Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,225 members, 7,900,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:46 AM

Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos (28952 Views)

Would You Give Up Social Media To Live In This Mansion? / Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? / 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by comeandmarry: 6:43am On Jul 22, 2016
Id rather remain in Benin Dan lag.
Useless place.
Where residents wake up 4am to work and close 10pm.
Den traffic 3 hours
U get home,on d way armed robbers rob you
Lastma and wohala
Omo onile and wohala
Why struggle to live in Lagos, when you can eat sleep peaceful and start live elsewhere without traffic and scammers too many for laag.
An average lagosian is an experienced scammer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by allanphash7(m): 6:43am On Jul 22, 2016
Mushin nko ?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by Pamelayoung: 6:43am On Jul 22, 2016
I concur
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by lollmaolol(m): 6:44am On Jul 22, 2016
Lekki nko
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by power900: 6:47am On Jul 22, 2016
urchman3000:
Just have your money to invest, anywhere in LAGOS are all place to stay and be comfortable......
that's a big ass lie bro
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by DaBullIT(m): 6:47am On Jul 22, 2016
No place people can't live abeg
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by Dexema(m): 6:48am On Jul 22, 2016
Ikeja/ maryland
Ilupeju / Anthony
Gbagada
Ogudu
Magodo
VI, Lekki, Ikoyi

This is my list, I just prefer life on the mainland.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by udysweet(f): 6:48am On Jul 22, 2016
If I hear say Surulere no dey there,lol! #TeamSurulere

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by mhaztakingshi(m): 6:51am On Jul 22, 2016
mtchewwwew. ..Were is AGEGE? AWAWA BOIZ
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by uzolexis(f): 6:56am On Jul 22, 2016
mayreambarry:
The city of Lagos is unarguably one of the largest and most important cities in Africa. A former capital city of Nigeria, the city of Lagos serves as the business hub and commercial nerve centre of the country. The city stands at the forefront of economic development and is regarded as the entertainment capital of West Africa.

At the bolded, Lagos is not the largest, not even close, more like the most populated.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by glossy6(f): 6:58am On Jul 22, 2016
opeyehmmy:
D list is lubbish without Ikorodu.

Ritualists and rapists den cool cool cool
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by Dexema(m): 6:58am On Jul 22, 2016
kentro201:
Op...must be on some yaba weed. Firstly for putting VI last and also rating yaba first. ...what happened to surulere. .....oshodi...ajao estate. ....you kan dey mention magodo wey no far to ibadan...how many people dey stay VI, ...Instead say ikoyi. ...next time do your ratings well
forgot to add my hood Ajao, traffic within the estate is better now that the road to canoe has been fixed, but the issue of electricity no be here, also I like the way they outlawed commercial okada riders from the area. Ajao is close to both local and international wings of the airport, close to ikeja, direct link to the island via oshodi-anthony- gbagada axis, also a straight link to mile 2 / festac axis via cele- ijesha - apapa expressway.
Downside is its shares a border with isolo,ikotun axis.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by adesegun121(m): 7:02am On Jul 22, 2016
grin grin grin

lagos boizz

Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by djbussy(m): 7:04am On Jul 22, 2016
You are right. But Festac should be included.
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by Zico5(m): 7:07am On Jul 22, 2016
Dangerous25:
Lagos state is too small and has to merge with Ogun,Osun,ibadan,parts of ondo ,to form a world class mega city. -City 1
It would also be a good idea to build another mega city on the east coast which will encompass the landmass akwa ibom ,parts of cross river,parts of Rivers state . City 2
Abuja should be extended to merge with jos . Capital city

another mega city which will encompass kano state and parts of kaduna and jigawa states must be built . City 3

Enugu will be another mega city ,but will not have skyscrapers ,just one landmark tower like Eiffel tower . Enugu mega city will extend to it's suburbs which will encompass parts of anambra state ,imo states ,ebonyi state . City 4

the rest of the landmass outside of the above will be demolished and preserved as parks . I understand that Nigeria is an ethnic and tribal country ,but unfortunately ,everyone's village can not be developed . I think my plan above has tried to include something for everyone . every corner cannot be developed . Nigeria will never ever develop that way . I truly think tribe should be abolished because we are all just human beings and what we seek is a functioning society for all people .

