem people talk about in snail farming is sufficient land space. But through the new tebhnihue I developped I realised that with a 5ft by 3ft space, you can rear over 1,000 snails.
5.) Pest/disease.
The most common here is red fly. This fly is always waiting for me to open my snailery. And when it enters will lay her eggs on the shell of the snails, and when hatch, the larva eat up the snails and they die. Dispite the neatness of the snailery, they always there. But I do scare them with a broom. What really work wonder was when I brought in guava fruit. The aroma reallx kept them away.

1 Like

Re: What I Learned In My Snail Farm About Snails. by akankemi1(f): 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2016
Cool
Re: What I Learned In My Snail Farm About Snails. by nkemcd(m): 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2016
this needs to d hit the front page.
Re: What I Learned In My Snail Farm About Snails. by moststylish(m): 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2016
IDSUCCESS:
Within the time frame that I've practise snail farming, I've come to learn some things that worth sharing with other snail farmers and would be farmers. Among these are:
1.) Economic benefits.
* financial benefit. Snail farming can make you a millionaire in two years. It's a sure way to financial freedom.
1 snail of achatina fulica can give you a minimum of 1,200 in a year. If you started with 50 snails, at the end of the first year, you will have 1,200*50=60,000. If you decide to sell 30,000 snails at a price as low as #70 the following year, you'll have #2,100,000. It's more profitable than pig business.
* snail meat is the best meat ever; suitable for all ages no matter the health challenge.
2.) Starting/maintenance cost.
It does not cost much to start a snail business, neither does it cost much to maintenance. With a minimum of #10,000, you can start a snail farm.
3.) Time managenent. It does not take much of my time. Everyday, I give 20-30 minutes of my time to take care of them.
4.) Land space.
One of the problem people talk about in snail farming is sufficient land space. But through the new tebhnihue I developped I realised that with a 5ft by 3ft space, you can rear over 1,000 snails.
5.) Pest/disease.
The most common here is red fly. This fly is always waiting for me to open my snailery. And when it enters will lay her eggs on the shell of the snails, and when hatch, the larva eat up the snails and they die. Dispite the neatness of the snailery, they always there. But I do scare them with a broom.
just one question pls no offense, how much have you made so far from it, ur response will activate my entrepreneural spirit

2 Likes

Re: What I Learned In My Snail Farm About Snails. by IDSUCCESS: 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2016
I cannot in this forum tell you how much I've made thro it. But I can tell u that indeed, God has bless me thro it.
Re: What I Learned In My Snail Farm About Snails. by Georgville(m): 5:52pm On Jul 20, 2016
IDSUCCESS:
I cannot in this forum tell you how much I've made thro it. But I can tell u that indeed, God has bless me thro it.

Nice one Op.. please can u share some pictures of ur farm? And where can one get d AA & AF specie?

2 Likes

Re: What I Learned In My Snail Farm About Snails. by IDSUCCESS: 8:39pm On Jul 20, 2016
This is growers' snailery. We have them for sale.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Grasscutters In Akwa Ibom / Birds Repellant / Pig Farming Business Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.