Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,395 members, 7,901,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:49 PM

Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. (33366 Views)

PAN Unveils New-generation Peugeot 3008 In Nigeria / Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists / Read This Before You Buy Another Used Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by bigiyaro(m): 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
Yes nah. Even America get parking ticket.

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by OlivetBen(m): 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
SIRKAY98:

You are pampaering him so that he will not insult u.
I don't insult

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by kolexy(m): 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:
Good move!

That will at least curb illegal parking

Reduce over-head cost of towing vehicles to LASTMA garage

Reduce traffic on our ever busy roads and also,

Increase the productivity of LASTMA as less official will be needed to monitor a road since they will only be needed to monitor and remove plate numbers.

The Lagos State Government need to procure electronic screw-drivers for them so it will be easier and faster for them to remove number plates.

Lol.....Baby Oku na bad thing oo

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:
Good move!

Increase the productivity of LASTMA as less official will be needed to monitor a road since they will only be needed to monitor and remove plate numbers.

The Lagos State Government need to procure electronic screw-drivers for them so it will be easier and faster for them to remove number plates.

It's obvious you don't drive in Lagos. Electronic screwdrivers, my ar$e. LASG is going after those establishments for parking permit fees, that's why they will also target cars parked on inner streets beside the bank. Once the businesses pay the annual fees for the allocated number of parking slots, they are generally left alone.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by lollmaolol(m): 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2016
manny4life:
Is this what Lagos has turned into? Why remove a car's plate #? I guess Lagos isn't that sophisticated to implement sophisticated systems

U never underestimate the Lagos power

2 Likes

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by Optionalx: 8:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
I wish this bull4h!t will be challenge in court especially the mobile court nonsense. Imagine being the prosecutor and the judge.

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by 4words: 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2016
AdeMoss:
My company deduct about N60k from my salary monthly as tax and remit to the government, yet a civil servant which my tax is more than his wage will tell me nonsense about illegal parking. Nonsense. Selective "justice",

With this your comment and level of reasoning I am surprised (to say the least) that you are employed.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by ebby9z(m): 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2016
saintdennis:

Lols it's for shop and go na...I don't think it's been finished yet(aint been there in 2months) but it looked like it can accommodate @least 10 vehicles? No? Well it also looked narrow to me sha.

Maybe with time they'll acquire more land?

I'm sure those omo oniles will soon sell it to someone who knows how to use it...lmaoo...cos they've stopped construction work on it. And its a smoking zone now

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by saintdennis(m): 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
ebby9z:

I'm sure those omo oniles will soon sell it to someone who knows how to use it...lmaoo...cos they've stopped construction work on it. And its a smoking zone now

Smoking zone or smoking park? Lols no b small thing.

Naija sha.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by Fidelismaria: 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2016
Eko oni baje oooooo coolEko oni baje oooooo

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2016
Op, that pic u attach there, is it from Lagos parking lot or load of tokumbo cars for sale at Cotonou
Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by ebosed: 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
project4OO:
That's what citizens get when they support lazy and incompetent unproductive idle men.

Nigeria's Public Sector is shameful. It has brought more embarrassment and harm to the country than good.

Bill Gate, Dangote, etc., did not generate their wealth in this shameful manner. Until Nigerians learn to speak up and engage only men with ideas, we'd continue to run a disgraceful, toxic and patho-bureaucratic government.

How we got the "developing" title is yet to be proven anyway. Our everyday actions reflect the idiosyncrasies of a typical underdeveloped economy.

What problem did you solve with these now. Mitchew!
Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by 8BitGee(m): 9:52pm On Jul 26, 2016
There's nothing wrong in parking by the roadside, there's however sth wrong with not being able to pay or not knowing who to pay to or worst still areas where roadside parking is not allowed.

Here you never park on double yellow lines unless you're disabled and have a blue badge. And there are time restrictions for parking on single lines. There are parking machines that issue tickets which you paste on your vehicle for wardens to check when they go round too. Residents use special permits.

So the Lagos state government must now go ahead and do the right thing. Mark roads, deploy parking ticket machines and educate their wardens on enforcement.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by odimbannamdi(m): 10:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
Its amazing how Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria (in terms of land area) but has a population that is more than twice that of some European countries. Its a case of TOO MANY PEOPLE

90% of Lagos traffic can be attributed to illegal parking on major roads occassioned by this overwhelming population and lawlessness.

With this policy now, i think people will think twice before parking, even before buying a car and ultimately think of leaving Lagos.