reasons why Nigeria will never develop because there are 250 tribes and numerous towns , each of these want skyscrapers in their villages. it's impossible . better way: build a central city and move everyone from countryside to the cities and preserve lands as parks .
You would rarely find vast grasslands and empty lands in Nigeria because every square inch of Nigeria is someone's village .Nigeria can't develop that way.
U no make sense at all

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by Makapounse(m): 7:07am On Jul 22, 2016
ugohemma:
NO MANS LAND
Jaja Nwachukwu was the first person to said so in 1957, but na lie , na yoruba people own ham

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by klepe500: 7:12am On Jul 22, 2016
Feranchek:
Surulere!!!! Masha kilo!!! Akerele shitta!!! Small London dey feel am!!!!

Forget every other places biko, Lere is the place to live. The biggest boys live there. The half big boys live there. The small boys live there. Same applies to the gurls.

Every and anything can be found in surulere. Top Government schools like my past high school, COMMUNITY SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL, BABAJIDE. Top hospital like HAVANA in Akerele, Naija's most popular stadium NATIONAL STADIUM at stadium. Top big man club like UNION BANK SPORTS CLUB in Adeniran Ogunsanya. Second Shoprite location, also in Ogunsanya.

Others wey I miss, biko, my fellow lere peeps make una help me add dem

Forget peeps, if you norva live for surulere, bros, you norva ENJOY lasgidi!
Too much effy because na ur town make we dey run
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 22, 2016
-
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by Makapounse(m): 7:14am On Jul 22, 2016
Is good make person get work oo, which number wil you place Lekki, Ajah, Banana Island, Magoro ? You must be written this post while asleep
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by 4ward(m): 7:19am On Jul 22, 2016
issorait i hear u
mayreambarry:
The city of Lagos is unarguably one of the largest and most important cities in Africa. A former capital city of Nigeria, the city of Lagos serves as the business hub and commercial nerve centre of the country. The city stands at the forefront of economic development and is regarded as the entertainment capital of West Africa.
Lagos is perceived by many as a land of opportunities, this saying hold true as hundreds of buses filled with hopeful economic migrants from all parts of the country pull up at various parks in the city, eager to have a taste of the promise land.
Several internationally owned companies can also be seen springing up as foreign investors and tons of expatriates have seized the opportunity to set up flourishing businesses in the state.
With a rich history that can be traced back to the neo-colonial era, its role as a former capital city and its part in the struggle for independence. Lagos state has easily become the choice place to reside in Nigeria.
Choosing and getting the right place to live in the city can be a little tasking, depending on cost and proximity to major business locations.
Here is a list of some of the best places to live in Lagos:
1. Yaba:
Yaba is a relatively inexpensive neighbourhood, strategically located between the island and ikeja, the major commercial districts in Lagos. It is home to the major tertiary institutions in the state, the University of Lagos and Yaba College of Technology. Several commercial institutions and major start-ups can be seen springing up in the area, it is fast becoming a commercial treasure trove for tech businesses.
2. Ikeja:
Ikeja is the oldest serving industrial centre in Lagos. Home to various international companies and Government institutions, including the Governor’s office. Ikeja is one of the best places to live and work. It lies in close proximity to parts like Maryland and Ilupeju.
Ikeja boasts of several relaxation centres, the well visited City Mall and Murtala Muhammed Airport, the busiest airport in the country.
3. Surulere:
One of the best places to live in Lagos is Surulere. With several residential areas, several small businesses and malls springing up. The area is one of the most ideal residential locations in the state.
4. Magodo:
Magodo and its environs lie close to Ikeja axis but with little commercial activity around. It is a quiet residential area with very little traffic congestion problem. Magodo GRA Phase 2 is located just across Alausa secretariat.
5. Victoria Island:
Houses in Victoria Island are mainly for the affluent members of the society, it also serves as one of the most preferred location for large businesses and corporate headquarters. It is one of the best places to live or own a property in. Some of the Best hotels in Lagos can also be found in Victoria Island.
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by AxeurdaddyIX: 7:26am On Jul 22, 2016
purplekayc:
magodo &ikeja are trash?

