Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,284 members, 7,950,487 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:10 PM

How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. (28788 Views)

My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria / Boko Haram Kidnaps 22 Girls And Women In North-east Nigeria / Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by aresa: 10:18pm On Jul 24, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:
@aresa, aint u d tinubu guy? Ive never seen your mentor come out openly to insult a tribe/culture so where did u learn this from? Im sure u r matured, so even if someone says something wrong to u, you should in your maturity b able to reply with wisdom n calm the situation. N by d way, did u really come into d thread to spit on d discussions, cos last time I checked, t was about SOUTH EAST. #apology if I offended u with what I wrote#

1. This is a public forum where people discuss issues and exchange views and ideas, not ibo one any particular tribe forum where issues discussed are limited to any tribe.

2. I can pull up endless threads relating to issues about other places in Nigeria and even positive things like projects commissioning where predominantly trolls from the SE with nothing better to contribute or anything to show from their own villages shows up to spew negativity, hatred and bigotry so cut out the hypocrisy.

3. You people spend more time on other people's issues than you spend on your own lazy, vision less and unproductive governors with nothing to show for all the taxes and allocations collected on your behalf hence your lamentations in this thread.

4. You kill yourselves over Osun and Aregbeshola as if he's your governor or as of he's responsible for your lives when in fact he's many times more productive than all your governors combined.

5. Who is Tinubu and what's the Tinubu guy supposed to mean? Is Tinubu my Father or uncle?

6. It's not my problem that you people are obsessed with Tinubu as if Tinubu took your taxes and allocations and denied you progress or he's responsible for not building your 2nd NB.

What's the meaning of the fixation on Tinubu? Exactly what did he took from you village that drives you nuts and berserk?

7. Even with all your failures and lamentations in this thread, there's not a single word on how your vision less, lazy and unproductive governors failed you, not accountability or any questions, but if it was any governor in the SW, you have so much to say, so much hate and bigotry to spew.

smh...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by tit(f): 10:36pm On Jul 24, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Not interested in your empty talk.

That airport was built by a military administrator under military rule hence FG hence the airport remaining property of the FG.

Where is the sense and wisdom in building any airport with your own money and then turn around and hand it over to the FG.

Tell us why the airport is today federally owned.

nice one.
since it was built by the military,
he airport shuld belong to the military.
no be so?

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by DLioness(f): 10:41pm On Jul 24, 2016
saintkeppy:
. I quoted u yet i did not engage in name calling, i felt u could focus on the issue.
I know u r a Madam from the Landlock region, the OP mentioned the proposed Deep Seaport in Akwa Ibom State to show u how well informed &knowledgeable she is. A typical biz men like Igbo men will weigh their option &stick to the cheapest means of deliverin'their goods to the market to maximize profit.

You are talkin'about the stream in Abia to drown me? i laff u in Oro Language. Incase u don't know i'm an Oron man &no water can swallow me 'ETEKAMBA', we are submarine in nature. Ask anybody around u to educate u more. MARITIME ACADEMY OF NIGERIA is in my hometown, where sailors, divers are trained.
I'm a potential Subsea Engineer.

Ahbi na u wan pay Logistics cost for importers. Go &meet experts in the field to teach u the pros &the cons. Let me just pity u, a very lighter ship can struggle to berth at the so called Abia seaport that is bound to FAIL just like the state itself. FAILED SHITTY &DUSTBIN STATE OF ABIA SINCE '91.

The "Adanne" Adaure the OP is well informed than u are, yet she maintained decorum in this thread she created.

Next time u wanna quote me be polite &civil in ur approach i'm not ur mate in any way, show urself to world just like the OP, that u are well educated.
Biko ponu uso ...common clear road mek an Oro Nation man pass!
Its a command!
I cald u the name /title dt best describe ur action so u shld tnk me for honourin u wt ur title. It is the name 'landlock' dt u lik dt is y u ar strugglin to make sure nothing good comes out of nazareth Mr Enemy of progress. Wat is ur business wt our economics or cheap things for igbo men? Do I say the fact dt my neighbr lends me broom to sweep my house I shld nt buy my own broom? As an igbo leadr I ve the rit to do or tink wat is best for my ppl including the business ppl u mentiond.

U speak of decorum : I simply statd my opinion only for u to quote me to spew trash abt lil stream. U think bcs u see watr in ur oron so u dnt fear dt abia watr? I repeat the watr is capabl of swallowin u bcs u ar an enemy. God 's own state (Abia) is nt and cn nva be a failed state! There is ntn wrng wt Abia jst dt they ve nt bn lucky in the choice of their leaders. Abia is clean it is ur state dt is filled wt ppl of dirty minds lik u. I REPEAT MIND YOUR BUSINESS! As far as I remain an igbo leadr I wl do wat I feel is rit for my ppl until I leav this world.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by aresa: 10:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
tit:

nice one.
since it was built by the military,
he airport shuld belong to the military.
no be so?

Is Nigeria still under military rule? No

Ownership was transferred from the Federal Military Government to the Civilian Federal Government after military rule so it's still a federal government arrangement.

