Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,315 members, 7,940,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 08:51 PM

Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? (80108 Views)

Do You Sometimes Miss Your Ex (boyfriend Or Girlfriend) / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? / Everyday Seeing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by arewabirin(f): 1:33pm On Sep 18, 2009
hi nairalanders, pls i dont this is anyone's duty, it all depends on one's choice and whom u r dealing with.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nezan(m): 1:36pm On Sep 18, 2009
wetin una dey yearn sef?
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 18, 2009
Nezan:

wetin una dey yearn sef?

What will youdo for your GF?
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by tubabie(f): 2:32pm On Sep 18, 2009
What duties are we all on about? When I get married I will take on my responsibilities as a wife.
Love makes couples do a lot of things but I don't think I can stand a man who can't take care of himself basically.
What's the big deal in keeping yourself and yours clean? Food ok, I can cut a slack there but note it aint no duty, its as the occasion arises and you see the need for it. I am not saying a gal cant do all these for the man she loves but it should not be seen as a duty.
Will all these yeye talk be arising if gals learn not to cohabit?
Cos all the stuffs listed here are basic things anyone should be able to do for him/herself and that includes finances too.

1 Like

Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by KennyG6(m): 3:06pm On Sep 18, 2009
tubabie:

What duties are we all on about? When I get married I will take on my responsibilities as a wife.
Love makes couples do a lot of things but I don't think I can stand a man who can't take care of himself basically.
What's the big deal in keeping yourself and yours clean? Food ok, I can cut a slack there but note it aint no duty, its as the occasion arises and you see the need for it. I am not saying a gal cant do all these for the man she loves but it should not be seen as a duty.
Will all these yeye talk be arising if gals learn not to cohabit?
Cos all the stuffs listed here are basic things anyone should be able to do for him/herself and that includes finances too.
What yeye duty be that? Has he payed her bride price yet? He's looking for a househelp sebi?
She has no duty whatsoever beyond the voluntary role of a friend, none whatsoever! shikena
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by tubabie(f): 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2009
Kenny_G:

What yeye duty be that? Has he payed her bride price yet? He's looking for a househelp sebi?
She has no duty whatsoever beyond the voluntary role of a friend, none whatsoever! shikena
Cool!!
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 18, 2009
Oh my God so many immature people here actually agreeing with me. Uju and Deezah, cry I am sorry for this level of childishness. I thought after you attacked me so badly these members were going to grow up at once but it didn't happen. On they contrary, they started devolving and now make BOTH of you look like the IMMATURE ones.

shocked shocked shocked I am in shock.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by LordReed(m): 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2009
This is a forum n u are entitled to ur opinions in fact the reason why we here is not to see people all fall in line but see what nu tin someelse has. Now the point to this whole thread IMHO is should we do these tins whether u consider them duty or not? n for me the overwhelming consensus is yes, only everybody doesn't want to call it duty.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 18, 2009
michelin89:

Oh my God so many immature people here actually agreeing with me. Uju and Deezah, cry I am sorry for this level of childishness. I thought after you attacked me so badly these members were going to grow up at once but it didn't happen. On they contrary, they started devolving and now make BOTH of you look like the IMMATURE ones.

shocked shocked shocked I am in shock.

You know dear, we only called you immature because of the way you talk! Everybody has a right to state their opinion and I'm sure you didnt see me calling Spikedcylinder immature even though she said my ideas were quo . . qiu . .quixotic or one big grammar wey she blow

Anyway my point is that we called you immature, not your take on it!
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2009
Ujujoan:

You know dear, we only called you immature because of the way you talk! Everybody has a right to state their opinion and I'm sure you didnt see me calling Spikedcylinder immature even though she said my ideas were quo . . qiu . .quixotic or one big grammar wey she blow

Anyway my point is that we called you immature, not your take on it!

Sure and as the child I am I'll take your words as gold and nod in agreement.

Isn't it lovely to deal with children? Always nodding at you. grin
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2009
there's actually a big difference between childishness and an outright lack of manners.

One shouldnt be confused with the other.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 18, 2009
tpia.:

there's actually a big difference between childishness and an outright lack of manners.

Well, they go hand in hand. I beileve people who are matured should be able to make their point politely!

michelin89:

Sure and as the child I am I'll take your words as gold and nod in agreement.

Isn't it lovely to deal with children? Always nodding at you. grin

Not nod! State your points, whether in favour or against in a decent way!

[s]I dont mind having to spell things out to you, I do it for my younger sis all the time![/s]
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2009
tpia.:

Guess who is here! I wasn kind of feeling lonely without you.

Ujujoan:

Well, they go hand in hand. I beileve people who are matured should be able to make their point politely!

Not really sweetheart. Maturity has nothing to do with people's ways of interaction. Maybe you should visit Buckingham Palace. They'd sure treat you politely because that's what is expected of a royal household (They may actually be rude in nature). As for me, my kpako self feels the need of a free way of expression. I don't fake, so be it.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by LordReed(m): 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2009
michelin89:

Not really sweetheart. Maturity has nothing to do with people's ways of interaction. Maybe you should visit Buckingham Palace. They'd sure treat you politely because that's what is expected of a royal household (They may actually be rude in nature). As for me, my kpako self feels the need of a free way of expression. I don't fake, so be it.

Am sure u where very pleased with Serena n Kanye's outbursts.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2009
Lord_Reed:

Am sure u where very pleased with Serena n Kanye's outbursts.

