Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,250 members, 7,880,931 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:29 AM

PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano (1049 Views)

Demolition Of Illegal Shops At Agric, Ikorodu Lagos (Photos) / Fire Razes Ijeh Police Station In Lagos (Photos) / Suicide Bomber Who Hid IEDs In Stabilizer At Sabon Gari Jidari Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano by lordkit400: 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2016

Mysterious fire has destroyed at least 804 makeshift-shops in the popularly Sabon-Gari market, in Kano.The fire, according to victims, started in the early hours of Saturday when traders were still at home.It was learnt that the fire started from the Gida Maggi section and spread to other parts.

The recent fire incident is the third in seven months in the same market, raising suspicion of a possible deliberate attempt by arsonist.

On Saturday March 26, 2016, the market was gutted by fire which around 12:30am and destroyed property worth millions of Naira.

On Thursday, December 3, 2015, over 100 shops were razed down at the furniture section of the market.

Source:http://www.flexygist.com/2016/07/23/photo-fire-razes-804-shops-at-sabon-gari-market-in-kano/
Re: PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano by lordkit400: 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano by Built2last: 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano by Ratello: 7:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
To think this is where my Igbo brethren have their wares is quite alarming. Somebody, somewhere is being sponsored by someone to carry out this dastardly act. God is real and he will vindicate the IGBOS!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano by alexiej(m): 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
And as usual, our ever ready nigerian fire fighters were there on time to save the day..... Mtcheeww. angry angry
Re: PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano by SlayerSupreme: 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
Very sad. Look at investments burnt to ashes. *Smh*
Re: PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano by jay2pee(m): 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2016
Hmmmmm.... This is a market that is dominated by the igbos..... Na wa oooo.... I smell something fishing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano by diegwu01: 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2016
jay2pee:
Hmmmmm.... This is a market that is dominated by the igbos..... Na wa oooo.... I smell something fishing
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano by legendarystar: 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2016
Ratello:
To think this is where my Igbo brethren have their wares is quite alarming. Somebody, somewhere is being sponsored by someone to carry out this dastardly act. God is real and he will vindicate the IGBOS!

why are u people to tribal, selfish and self centered....
what prof do u have to show that this very market is 99.9% Igbo's stop being myopic... u Igbo's always thinks Igbos silly fellows.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano by colosa: 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
God is their strength,to lose such at this time. Heeee na waooooooo
Re: PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano by nnahernest(m): 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
I RESIDE IN KANO,IT IS THROUGH THAT THE GIDAN MAGGI DOWN ARE DOMINATED BY THE IGBOS BUT MY DEAR,IT IS NOT A TRIBALISTIC THING,THE LAST FIRE OUTBREAK DESTROYED ALL THE HAUSA GUYS PROPERTIES, NOBODY HEARD OF SUCH,PLEASE DONT BE TRIBALISTIC AND SARCASTIC WITH YOUR STATEMENT
LEST I FORGET AM A PROUDLY IGBO,I JUST LEFT THE SCENE NOW,MY OKAZI AND EGUSI CUSTOMER OOO,I PITY HER.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano by Victorvexz(m): 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
Ratello:
See this Ipob miscreant. So every shop that burn in the north is Igbo shop. Where is ur evidence to prove that the majority of people who own shop there are igbos. U have being fed enough lies in that ur radio Biafra that northerners are illiterates, so it's not possible for them to be successful traders or own shops, rather it is igbos that are suppose to have shop,because they are the most intelligent tribe in Nigeria. Yimu
Re: PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano by DaBullIT(m): 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
I knew at least one eerdyot will claim the lost tribes were targetted , looks like i was right
Re: PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano by iamDiabolic(m): 9:12pm On Jul 23, 2016
Nawa oh,my prayers goes to the shop owners God wud replenish them,but where our fire fighters they shuu

Meanwhile people from land of the crash-landing sun are crying victimization again
Re: PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano by willi926(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
Na every time dis market dey catch fire. Sometin is fishy somewhere oo.
Re: PHOTO: Fire Razes 804 Shops At Sabon Gari Market In Kano by MrDavidson: 9:51pm On Jul 23, 2016
Kwankwaso should be probed. He's a suspect. He might be using his rift with the Governor to cause all these palava to innocent people.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari On Course To Make One Naira Equal To One Dollar / This Is An Act Of Hatred &politically Motivated For Accusing Me As NDA Sponsor / How The Devaluation Of Naira And Inflation In Dollar Exchange Rate Can Help You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.