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 24, 2016
Interesting topic op, heres my piece on it smiley ;

Firstly, important to dispel of regions/nations( e.g South-east or say Nigeria) as discrete economic variables. They are made up of a jumble of productive, versatile and well performing economies, specialized-mostly supply-economies and relatively inert/inactive economies( usually on some subsidy or another).
Here the South-East is rather lucky with Anambra, Abia and to a lesser extent Imo and Enugu having what I would like to believe are versatile import replacing economies. The most prominent evidence of this trait manifesting itself in the use in popular lingo/vernacular the term 'Aba made'. Aba , Nnewi and Onitsha would be the literal engine-rooms of any economic development attempt. The areas with proper policy and nurturing would be amazing import replacement centers. And with constant interaction such a process would constantly build upon itself-self generate- with improvisations upon improvements upon improvisations. An SEDC like the op suggested should do well to promote such a dynamic. These goods would of course be sold domestically first both within the SE and in the other big markets of Lagos, PH etc, export to other similarly DC/LDDCs. Though all of this would require a cheap naira to permit the cost advantage. Dont want import channels killing the culture in its infancy.
Creative of government revenue toward infrastructural improvement- similar to what Obiano-is doing and efficient tax farming; infratsructural devt is not only essential for max production/manuf. activity it could also aid the expansion of urban areas to swallow formerly inert rural economies forcing them to serve newly found active markets. Not to mention proliferation of transplants within areas adjacent to urban lands. No one would move to where basic necessities are absent. Cost could be a killer there.
I don't know what else to put, but then again theres a lot of things to consider. Not from the SE region and lacking essential data so couldn't authoritatively speak on certain things but I feel like the production base already evident in the area can be used as a stepping stone to even greater things. Not to mention the relative absence of any overwhelming qties of distortions to import/export work balance like large resource reserves would probably give ppl in the area a true picture of what their economy is producing, what imports are being truly earned and what isn't.

3 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by pazienza(m): 11:39pm On Jul 24, 2016
saintkeppy:
. I quoted u yet i did not engage in name calling, i felt u could focus on the issue.
I know u r a Madam from the Landlock region, the OP mentioned the proposed Deep Seaport in Akwa Ibom State to show u how well informed &knowledgeable she is. A typical biz men like Igbo men will weigh their option &stick to the cheapest means of deliverin'their goods to the market to maximize profit.

You are talkin'about the stream in Abia to drown me? i laff u in Oro Language. Incase u don't know i'm an Oron man &no water can swallow me 'ETEKAMBA', we are submarine in nature. Ask anybody around u to educate u more. MARITIME ACADEMY OF NIGERIA is in my hometown, where sailors, divers are trained.
I'm a potential Subsea Engineer.

Ahbi na u wan pay Logistics cost for importers. Go &meet experts in the field to teach u the pros &the cons. Let me just pity u, a very lighter ship can struggle to berth at the so called Abia seaport that is bound to FAIL just like the state itself. FAILED SHITTY &DUSTBIN STATE OF ABIA SINCE '91.

The "Adanne" Adaure the OP is well informed than u are, yet she maintained decorum in this thread she created.

Next time u wanna quote me be polite &civil in ur approach i'm not ur mate in any way, show urself to world just like the OP, that u are well educated.
Biko ponu uso ...common clear road mek an Oro Nation man pass!
Its a command!

Now, you have got my attention.

How exactly is Abia state a failed state? In what aspect of human endeavour does Akwa ibom or Your Oro nation lead Abia state?

What exactly do you mean by a landlocked region?

Obuaku seaport is a possibility all it needs to be viable is Will on the part of Igbo nation.

I have soft spot for Akwa Ibom and Cross River people, so I would hold my peace for now, as I await your answers to my above questions.

4 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:02am On Jul 25, 2016
aresa:

1. This is a public forum where people discuss issues and exchange views and ideas, not ibo one any particular tribe forum where issues discussed are limited to any tribe.

2. I can pull up endless threads relating to issues about other places in Nigeria and even positive things like projects commissioning where predominantly trolls from the SE with nothing better to contribute or anything to show from their own villages shows up to spew negativity, hatred and bigotry so cut out the hypocrisy.

3. You people spend more time on other people's issues than you spend on your own lazy, vision less and unproductive governors with nothing to show for all the taxes and allocations collected on your behalf hence your lamentations in this thread.

4. You kill yourselves over Osun and Aregbeshola as if he's your governor or as of he's responsible for your lives when in fact he's many times more productive than all your governors combined.

5. Who is Tinubu and what's the Tinubu guy supposed to mean? Is Tinubu my Father or uncle?

6. It's not my problem that you people are obsessed with Tinubu as if Tinubu took your taxes and allocations and denied you progress or he's responsible for not building your 2nd NB.

What's the meaning of the fixation on Tinubu? Exactly what did he took from you village that drives you nuts and berserk?