I didn't even bother myself to watch it at all. I mean who cares?

You people and judging. Always casting the first stone like you have never been rude in your life before. Abeg make una let person hear word. Holy pass my foot.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by LordReed(m): 5:49pm On Sep 18, 2009
The point is rude outbursts especially in public places neva makes u out to be a sane person. It doesn't take a 'holy holy' person to know dat.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by spikedcylinder: 6:01pm On Sep 18, 2009
Ujujoan:

Everybody has a right to state their opinion and I'm sure you didnt see me calling Spikedcylinder immature even though she said my ideas were quo . . qiu . .quixotic or one big grammar wey she blow

Uju dear,

quix⋅ot⋅ic
  /kwɪkˈsɒtɪk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kwik-sot-ik]
–adjective
1. (sometimes initial capital letter) resembling or befitting Don Quixote.
2. extravagantly chivalrous or romantic; visionary, impractical, or impracticable.
3. impulsive and often rashly unpredictable.

tongue tongue
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by erico2k2(m): 6:06pm On Sep 18, 2009
this is what you will get from a typical 9ja babe who dont want to tap into the new empowerment women are entittled to, why the Hell should a guy pay for you hair and nails, what happened to your own money? if he feels he could doit then cool, not tax him as a must, IF YOU LIVE ABROAD TRY TELL YOUR B/F TO PAY FOR YOUR HAIR AND NAILS always,See what would happen, you won tget far.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by mystics(m): 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2009
water don pass under bridge yet e be like sai many people no the read Uju opening post. clearly, frm what she said, she though not mandated was speaking on behalf of both males and females. She repeatedly said guys or girls "expect". that is where my problem starts, i should do because i want to and not because she expecting and hence i would not expect she should not view it as her duty.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by mystics(m): 6:32pm On Sep 18, 2009
I must commend Uju very seriously oh cos this post has further opened my eyes to what SOME girls may expect.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by erico2k2(m): 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2009
@mystics
guy wake up, most 9ja babes thnks those mentioned in the Men's duty section is what a guy who wants thier love should do, if they cant foot the bill then they aint worth it, Sad but thats the harsh reality we live in cos this na women dependant society as regards relationship unlike where women earn thier own cash and treat themelves,I once posted a thread asking girls to say when was the last time they took thier guys out and paid the full Bills,the repkies lol your guess is as good as mine lol,I no get pass 3 girls oh,guy I tire.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by mystics(m): 6:47pm On Sep 18, 2009
erico2k2:

@mystics
guy wake up, most 9ja babes thnks those mentioned in the Men's duty section is what a guy who wants thier love should do, if they cant foot the bill then they aint worth it, Sad but thats the harsh reality we live in cos this na women dependant society as regards relationship unlike where women earn thier own cash and treat themelves,I once posted a thread asking girls to say when was the last time they took thier guys out and paid the full Bills,the repkies lol your guess is as good as mine lol,I no get pass 3 girls oh,guy I tire.

good talk my brother and nice to know you recognize this as sad. It does not become right just because they expect it. Women Dependant Society, my office must hear this. After they would go about calling for women emacipation, for what? This kind of mentality reduces women productivity, it inhibits their ability.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by erico2k2(m): 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2009
mystics,
lol its true oh, you know most girls think a guy who can afford to give them money for hair,clothes and nails truly deeply and madly love them lol Im praying for them to wise up and become thier own boss, these women who go about with the idealogy mentioned above should grow up os there is loada cash to spend these days co some guys can finance up to 10 women if nah lie go abuja lol
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by mystics(m): 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2009
@erico
Sure, if that is the duty of a man to a woman, then why should a man be faithful to one women, when one willing man can conviniently do those for more than 10 women.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by erico2k2(m): 7:09pm On Sep 18, 2009
@mystics,I wonder oh, that would be an intresting queston for the ladies, Ok Ladies where you at?
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Sauron1: 7:19pm On Sep 18, 2009
michelin89:

Guess who is here! I wasn kind of feeling lonely without you.

Are you GAY??
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Are you GAY??

Sauronnn free me ooo. File jare! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't you know along with OMO IBO she is my number one stalker?
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Sauron1: 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2009
michelin89:

Sauronnn free me ooo. File jare!  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't you know along with OMO IBO she is my number one stalker?

Tiny boobs can be sexually appealing. tongue
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Tiny boobs can be sexually appealing. tongue

It's a pity I don't find tiny carrots appealing. Sorry Sauron. tongue cheesy
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Sauron1: 8:07pm On Sep 18, 2009
michelin89:

It's a pity I don't find tiny carrots appealing. Sorry Sauron. tongue cheesy

See this one. . . . . I am saying they find YOUR tiny boobs sexually appealing.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

See this one. . . . . I am saying they find YOUR tiny boobs sexually appealing.

Well I was actually talking about YOUR OWN tiny carrot. Ahahhahah! tongue
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Sauron1: 8:24pm On Sep 18, 2009
michelin89:

Well I was actually talking about YOUR OWN tiny carrot. Ahahhahah! tongue

U know nothing about it. . . . . .so stop dreaming.
I have seen your tiny boobs and even with a padded bra, you still have 32AA boobs. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Can A Normal Guy Stay One Month Without Sex? / Ebonylips' Son: Girls In My School Are Chasing Me (photos) / Two Curvy Slay Queens Twerking Cause A Stir Online With Their Shapes And Abs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.