Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,352 members, 7,974,473 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 05:17 AM

Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen (20167 Views)

Bag Of Rice To Sell For N10, 000 In June - Aminu Goronyo / Abia Rice To Be Launched Before The End Of 2016 (Photos) / Anambra To Begin Export Of Rice Soon – Gov. Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by 49cents(m): 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
Bolustic:

It's not that I'm not a lover of good news but I am doubting the quoted assertion.

How possible is it to plan export rice when a bag is still 15,000 naira in most part of Nigeria? Is it possible to export when you're not even self sufficient? If this is so, why is rice still being imported from Thailand, Benin and Niger Republics?

Is it that Anambra is not giving it enough publicity or what?

It's possible bro!

When you have other countries offering a higher price for the same stuff in the local stuff!

My stuff sells for $3 in East Africa whereas in Nigeria is $1.25!!!
Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by hollypagan: 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
Anambra the home of highest billionaires in Nigeria even in Africa ,capital of Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by Waspy(m): 5:33pm On Jul 21, 2016
Aregbe won't borrow a leaf from this... ..na to dey borrow money from bank upandan dey do irrelevant White éléphant projects

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by phranq(m): 5:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
amaco12:
if not buhari who for remember your rice.

d rice investment has bin on b4 Obiano came on board. Peter Obi paved d way....remember dat was during GEJ regime. please try n read extensively n get ua facts right.

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by goldeno10boy: 6:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
any time something good happens wailers will credit it to state govn. but if it is bad they blam FG
Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by bravehost4u(m): 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
mynd44isBastard:
u rugged this guy.

#Angrymanisnotahungryman
Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by Elle277(f): 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2016
That state is always a step ahead of others!..Continue the good work@ Obiano

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by Rexyl(m): 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
Seeing is believing, Anambra is serious about agriculture esp for sustainable rice production unlike some States that will promise so much but do little or nothing. I think SW States have greater capacity to produce rice but farmers are not getting the needed support.
Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by Mackson01: 8:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
Obiano, the Best governor

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
saintdennis:

What's the use of having a federal representative from ebonyi if he can't deliver federal support?

You guys need to pressure them
Am a corper serving in Ebonyi. Am not from Ebonyi. Nigerian government are really very bias.
Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by chigoizie7(m): 10:56pm On Jul 21, 2016
Bolustic:

It's not that I'm not a lover of good news but I am doubting the quoted assertion.

How possible is it to plan export rice when a bag is still 15,000 naira in most part of Nigeria? Is it possible to export when you're not even self sufficient? If this is so, why is rice still being imported from Thailand, Benin and Niger Republics?

Is it that Anambra is not giving it enough publicity or what?

Maybe u forgot the part where it said "expectations". "Near future" "targeting" "360,000 metric tonnes to sort out both local and international demands".

What am I saying? The required amount for export is not on ground @ d moment.

But, he is "expecting" to make naija "self sufficient" in " near future" and then be able to export.

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by saintdennis(m): 8:02am On Jul 22, 2016
vingeophysicist:
Am a corper serving in Ebonyi. Am not from Ebonyi. Nigerian government are really very bias.

Bro don't allow yourself fall into that cesspool of deceit created by these fake politicians.

When people vote visionless leaders they deserve what they get.

Give me governorship for 4years in ANY state and I will turnaround that state within that time period...it's not rocket science.

It's all about ur vision for your state... b4 ur criticise FG pls score the SG and it's FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES N SENATORS.
How did they perform? Answer that!

There was a thread where anambra announced they got requests to supply rice worth 300m... People were shouting "Willie is working...but they also saw FADAMA, didn't bother asking what it stands for ooo. Lols

When a governor has vision and isn't corrupt a state will progress , when both the governor and federal representatives are not corrupt and have vision the state will do wonders.

U cannot tell me Martin elechi and other ebonyi governors had any vision.
Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 22, 2016
predear:
Great...if Anambra could do this.... I wonder wat D northern governors r waiting for, wit all their vast land.
the soil type and weather condition of northern nigeria cannot favour rice cultivation
Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by Dynamitehimself(m): 10:08am On Jul 22, 2016
Willie obiano is dope
Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by mhizclaret: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2016
Proudly anamberian God bless Willie
Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by dematino(m): 6:51pm On Jul 22, 2016
But wait oo, i board a bus from Sango-otta Ogun State to Onitsha 5bags of Rice were loaded to Onitsha by 1 Anabranian business man.
sorepco:

http://sunnewsonline.com/anambra-gets-order-to-supply-n300m-worth-of-rice/
Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by tinktanker: 10:36am On Jul 25, 2016
tbaba1234:

Rice production across states is being supported by government.

11 states are currently being supported by the federal government to boost rice production in Nigeria including Anambra, Ebonyi, Kebbi... etc
rice has been produced since ages in ebonyi n Anambra long b4 now, even during obj.

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by Ejanla07: 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
ycat:
Ofada rice all the way, the rice for kings grown in Ogun, Oyo and Osun.

We Yoruba will never buy the greed-motivated genetically modified propaganda rice, eewo orisa!

sorry

Re: Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen by ycat: 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
Shut your face, just recently transitioned from tree to rust roof dweller.
Ejanla07:

sorry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports / Buy your Greenhouse structures from Agroblessing Global / Poultry Farming: A Money Spinner!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.