7. Even with all your failures and lamentations in this thread, there's not a single word on how your vision less, lazy and unproductive governors failed you, not accountability or any questions, but if it was any governor in the SW, you have so much to say, so much hate and bigotry to spew.

smh...

@ Aresa, Im really sorry cos t seems I offended u with what I said, apologies. Personally, I dont shield them when they r wrong n if u go through my other posts, ull c that I commend SW governors when they do right like when Aregbe commissioned d school with Wole Soyinka's bust in front of t n whenever Ambode does good things, which he seems to have taken as a hobby.

As for the Tinubu mention, seems I mistook u for someone else, n I cant c where I insulted Him for u to come at me this way. No matter what people think, I actually respect him cos very few people have and can accomplish what he has done

N next time, can u please direct your attacks at me rather than call a governor who happens to b someone's father bad names.... my upbringing taught me that there r ways to correct an elder rather than insult my elders no matter what they do....

I apologize again for all d energy I made u spend to write such a long article to attack me n S.E governors #SORRY#

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by AmuDimpka: 1:03am On Jul 25, 2016
excel4us:
THAT WAS HOW SAM MBAKWE AIRPORT. WE CAN DO IT WITH GOOD HEADS.

It's unfortunate that okorocha had taken the mantle fro mhim
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:40am On Jul 25, 2016
kashflynn:
Does your house generator, generate up to 30,000volt... Please do ur finding nd stop quoting ppl comment ignorantly...

all you need is to stay off the grid and it's nothing but a bigass generator
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Omoluabi16(m): 9:00am On Jul 25, 2016
More grease to your elbow nwanyi oma. Brilliant piece.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 25, 2016
Adaure4ever:
One Of My Deep passionate dreams is to see a well developed South East Geopolitical Zone.
South East comprise of 5 states, Abia, Enugu, Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi and for this states to be developed, they need to be centralized and united in planning.

Number 1
Setting Up A South East Developing Cooperation(SEDC) that will be sponsored by the 5 SE Governors and will have their branch offices in every states in the south east.

Number two
Opening Up A Joint saving Account Of The 5 SE States where
a) a deposit of atleast 200million per state governor will be made every month.
200million x 5 states=1 Billion per month
b)50million per month by the 15 senators in South East.
50million x 15= 750million per month
c) 10million per month by the 30
Federal house of reps from South East.
10millionx 30= 300million per month.
----
NOW ADD THEM UP TOGETHER= 1 Billion plus 750million plus 300million= 2 billion,50million naira.
----
Then if SEDC realise approximately 2 billion per month, multiply it by 12month= 24billion naira.
Multiply the yearly 24billion naira by 10years = 240Billion naira.
Thats means that 240billion naira will be in South East Development Cooperation(SEDC) account in just a span of 5years upon establishment.
---
- With 240billion invested in South East, will it not develop the Geopolitical zone the more, make it a hot investment zone and attract Igbo business men back.
For example,
- 1. If Akwa Ibom state completes its seaport, SEDC can build a Light Rail project from Aba to The seaport in Akwa Ibom, in order to boost up a close importation and revive south east economy.
---
- 2. SEDC can build a multipurpose industrial park in Nnewi, investors are on ground to key into the project.

----
- 3. SEDC can pull investors to invest in Enugu Coal inorder to Power up the South East. Enugu coal can serve the 5SE states in constant electricity for up to 100years.

----
- 4. SEDC can launch and build an Agro-industrial and processing zone in Ebonyi state inorder to tap into their Agricultural potential and create jobs.

----
- 5. SEDC can turn Owerri into an Educational and Tourism base in SE.
A University that will be international standard can be built in Imo and the tourism potential of the state harnessed like the oguta lake.
----
- 6. SEDC can fix SE federal roads by itself.
IGBOS, We are a unique people, let us look inward and develop the south east.
We are on our own in this country- Adaure4ever

Ada di ora nma, keep reppin...
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2016
Adaure4ever:
One Of My Deep passionate dreams is to see a well developed South East Geopolitical Zone.
South East comprise of 5 states, Abia, Enugu, Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi and for this states to be developed, they need to be centralized and united in planning.

Number 1
Setting Up A South East Developing Cooperation(SEDC) that will be sponsored by the 5 SE Governors and will have their branch offices in every states in the south east.

Number two
Opening Up A Joint saving Account Of The 5 SE States where
a) a deposit of atleast 200million per state governor will be made every month.
200million x 5 states=1 Billion per month
b)50million per month by the 15 senators in South East.
50million x 15= 750million per month
c) 10million per month by the 30
Federal house of reps from South East.
10millionx 30= 300million per month.
----
NOW ADD THEM UP TOGETHER= 1 Billion plus 750million plus 300million= 2 billion,50million naira.
----
Then if SEDC realise approximately 2 billion per month, multiply it by 12month= 24billion naira.
Multiply the yearly 24billion naira by 10years = 240Billion naira.
Thats means that 240billion naira will be in South East Development Cooperation(SEDC) account in just a span of 5years upon establishment.
---
- With 240billion invested in South East, will it not develop the Geopolitical zone the more, make it a hot investment zone and attract Igbo business men back.
For example,
- 1. If Akwa Ibom state completes its seaport, SEDC can build a Light Rail project from Aba to The seaport in Akwa Ibom, in order to boost up a close importation and revive south east economy.
---
- 2. SEDC can build a multipurpose industrial park in Nnewi, investors are on ground to key into the project.