Lol I wonder as well. Trash
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by kaokao2015: 7:28am On Jul 22, 2016
What About Mushin, it is the central all the city mention above,you close at your work and get to mushin through any way.
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by kaokao2015: 7:30am On Jul 22, 2016
What About Mushin, it is the central all the city mention above,you close at your work and get to your home in mushin through any way.
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by toocoded: 7:30am On Jul 22, 2016
theEYe21:
Is only VI that makes sense undecided the other places the op mentioned are trash! And I wonder why VI is number 5 instead of 1
U Don reach Ikeja ND Magodo GRA before?? ??

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by Ayomide93(m): 7:31am On Jul 22, 2016
hardbody:

Not sure you know Lagos that much. All the areas mentioned are cool and honestly VI is overrated. Check it out when it rains.

As for me, give me gbagada any day. Most central for entry and exit to any part of Lagos or even out of Lag
I so agree with you. I stay at Gbagada and you sure can link any part of Lagos from there easily. It is like centre for exit into the mainland, island and even outside of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by HomeOfMe(f): 7:31am On Jul 22, 2016
Feranchek:
Surulere!!!! Masha kilo!!! Akerele shitta!!! Small London dey feel am!!!!

Forget every other places biko, Lere is the place to live. The biggest boys live there. The half big boys live there. The small boys live there. Same applies to the gurls.

Every and anything can be found in surulere. Top Government schools like my past high school, COMMUNITY SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL, BABAJIDE. Top hospital like HAVANA in Akerele, Naija's most popular stadium NATIONAL STADIUM at stadium. Top big man club like UNION BANK SPORTS CLUB in Adeniran Ogunsanya. Second Shoprite location, also in Ogunsanya.

Others wey I miss, biko, my fellow lere peeps make una help me add dem

Forget peeps, if you norva live for surulere, bros, you norva ENJOY lasgidi!
I agree
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 22, 2016
-
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by Kakamorufu(m): 7:33am On Jul 22, 2016
ugohemma:
NO MANS LAND
rara oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by wizflower(f): 7:34am On Jul 22, 2016
Dangerous25:
Lagos state is too small and has to merge with Ogun,Osun,ibadan,parts of ondo ,to form a world class mega city. -City 1
It would also be a good idea to build another mega city on the east coast which will encompass the landmass akwa ibom ,parts of cross river,parts of Rivers state . City 2

another mega city which will encompass kano state and parts of kaduna and jigawa states must be built . City 3

Enugu will be another mega city ,but will not have skyscrapers ,just one landmark tower like Eiffel tower . Enugu mega city will extend to it's suburbs which will encompass parts of anambra state ,imo states ,ebonyi state . City 4

the rest of the landmass outside of the above will be demolished and preserved as parks . I understand that Nigeria is an ethnic and tribal country ,but unfortunately ,everyone's village can not be developed . I think my plan above has tried to include something for everyone . every corner cannot be developed . Nigeria will never ever develop that way . I truly think tribe should be abolished because we are all just human beings and what we seek is a functioning society for all people .

reasons why Nigeria will never develop because there are 250 tribes and numerous towns , each of these want skyscrapers in their villages. it's impossible . better way: build a central city and move everyone from countryside to the cities and preserve lands as parks .
You would rarely find vast grasslands and empty lands in Nigeria because every square inch of Nigeria is someone's village .Nigeria can't develop that way.
Buddy no vex but I can't fine Anambra in your map
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by Kakamorufu(m): 7:35am On Jul 22, 2016
Dangerous25:

its easier said. This involves lots of money. Which nigeria dosent boast of right now
Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by justicejay(m): 7:38am On Jul 22, 2016
ugohemma:
NO MANS LAND
Dey dere make una dey fvck urself

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos by Arebay(m): 7:40am On Jul 22, 2016
You have not lived in ikorodu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? / Building A House From Scratch Or Buying One? / Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.