However, my fear is, these Lastma guys (in their characteristic over-zeaous natures) would extend this law to interior streets until we may have to start parking our cars inside our sitting room

3 Likes

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:46pm On Jul 26, 2016
symbianDON:
is it a sin to drive a car in lagos state? if the government doesn't want people to drive cars anymore I think it's just proper to let people know. the harassment and embarrassment is getting out of hand. how can you arm-twist people into paying forced fines in the name of revenue generation? it's sickening to say the least. they ought to be ashamed of themselves; those at the helms of affairs.
the judiciary in nigeria is useless to nigerians, I don't think anybody shud venture into that cursed course in the near future.

I don tire for this wasteland called 'nnigeeria sef.

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by amuokuko: 11:59pm On Jul 26, 2016
Off to OLX to sell my car before Lagos go barb me gorimakpa.

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by Excuzeme: 3:51am On Jul 27, 2016
shamecurls:
Good move!

Very BAD MOVE!

There are many things wrong and bad about this issue:

1.) People PAID their money to Obtain their PLATE NUMBERS - It is their property and when you take somebody's property without permission, its called STEALING. Those removing those plate numbers are THIEVES, albeit "official thieves".

2.) Show me the On-Street parking spaces provided by the State Govt, where people are supposed to park their vehicles.
Its cheap to blame people when you dont give them an alternative.
Lagos State Governor Ambode has travelled abroad before, can he tell us whether this is how it is done in climates where sane people are their leaders?
It is only when you give people a "reasonable alternative" and they fail to utilise it, that you can punish them for such.

3.) Their are clamping machines which can be used, instead of violating people's right and vandalising their property. Ambode and his co-Eediots are just trampling on the people's right and exploiting them, instead of going about things the proper way

4.) Forcing people to plead guilty (under threat of further harassment and victimisation) is in itself, a criminal act and it is a shame that the "Chief Judge of Lagos State" has been fingered to be part of this SCAM.

5.) Nigerians in general are too docile and NEVER develop the balls to "patiently" fight for their right.
Why is it that no one has thrown a challenge to this day-light robbery by PLEADING NOT GUILTY IN COURT?
I am sure even our 'noisy-Lawyer' will quickly plead guilty and pay-up.
Why would you plead GUILTY when you are convinced that you are NOT GUILTY as charged?

European, Americans and other developed democracies did not reach where they are, by rolling on the floor for every evil decree enacted by their Govt otherwise, they wont be where they are today.
People SACRIFICED and FOUGHT for their FREEDOM.
Nigerians seem to be the types that are too selfish, too impatient and too docile to be FREE.

FREEDOM IS NOT GIVEN, IT IS FOUGHT FOR AND WON, ... WITH BLOOD AND TEARS.

The Govt should l know that people are already pushed to the wall, when pushed further, they can VIOLENTLY LASH OUT.
Gov. Ambode should learn from the likes of Mubarak of Egypt, Alli of Tunisia and other DICTATORS that pushed the people to the wall.

Infact, Ambode is a disgrace to APC and the people of Lagos State.
We voted APC because we wanted a better Govt and one in unity with the Federal Govt, but we did not bargain for this ridiculous, lazy, immature, fat clown that is now the Governor of Lagos State.

The blame goes to Tinubu though we must agree that he pushed forward Fashola as well (who did fairly well in Lagos).
I predict that it will be because of Ambode that PDP will steal victory in Lagos.

BTW: People should start using tamper-Proof Screws (You cant unscrew them) on their Plate numbers or Just WELD the PLATE Number to the Bumper of the Vehicle.
Its getting too much. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by Excuzeme: 3:56am On Jul 27, 2016
odimbannamdi:
Its amazing how Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria (in terms of land area) but has a population that is more than twice that of some European countries. Its a case of TOO MANY PEOPLE

90% of Lagos traffic can be attributed to illegal parking on major roads occassioned by this overwhelming population and lawlessness.

With this policy now, i think people will think twice before parking, even before buying a car and ultimately think of leaving Lagos.

However, my fear is, these Lastma guys (in their characteristic over-zeaous natures) would extend this law to interior streets until we may have to start parking our cars inside our sitting room

You dont punish people just because you want to generate revenue or reduce the number of vehicles on the road.
What the Govt needs to do is to invest more in Mass Transit Options (like Light Speed Rail, Ferries, e.t.c) such that the people themselves will find it to be an "unnecessary burden", to drive to town, instead of using a more convenient, cheaper and faster public transport system.

That is how it is done in developed countries, not using FORCE, INTIMIDATION AND HARASSMENT AS A TOOL OF GOVERNANCE.

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by battleaxe: 4:45am On Jul 27, 2016
efreaky:

Based on what you wrote here, you admitted to a crime you didn't commit, yet Lagos State government is at fault? Interesting!