----
- 3. SEDC can pull investors to invest in Enugu Coal inorder to Power up the South East. Enugu coal can serve the 5SE states in constant electricity for up to 100years.

----
- 4. SEDC can launch and build an Agro-industrial and processing zone in Ebonyi state inorder to tap into their Agricultural potential and create jobs.

----
- 5. SEDC can turn Owerri into an Educational and Tourism base in SE.
A University that will be international standard can be built in Imo and the tourism potential of the state harnessed like the oguta lake.
----
- 6. SEDC can fix SE federal roads by itself.
IGBOS, We are a unique people, let us look inward and develop the south east.
We are on our own in this country- Adaure4ever

This is a brilliant idea. I'm currently working on a web application that will allow for data collection, constituency management, etc. I bet that will help in moving this idea further in regard to ali-Igbo.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Silentmind(m): 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2016
Nne5:

The bolded is soooo very correct.
I'd advice she focused on bettering her life instead because if she continues with this,higher powers and the powers that be will frustrate her efforts.

She isn't the first person with the idea.And she surely will not be the last the powers would frustrate.

Her ideas would only work if Nigeria changed for good.
And I don't think that would happen anytime soon.

Ma'am, your ideology is the major reason why the whole region is still backward. I know its difficult, but don't make humans look like gods.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by kaboninc(m): 3:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
trillville:
Op, your ideas are very good. Nigeria as a whole needs thinkers like you and not just the south east.

However, the main Issue with your idea is the source of funding. If the governors, the senators and the house of rep members were to contribute out of their monthly earnings, the financial guru employed at SEDC will mismanage the funds with the knowledge that nothing will happen to him/her.

We nigerians will burn a thief who steals our personal goods in the market, but when it is oil money (government funds) that is stolen, we admire the thief and pray to God to put us in the position to chop our own share.

Back to the topic.
If funding can be gotten from the masses, not matter how little, nobody will mismanage the funds and escape punishment. There is strength in numbers and it would shock you that the igbo nation as a whole would contribute much more than government officials can.

LOL!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by trillville(m): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2016
kaboninc:

LOL!!!
Why LOL?

Have you never heard of taxes?
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by saintkeppy(m): 6:27am On Jul 29, 2016
DLioness:
I cald u the name /title dt best describe ur action so u shld tnk me for honourin u wt ur title. It is the name 'landlock' dt u lik dt is y u ar strugglin to make sure nothing good comes out of nazareth Mr Enemy of progress. Wat is ur business wt our economics or cheap things for igbo men? Do I say the fact dt my neighbr lends me broom to sweep my house I shld nt buy my own broom? As an igbo leadr I ve the rit to do or tink wat is best for my ppl including the business ppl u mentiond.

U speak of decorum : I simply statd my opinion only for u to quote me to spew trash abt lil stream. U think bcs u see watr in ur oron so u dnt fear dt abia watr? I repeat the watr is capabl of swallowin u bcs u ar an enemy. God 's own state (Abia) is nt and cn nva be a failed state! There is ntn wrng wt Abia jst dt they ve nt bn lucky in the choice of their leaders. Abia is clean it is ur state dt is filled wt ppl of dirty minds lik u. I REPEAT MIND YOUR BUSINESS! As far as I remain an igbo leadr I wl do wat I feel is rit for my ppl until I leav this world.
. Babe, are u from Abia?
You already know, that State remain a shitty state, until something drastical is done about it. Come let me take u round, maybe u are not on ground, God's own state indeed. Its a pity, Abia state should have set the pace of Developments for other states to follow just has its the 1st state on the Nigerian list of states, cos they have what it takes. Some states in the north don't have half of what ur Abia state has, but have been able to deliver dividends of democracy since '99.

Even if i called that failed Obuaku seaport a lil stream, ur response should have been polite as a leader(i doubt) u claim to be, u would educate me more about the so called seaport for the benefit of others. Go &ask ur people what Landlock means. U dont call me enemy of progress, cos u don't know me in person at all. Sometimes people can make a jest of something &u don't just quote people with abusive words becos of that at the 1st place. Make e no come be lyk say, na u wan die ontop d'maTTa! Lots of people on this particular thread have viewed my comments and choose to ignore me or they have a better understandin'of the message i'm tryna put accross.
Until the Obuaku seaport is developed to INTERNATIONAL STANDARD with Auxilliary Facilities &operational b4 u get my thumbs up!
If not? I will still remind u on this forum.

