Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,856 members, 7,906,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:22 AM

Sunderland Appoints David Moyes As New Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sunderland Appoints David Moyes As New Coach (317 Views)

Westham Confirms David Moyes As Manager For Six Month / FC Barcelona Appoints Ernesto Valverde As New Coach / Sunderland Annouce David Moyes As New Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sunderland Appoints David Moyes As New Coach by joey150(m): 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
Sunderland have appointed former Manchester United manager David Moyes as their next coach, Moyes has penned a new 4 year deal with the Black cats, a statement relaesed by Sunderland management reads:

“We are absolutely delighted to welcome David Moyes to Sunderland, who was by far and away our first choice," chairman Ellis Short said.

“He is a man whose football pedigree speaks for itself and is someone I have long admired. I have spoken with him on many occasions and I have always been hugely impressed.

"He was my number one managerial target for the last five appointments, but his desire to honour existing contracts meant we were not able to bring him to Sunderland previously. To be able to finally welcome him as our manager is fantastic news for the club.

“The fact that David has committed to a four-year deal is a clear demonstration of his belief in what he can achieve here.

"It is our aim to become a better, stronger and more stable football club and with a manager of David’s calibre and experience at the helm, we have a fantastic opportunity to begin looking upwards, rather than downwards every season”.

David Moyes also had this to say about his new club:

“I am delighted to have joined Sunderland. I am relishing the challenge and excited by the opportunity.

“I have taken over a big British club, with a great support and I’m looking forward to working in the Premier League again.

“I look forward to continuing the good work done by Sam”.
The former Everton boss has managed over 800 senior club games and coached Real Sociedad in the spanish La Liga after his short stay at Old trafford.

Moyes replaces Sam Allardyce,who recently left Sunderland to take on the English National team.

http://www.pronetotype.com/2016/07/sunderland-appoints-david-moyes-as-new.html?m=1

Re: Sunderland Appoints David Moyes As New Coach by joey150(m): 12:09pm On Jul 23, 2016
Lalasticlala,Mynd44 spread the good news.

Visit http://pronetotype.com for all the best in sports,tech and health.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With FIFA President In Abuja / This Channel Is Kicking Stronger / The United States Of America Beat Nigeria 110-66

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.