If he had pleaded "not guilty", their case would have been adjourned indefinitely, with the driver in custody during that time. This is the basis on which they're able to get most people to plead guilty when they're not.

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by igwegeorgiano(m): 5:38am On Jul 27, 2016
so who is to blame?

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by babestella: 5:47am On Jul 27, 2016
One day, cars will be parked in the air.

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by rhektor(m): 9:00am On Jul 27, 2016
efreaky:

Based on what you wrote here, you admitted to a crime you didn't commit, yet Lagos State government is at fault? Interesting!

I guess you just picked what interests you, did you read without bias mind? Are you here to defend the criminal government?
Must laws be made to make citizens criminals?
Foolish people like you are the reason impunity reign supreme in our society

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 27, 2016
rhektor:

I guess you just picked what interests you, did you read without bias mind? Are you here to defend the criminal government?
Must laws be made to make citizens criminals?
Foolish people like you are the reason impunity reign supreme in our society

A person walks into court, pleads guilty to a crime without a gun to his head, yet he claims he didn't commit the crime but to you I'm the foolish person? Yet I'm the person that didn't read without a bias mind? Upgrade your brain's software to the latest version and let's have this argument again.
Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by rhektor(m): 9:28am On Jul 27, 2016
efreaky:

A person walks into court, pleads guilty to a crime without a gun to his head, yet he claims he didn't commit the crime but to you I'm the foolish person? Yet I'm the person that didn't read without a bias mind? Upgrade your brain's software to the latest version and let's have this argument again.

Myabe of I tell you that your brain is an app you will deem it fit to use
Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by Maslow80: 10:00am On Jul 27, 2016
How is Lagos state government treating its citizens like this,although,I didn't blame them because they are overpopulated. I'll advise pple to stop migrating and invest in Lagos,they should come to my state to invest,No Harassment,No illegal fine,park your vehicle anywhere you like. We are expecting U!

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by shamecurls(m): 11:40am On Jul 27, 2016
Excuzeme:

Very BAD MOVE!

There are many things wrong and bad about this issue:

1.) People PAID their money to Obtain their PLATE NUMBERS - It is their property and when you take somebody's property without permission, its called STEALING. Those removing those plate numbers are THIEVES, albeit "official thieves". -He who makes the law, amends it and break it

2.) Show me the On-Street parking spaces provided by the State Govt, where people are supposed to park their vehicles.
Its cheap to blame people when you dont give them an alternative.
Lagos State Governor Ambode has travelled abroad before, can he tell us whether this is how it is done in climates where sane people are their leaders?
It is only when you give people a "reasonable alternative" and they fail to utilise it, that you can punish them for such. -Hello, No country provisions parking space on all of its roads. If you park at the wrong spot, you will be fined. It will take any government a whole budget to provide parking space on all its road. When the law is enacted, I bet you, You will surprised how you wont find people parking on the road. There is always an alternative.

3.) Their are clamping machines which can be used, instead of violating people's right and vandalising their property. Ambode and his co-Eediots are just trampling on the people's right and exploiting them, instead of going about things the proper way-Clamping machines is very welcomed, I must confess. But it still will obstruct traffic as vehicle remains stationery.

4.) Forcing people to plead guilty (under threat of further harassment and victimisation) is in itself, a criminal act and it is a shame that the "Chief Judge of Lagos State" has been fingered to be part of this SCAM. -Forcing? I dont think i can be forced to plead for what I did not do. I think is about enlightening people about there rights. But you made a point tho!

5.) Nigerians in general are too docile and NEVER develop the balls to "patiently" fight for their right.- What right re we talking about with regards to the subject matter? The Government has made a law and who ever is found guilty will face the law.
Why is it that no one has thrown a challenge to this day-light robbery by PLEADING NOT GUILTY IN COURT?- If you have proves that No one has proven not guilty, then i could buttress on that.
I am sure even our 'noisy-Lawyer' will quickly plead guilty and pay-up.- Cos they know they have violated a law made by the government
Why would you plead GUILTY when you are convinced that you are NOT GUILTY as charged?- Depends on Individual. With the way you sound, I know you wont do such blunder.

European, Americans and other developed democracies did not reach where they are, by rolling on the floor for every evil decree enacted by their Govt otherwise, they wont be where they are today.
People SACRIFICED and FOUGHT for their FREEDOM.
Nigerians seem to be the types that are too selfish, too impatient and too docile to be FREE. -[b] Its a law that exist in every developed country, Lagos State might just have chosen a different option. But trust me, You can compare the fine you incur for parking illegally in the UK and USA with that of Nigeria. Those countries bill you hard

FREEDOM IS NOT GIVEN, IT IS FOUGHT FOR AND WON, ... WITH BLOOD AND TEARS.[/b] - Its a law and not slavery and freedon does not come into the scene.

