Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,847 members, 7,889,847 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

Religion And Morality; Does Religion Have A Foundation For Morality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion And Morality; Does Religion Have A Foundation For Morality (717 Views)

Atheists And Morality. A Question! / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality / Dialectics Of Violence And Morality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion And Morality; Does Religion Have A Foundation For Morality by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2016
What Is Morality??
Recognition of the distinction between good and evil or between right and wrong;respect for and obedience to the rules of right conduct the mental disposition or characteristic of behaving in a manner intended to produce morally good results.
And Thats All There Is To It!! I Dont See Were It Say Religion Helps Gives Morals Its Common Sense Bro

Re: Religion And Morality; Does Religion Have A Foundation For Morality by herzern(m): 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2016
I was here grin

Truth be told....what religion has done to this World is far more than what atheism could attain in 50 years

Atheism will continue with their endless research and won't brinq anything more than ASSumptions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion And Morality; Does Religion Have A Foundation For Morality by KingEbukaNaija: 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2016
Lmao .... another vacuous inchoate reason-deficient post . Please don't embarrass yourself here .

All your topics are pastiches - ideas stolen from winner01 . Very embarrassing !!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion And Morality; Does Religion Have A Foundation For Morality by herzern(m): 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
Lmao .... another vacuous inchoate reason-deficient post . Please don't embarrass yourself here .

All your topics are pastiches - ideas stolen from winner01 . Very embarrassing !!
All these your vocabularies cheesy cheesy
Re: Religion And Morality; Does Religion Have A Foundation For Morality by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Am Not Tru With Him Yet Self They Are More!!!
Re: Religion And Morality; Does Religion Have A Foundation For Morality by KingEbukaNaija: 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2016
herzern:

All these your vocabularies cheesy cheesy

No mind me . Na show off . wink grin . But when I decide to be serious , I'm inexorable , a redoubtable debater . Launching spate of opprobrious attacks against the atheists
Re: Religion And Morality; Does Religion Have A Foundation For Morality by KingEbukaNaija: 4:33pm On Jul 22, 2016
Elohim1:

Am Not Tru With Him Yet Self They Are More!!!

Please don't do that lipsrsealed . Winner's threads are elaborate , profound , impeccable enriched with facts but yours are simply an embarrassment to your religion - atheism .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion And Morality; Does Religion Have A Foundation For Morality by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Please don't do that lipsrsealed . Winner's threads are elaborate , profound , impeccable enriched with facts but yours are simply an embarrassment to your religion - atheism .

Re: Religion And Morality; Does Religion Have A Foundation For Morality by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 22, 2016
Can you say that there isn't a religious person who haven't even one time refrained from committing an immoral act on account of his belief in God
Re: Religion And Morality; Does Religion Have A Foundation For Morality by donnffd(m): 6:43pm On Jul 22, 2016
Yes, i think religion has a foundation for morality.

All the religions in the world tends to have absolute ideas on what morals; proponents of the religion should have, due to the characteristic of the religion.

Now does that mean that Morality comes from religion?!, No.

Does it mean the morals you get from your religion is the right one?!, not necessarily.

Consider this, a christian would read his/her bible and see "suffer not a witch to live", his morals of obedience would be questioned if he does not adher to this barbaric teaching. The painful thing about it is, he or she would believe he is doing the work of God and is morally upright.

Can we really say this person is immoral when he is only an obedient servant of God and doesnt know any better that witches doesnt exist?

Can we say christianity is immoral if it offers morals that are fictional in character?

Morality is complicated and i dont know all the answers, but i do know that the idea that morality comes from religions is a very wrong idea and shoud be dismerited, at the same time Religion should be appreciated when it contributes a little quote to the Morals of the society too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion And Morality; Does Religion Have A Foundation For Morality by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 22, 2016
I Wonder If This Religious Folk Will Go Around Killing Each Other If Their Religion Didn't Tell Them Its Bad

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 20/08/16 / Jehovah’s Witnesses Reach Membership Milestones / What Really Is The Purpose Behind Dis Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.