Incase u don't know i'm progressive in nature, i love Igbos, no hate of any kind. not because they're our Neigbours, but the enterprizin'spirit &seems to drive the economy of any particular area/state they find themselves. Once again, I respect the OP for coming up with such brilliant ideas, she has the interest of her region at heart, meaning if given an opportunity, she can bring on board some solutions. So pls do better next time. Thanx!
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by DLioness(f): 9:47am On Jul 29, 2016
saintkeppy:
. Babe, are u from Abia?
You already know, that State remain a shitty state, until something drastical is done about it. Come let me take u round, maybe u are not on ground, God's own state indeed. Its a pity, Abia state should have set the pace of Developments for other states to follow just has its the 1st state on the Nigerian list of states, cos they have what it takes. Some states in the north don't have half of what ur Abia state has, but have been able to deliver dividends of democracy since '99.

Even if i called that failed Obuaku seaport a lil stream, ur response should have been polite as a leader(i doubt) u claim to be, u would educate me more about the so called seaport for the benefit of others. Go &ask ur people what Landlock means. U dont call me enemy of progress, cos u don't know me in person at all. Sometimes people can make a jest of something &u don't just quote people with abusive words becos of that at the 1st place. Make e no come be lyk say, na u wan die ontop d'maTTa! Lots of people on this particular thread have viewed my comments and choose to ignore me or they have a better understandin'of the message i'm tryna put accross.
Until the Obuaku seaport is developed to INTERNATIONAL STANDARD with Auxilliary Facilities &operational b4 u get my thumbs up!
If not? I will still remind u on this forum.

Incase u don't know i'm progressive in nature, i love Igbos, no hate of any kind. not because they're our Neigbours, but the enterprizin'spirit &seems to drive the economy of any particular area/state they find themselves. Once again, I respect the OP for coming up with such brilliant ideas, she has the interest of her region at heart, meaning if given an opportunity, she can bring on board some solutions. So pls do better next time. Thanx!
The same way u claim Abia is a shitty state is the same way ur Akwaibm was (abi is sef) a shitty state jst dt u latr got it right in leadrship dats the same tin I am teln u abt Abia. Abia's problm is dt dy ve nt gottn it rit wt gvnors lik Anambra.

Bsides if u ar so boarded abt shitty states, perhaps u shld look to hlp ur state ppl who ar mostly doin house maid and drivrs here in ph. Nt until quite recently, a whole lot of ur akwaibomites live in the shadow of calabar go and rescue the remainin and stop spewin trash abt Abia. You quoted me b4 sayin lil stream or watever and nw u ar sayn I shld ve ignored. YOU INVITED MY COMMENTS BY QUOTING ME IN THE FIRST INSTANCE! As for first comment, u wer nt polite urslf as dt comment does nt qualify as constructive criticism bt vindictive and hateful comment.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by saintkeppy(m): 1:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
DLioness:
The same way u claim Abia is a shitty state is the same way ur Akwaibm was (abi is sef) a shitty state jst dt u latr got it right in leadrship dats the same tin I am teln u abt Abia. Abia's problm is dt dy ve nt gottn it rit wt gvnors lik Anambra.

Bsides if u ar so boarded abt shitty states, perhaps u shld look to hlp ur state ppl who ar mostly doin house maid and drivrs here in ph. Nt until quite recently, a whole lot of ur akwaibomites live in the shadow of calabar go and rescue the remainin and stop spewin trash abt Abia. You quoted me b4 sayin lil stream or watever and nw u ar sayn I shld ve ignored. YOU INVITED MY COMMENTS BY QUOTING ME IN THE FIRST INSTANCE! As for first comment, u wer nt polite urslf as dt comment does nt qualify as constructive criticism bt vindictive and hateful comment.
. This thread don turn to Abia &Akwa Ibom thread ahbi Topic. Lol ...Story of the past, how many of our pple doin'house maids now? Even before Free &compulsory policy that killed it naturally. Get ur facts &figures right babe. Besides its better to engage in a legitimate menial jobs which every tribe have at some point been involved. Which is better than to steal &get killed prematurely, we choose to take life jeje than to involve in shameful drugs &other illegal biz known, while we hope for the best. Educationally we are advanced &Abia is down the peckin'order. I feel proud to see our pple doin'well in their chosen professional field of expertise. Law, Medcine, Engineering, sciences,Banking, nollywood, artists etc, we have a handful our indigenes includin'me over the years, proved &doin'absolutely well both home &abroad. AKWA IBOM ADO OK!

A lot of our people livin' in the shadows of calabar? Should i say that u don't know history? Pls do ur research, incase u don't know we contributed &also pull the strings in Calabar, my birth place, many houses &businesses are owned by our indigenes in calabar, which happens to be the 1st Naija's capital b4 Lasgidi, We dominate UNICAL&CRUTECH, not our fault cos we have the sense of dominion. 1 time MiLAD &past civilian gov'nors of Old Cross River State were from CR Mainland now Akwa Ibom State.
Most of these past leaders are immortised in calabar &nationwide. The portrait u see in ur 1000naira note, our highest currency denomination, Chief Clement Nyong Isong Was former CBN &CRS Gov'nor.
The calabar stadium was named after Bridg.Gen U.J ESUENE an Eket man from Akwa Ibom state &other too numerous to mention.
The current Senate Minority Leader is our former Gov'nor &guess what? He's a 1st timer, which is not always easy like that.
We get the highest allocation monthly from FG &our current Gov'nor is tryin'his to appropriate it well despite Economic challenges.
Would love to take you round Calabar, take u to the nooks &cranny of the city, so i can show u things u probably u never knew. AKS&CRS are 1. Love binds us 2geda, we competes interms of development, democratic dividends.