The Govt should l know that people are already pushed to the wall, when pushed further, they can VIOLENTLY LASH OUT.
Gov. Ambode should learn from the likes of Mubarak of Egypt, Alli of Tunisia and other DICTATORS that pushed the people to the wall. Hello! You taking it too far. We talking about a state law. It does not infringe upon human right

Infact, Ambode is a disgrace to APC and the people of Lagos State.- Your Opinion, Your Right!

We voted APC because we wanted a better Govt and one in unity with the Federal Govt, but we did not bargain for this ridiculous, lazy, immature, fat clown that is now the Governor of Lagos State. -Your Opinion, Your Right! Your judgement cant apply to all. Better, you could have substituted your "We" for "I"

The blame goes to Tinubu though we must agree that he pushed forward Fashola as well (who did fairly well in Lagos).
I predict that it will be because of Ambode that PDP will steal victory in Lagos. -One cant tell, Lagos electorates will decide

BTW: People should start using tamper-Proof Screws (You can unscrew them) on their Plate numbers or Just WELD the PLATE Number to the Bumper of the Vehicle.
Its getting too much. angry angry
grin grin grin The point remains that you will still be fined for parking illegally.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by blackprowler: 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
I'm really happy about this development. There's nothing I've not predicted about this country and it gladdens me when I see them coming to pass. You people should continue to pursue your own money and not be interested in government or our democracy. Keep sabotaging your fellow man to make as much as possible so as to "arrive". If anything goes wrong, just "plead guilty" as the lawyer advised and also, do 3 days' fasting and cry to God. God will solve the problem. MUMU PEOPLE
Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by laudate: 12:52am On Jul 30, 2016
chachanga:
You underestimate our law enforcement system's abilities to abuse their powers and arm-twist citizens in the process.
Have you witnessed being wrongfully charged, calmly engaging what you think is dialogue with rational people and still getting charged with "resisting arrest"?
Do you realize exhibits get doctored regularly to rope people in Nigeria?
Have you ever seen a complainant being slapped at SARS office for calling a D.I.G of Police to aid his case? I have!
Let be guided in dealing with these people. Don't let's be victims, pls.
As for them pleading guilty? Well, that's the bastardized Plea Bargaining our mobile courts understand when they want to be mischievous.
They railroad you to jail once you refuse them putting the squeeze on you!

Tell them, oh!! You will see some mumus on this thread, forming political correctness and insisting that govt is right, when the laws they claim you are even breaking do NOT even exist!

I made a right turn at Ikeja once, and some police officers in hiding just jumped in front of my car, claiming I had made a wrong turn. sad I told them there was nothing showing that people should not make a turn at that junction. They dragged me to a spot about 10 metres away from the junction, where a half-broken sign was teetering on its axis facing away from the road. No driver could have seen that sign, as it was facing the opposite direction and it was even half-broken. shocked

There was no grammar I did not speak. undecided I protested my innocence repeatedly, yet it fell on deaf ears. What they did was nothing more than a strategy to ambush unwary drivers, and extort money from them!! angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by chachanga: 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
laudate:

Tell them, oh!! You will see some mumus on this thread, forming political correctness and insisting that govt is right, when the laws they claim you are even breaking do NOT even exist!

I made a right turn at Ikeja once, and some police officers in hiding just jumped in front of my car, claiming I had made a wrong turn. sad I told them there was nothing showing that people should not make a turn at that junction. They dragged me to a spot about 10 metres away from the junction, where a half-broken sign was teetering on its axis facing away from the road. No driver could have seen that sign, as it was facing the opposite direction and it was even half-broken. shocked

There was no grammar I did not speak. undecided I protested my innocence repeatedly, yet it fell on deaf ears. What they did was nothing more than a strategy to ambush unwary drivers, and extort money from them!! angry

hahahahahahahahaha,
Ironically enough, ambush is the right word
those guys are just bushmeat hunters and the unwary citizens are the bushmeat

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by zabetti: 11:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
Don't allow LASTMA to fine you N20k for parking illegally. Park safe and secure for just N200 in computer Village and Kudirat Abiola Way, Ikeja.

Download and book your parking with Citipark App

You don't need to worry about where to park when next you are going to Computer Village or Kudirat Abiola Way Ikeja. Always use CitiPark

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.golfexodus.citipark

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CNG Price Fall To N200/scm, Markerters Unveil More Stations In Lagos / 11 Die, 8 Injured In Ondo Auto Crash (pictured Of The Vehicles) / Picture Of A Double Decker Keke Napep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.