I wish u and ur Abia state well, atleast i spent a couple of ma early childhood years in Aba b4 i went back to Calabar back then, its has been ages &funny how time flies.

Igbo kwenu!
Abia kwenu!
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by DLioness(f): 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
saintkeppy:
. This thread don turn to Abia &Akwa Ibom thread ahbi Topic. Lol ...Story of the past, how many of our pple doin'house maids now? Even before Free &compulsory policy that killed it naturally. Get ur facts &figures right babe. Besides its better to engage in a legitimate menial jobs which every tribe have at some point been involved. Which is better than to steal &get killed prematurely, we choose to take life jeje than to involve in shameful drugs &other illegal biz known, while we hope for the best. Educationally we are advanced &Abia is down the peckin'order. I feel proud to see our pple doin'well in their chosen professional field of expertise. Law, Medcine, Engineering, sciences,Banking, nollywood, artists etc, we have a handful our indigenes includin'me over the years, proved &doin'absolutely well both home &abroad. AKWA IBOM ADO OK!

A lot of our people livin' in the shadows of calabar? Should i say that u don't know history? Pls do ur research, incase u don't know we contributed &also pull the strings in Calabar, my birth place, many houses &businesses are owned by our indigenes in calabar, which happens to be the 1st Naija's capital b4 Lasgidi, We dominate UNICAL&CRUTECH, not our fault cos we have the sense of dominion. 1 time MiLAD &past civilian gov'nors of Old Cross River State were from CR Mainland now Akwa Ibom State.
Most of these past leaders are immortised in calabar &nationwide. The portrait u see in ur 1000naira note, our highest currency denomination, Chief Clement Nyong Isong Was former CBN &CRS Gov'nor.
The calabar stadium was named after Bridg.Gen U.J ESUENE an Eket man from Akwa Ibom state &other too numerous to mention.
The current Senate Minority Leader is our former Gov'nor &guess what? He's a 1st timer, which is not always easy like that.
We get the highest allocation monthly from FG &our current Gov'nor is tryin'his to appropriate it well despite Economic challenges.
Would love to take you round Calabar, take u to the nooks &cranny of the city, so i can show u things u probably u never knew. AKS&CRS are 1. Love binds us 2geda, we competes interms of development, democratic dividends.

I wish u and ur Abia state well, atleast i spent a couple of ma early childhood years in Aba b4 i went back to Calabar back then, its has been ages &funny how time flies.

Igbo kwenu!
Abia kwenu!
You ar wrong to tink Abia is 'down the peckin' order' educationally. It shows u ar nt current. Abia was the overall bst (Nigeria) in WAEC 2015 and was 2nd bst in WAEC 2013, 2014 after Anambra. It is Akwaibom that cn bst be described as struggln to be abv average educationally. So get ur facts rit.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by arushiuga(m): 4:34pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nwanyi a ana kpo Adaure4ever Umu Igbo obula ma na ibughi oganiru igbo n obi. Amara mu na ibu sabo.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by saintkeppy(m): 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
DLioness:
You ar wrong to tink Abia is 'down the peckin' order' educationally. It shows u ar nt current. Abia was the overall bst (Nigeria) in WAEC 2015 and was 2nd bst in WAEC 2013, 2014 after Anambra. It is Akwaibom that cn bst be described as struggln to be abv average educationally. So get ur facts rit.
. Pecking order dont necessary mean ur Abia state is outta'rank. Abia state tops Akwa Ibom state based on alphabetically ordered on the list of top states. Lol my state struggled above average? i just dey laff u, i'm a product of good education offered in my state except for my uni. Edu. How Exams miracle centres was closed down in Anambra? Ur state Abia is also notorious for special centres&many young school leavers lacks quality. To have 9A's in Waec is a Guarantee in Abia as long as u have the money. Ur Abia state is characterized by decayed educational facilities. But thank God for good private skools to remedy the situation. Akwa Ibom State is both educationaly advantage &developed state with higher institutions of Learning couple with Free &Compulsory Education policy for anybody residing in the state.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by DLioness(f): 1:43am On Jul 30, 2016
saintkeppy:
. Pecking order dont necessary mean ur Abia state is outta'rank. Abia state tops Akwa Ibom state based on alphabetically ordered on the list of top states. Lol my state struggled above average? i just dey laff u, i'm a product of good education offered in my state except for my uni. Edu. How Exams miracle centres was closed down in Anambra? Ur state Abia is also notorious for special centres&many young school leavers lacks quality. To have 9A's in Waec is a Guarantee in Abia as long as u have the money. Ur Abia state is characterized by decayed educational facilities. But thank God for good private skools to remedy the situation. Akwa Ibom State is both educationaly advantage &developed state with higher institutions of Learning couple with Free &Compulsory Education policy for anybody residing in the state.
Which state in Nigeria cn u categorically point out nt to ve miracle centres? Bsides u ar funny to opine dt it is miracle centres that made Abia top. Do nt underestimate the I. Q of an average Abian. The cut-off mark for common entrance in Abia is always the highest or secnd highest in Nigeria so tel me which miracle centres was set up for those kids? Or phaps this time arnd u wl say magical centres? I PUT IT TO YOU that ABIA has always bn bst IN WAEC IN NIGERIA nt bcs of ur purpotd miracle centres OR exams malpractice bt bcs of the Abian - will - power and the blesings of Chukwu. You speak of quality of the stdnts ; the last bar result from the Nigerian Law School was xterised by scarcity of first class ppl as usual, bt Abians constituted a majority of the limitd numbr of the first class. Governor Ikpeazu gav them 1million naira each.

I see u ve equally added Anambra to ur delusionary comments, dnt evn go there.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by nabiz(m): 3:15am On Jul 30, 2016
I love this idea. I am in for what ever will develope south east. I am ready to make my own sacrify. If the commision is created and they are tested to be honest in financial management, believe me we have personality that will make good donations. I personally from the little that i earn will sacrify at least 5k every month. What we need is sincerity in finacial management and every other things will become story.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by saintkeppy(m): 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
DLioness:
Which state in Nigeria cn u categorically point out nt to ve miracle centres? Bsides u ar funny to opine dt it is miracle centres that made Abia top. Do nt underestimate the I. Q of an average Abian. The cut-off mark for common entrance in Abia is always the highest or secnd highest in Nigeria so tel me which miracle centres was set up for those kids? Or phaps this time arnd u wl say magical centres? I PUT IT TO YOU that ABIA has always bn bst IN WAEC IN NIGERIA nt bcs of ur purpotd miracle centres OR exams malpractice bt bcs of the Abian - will - power and the blesings of Chukwu. You speak of quality of the stdnts ; the last bar result from the Nigerian Law School was xterised by scarcity of first class ppl as usual, bt Abians constituted a majority of the limitd numbr of the first class. Governor Ikpeazu gav them 1million naira each.

I see u ve equally added Anambra to ur delusionary comments, dnt evn go there.
. My comments are not delusionary babe, Ofcourse, no state without such centres, but few, but Abia &Anambra are notorious. It was reported that 486 miracle exam centres were closed down in Anambra state alone, and this was in news, notable national dalies covered this as captions. #Fact

Common entrance to which school? Pls be precise. The miracle centres i'm talkin'about is secondary schools where o'level xams are taken.

I don't under-estimate an average Abian at all. I have them as friends &Igbos generally, even back then in my university days, we crack jokes, club &we drank beer 2geda, it was fun, I like &mixup them &i like u too.
The issue of IQ either high or low starts from the basics or foundations.

Our indigenes have also made their mark exceedingly great in Nigerian Law Schools over the years. And they have been rewarded accordingly by our state govt. Notably when Chief(Barr) Godswill Akpabio was gov'nor for 8yrs, now a senator &Senate Minority Leader. He donated cash prizes, Laptops to not only Nig.Law skool AKS students but AKS Law undergraduates across the nation at every academic session, Medical students inclusive. Cos he himself (Godswill) is a distinguished Law alumnus from the prestegious UNICAL &Nigerian Law School, Lagos.

If any doubt about my comments that seems delusionary, i give u geniune links to it or better still, take u round with a sense of hospitality we are all known for, so that u can see, feel &touch where necessary.

I can see the love u have for ur state Abia. Which part are u from?

To be frank with u, i want to see Abia prosper, they have the IGR. A dual road linking Ikot Ekpene to Aba, Umuahia to facilitate economic growth btw the 2 neigbouring states.

Our former gov'nor, Akpabio initiated the idea but ur former gov'nor opted out sightin' FG road that he can't spent state funds on it. At the moment no direct road from Uyo to Aba. The last 8yrs in Abia state was a complete mediocre govt. But with the good performance so far by the current gov'nor at the helm of affairs, u can only hope, he sustains the tempo.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by DLioness(f): 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
saintkeppy:
. My comments are not delusionary babe, Ofcourse, no state without such centres, but few, but Abia &Anambra are notorious. It was reported that 486 miracle exam centres were closed down in Anambra state alone, and this was in news, notable national dalies covered this as captions. #Fact

Common entrance to which school? Pls be precise. The miracle centres i'm talkin'about is secondary schools where o'level xams are taken.

I don't under-estimate an average Abian at all. I have them as friends &Igbos generally, even back then in my university days, we crack jokes, club &we drank beer 2geda, it was fun, I like &mixup them &i like u too.
The issue of IQ either high or low starts from the basics or foundations.

Our indigenes have also made their mark exceedingly great in Nigerian Law Schools over the years. And they have been rewarded accordingly by our state govt. Notably when Chief(Barr) Godswill Akpabio was gov'nor for 8yrs, now a senator &Senate Minority Leader. He donated cash prizes, Laptops to not only Nig.Law skool AKS students but AKS Law undergraduates across the nation at every academic session, Medical students inclusive. Cos he himself (Godswill) is a distinguished Law alumnus from the prestegious UNICAL &Nigerian Law School, Lagos.

If any doubt about my comments that seems delusionary, i give u geniune links to it or better still, take u round with a sense of hospitality we are all known for, so that u can see, feel &touch where necessary.

I can see the love u have for ur state Abia. Which part are u from?

To be frank with u, i want to see Abia prosper, they have the IGR. A dual road linking Ikot Ekpene to Aba, Umuahia to facilitate economic growth btw the 2 neigbouring states.

Our former gov'nor, Akpabio initiated the idea but ur former gov'nor opted out sightin' FG road that he can't spent state funds on it. At the moment no direct road from Uyo to Aba. The last 8yrs in Abia state was a complete mediocre govt. But with the good performance so far by the current gov'nor at the helm of affairs, u can only hope, he sustains the tempo.
Neither Abia nor Anambra is 'notorious' for any miracle centres. If it wer so, I guess that shld ve bn regardd as a central prblm jst the way we hear bokoharam, fulani herdsmen, militancy etc seriously deliberated and tackled in nija. Who and who is 'notoriousing' the centres is it you?
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by saintkeppy(m): 11:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
DLioness:
Neither Abia nor Anambra is 'notorious' for any miracle centres. If it wer so, I guess that shld ve bn regardd as a central prblm jst the way we hear bokoharam, fulani herdsmen, militancy etc seriously deliberated and tackled in nija. Who and who is 'notoriousing' the centres is it you?
. Not me, 486 centres in 1 state is a hugh numbers ma dear, if u ask me.
It is known and blacklisted.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by DLioness(f): 12:33am On Aug 01, 2016
saintkeppy:
. Not me, 486 centres in 1 state is a hugh numbers ma dear, if u ask me.
It is known and blacklisted.
ve u boarded to tak the census of those of other states lik Lagos? Bsides dnt u think 486 could be an exaggeratd numbr by the press jst the way u exaggeratd and said Abia water is lil stream? U did nt evn go to Anambra to see wda truly if there ar 486 bt u chose to believ hook line and sinker.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by saintkeppy(m): 11:44am On Aug 02, 2016
DLioness:
ve u boarded to tak the census of those of other states lik Lagos? Bsides dnt u think 486 could be an exaggeratd numbr by the press jst the way u exaggeratd and said Abia water is lil stream? U did nt evn go to Anambra to see wda truly if there ar 486 bt u chose to believ hook line and sinker.
. Babe! It was official, the Gov'nor ordered its closures until something drastic is done about it. Some states, including my own state can go unnoticed, Cos in exams cases like this moderation is the key, no be to overdo &attract unnecessary crowd &attention of examination bodies. U feel me? Nice arguments from you. Lol grin
DLioness:
. Babe! It was official, the Gov'nor ordered its closures until something drastic is done about it. Some states, including my own state can go unnoticed, Cos in exams cases like this moderation is the key, no be to overdo &attract unnecessary crowd &attention of examination bodies. U feel me? Nice arguments from you. Lol
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by DLioness(f): 1:18am On Aug 03, 2016
saintkeppy:
. Babe! It was official, the Gov'nor ordered its closures until something drastic is done about it. Some states, including my own state can go unnoticed, Cos in exams cases like this moderation is the key, no be to overdo &attract unnecessary crowd &attention of examination bodies. U feel me? Nice arguments from you. Lol grin. Babe! It was official, the Gov'nor ordered its closures until something drastic is done about it. Some states, including my own state can go unnoticed, Cos in exams cases like this moderation is the key, no be to overdo &attract unnecessary crowd &attention of examination bodies. U feel me? Nice arguments from you. Lol
No wat u shld say is sm states lik ur state ve chosen to live in hypocrisy which is worse. Hypocrisy is a terribl sin, remembr Jesus always rebuked the pharisees and scribes bcs of their acute hypocrisy. I suggest u talk to ur gvnr to desist from dt. The gvnr of Anambra did wat he did bcs he is a visionary leadr and nt lik the states u made referenc to.

Mtchwwww y do u tink I shld feel u sef?
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by maxman01: 2:22am On Aug 03, 2016
I support ur idea but I will like I to b ran or managed by past reputable world leaders dat r not Nigerians eg bill clition, tonu bliar, koffi Ana, Japan, etc let dem b paid salaries n let dem handle or manage it for 4 years den we put anoda past credibule leader dat r not nigerians

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'Declare Zamfara State Of Emergency' - Nigerians Tell Buhari On Twitter / British High Commission Officials To Meet Nnamdi Kanu In Detention / Garba Shehu Get Your Records Straight- Niger Delta Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.