Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,459 members, 7,964,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 11:26 PM

Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari (1640 Views)

Jonathan, Diezani Named In Italian ‘kickback’ Probe (the Guardian) / Probe The Reported Killing Of 150 Biafra Agitators – South East Senators / Why Babangida, Gusau Removed Me From Power – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by buharifraud: 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari
has said he was removed
from office 31 years ago
because he was planning to
purge the military hierarchy
of corruption.
Mr. Buhari, who has not
spared the military even in
his ongoing anti-corruption
war, said senior military
leaders, led by former
military president, General
Ibrahim Babangida and
General Aliyu Gusau,
removed him in August 1985,
to save themselves from his
wrath.
In an exclusive interview
published in the current
edition of The Interview
magazine, Mr. Buhari
challenged Messrs Babangida
and Gusau to tell the truth on
why they carried out the
coup against him.
“I learnt,” he said, “that
Aliyu Gusau, who was in
charge of intelligence, took
import licence from the
ministry of commerce which
was in charge of supplies
and gave it to Alhaji Mai
Deribe.
“It was worth N100,000, a
lot of money at that time. I
confronted them and took the
case to the Army council in a
memo…I wanted Gusau
punished.”
In a statement on
www.theinterview.com.ng, the
Managing Director/Editor-in-
chief of The Interview, Azu
Ishiekwene, said, “This is
one edition that won’t let
sleeping dogs lie.”
Mr. Babangida had told The
Interview in its December
edition that there was
nothing in the memo which Mr.
Buhari said he submitted to
the Army council.
“Don’t forget that I was one
of Buhari’s closest aides. I
was the chief of army staff.
So, I had an important
position, an important role to
play within that
administration. I don’t think it
had to do with a memo,” Mr.
Babangida said.
But in a tone which revealed
that the past may neither
have been forgotten nor
forgiven, Mr. Buhari
challenged Messrs Babangida
and Gusau to come clean on
why they removed him,
asking The Interview to
choose whose story to
believe.
He also fielded questions
about his health, the 2016
budget, the pace of his
government, former
President Goodluck Jonathan
and why Babatunde Fashola
was handed three ministerial
portfolios.
The edition also features
interviews with Liberian
presidential hopeful, Winston
Tubman, and retired Justice
Dahiru Saleh, the
controversial judge whose
court nailed June 12.
And in an interview which
indicates that the battle for
2019 could be well and truly
underway, pharmacist and
rotarian, Mike Omotosho,
reveals his ambition for the
Kwara State Government
House.
His road map would give
rivals sleepless nights, Mr.
Ishiekwene said.
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/207426-babangida-gusau-removed-power-buhari.html
Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by buharifraud: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
That is a big lie. You were overthrown because you had ruled the country into total collapse.

3 Likes

Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by blackpanda: 5:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
Nigeria will not get another President like Buhari faultless, sincere and honest. Even those making noise and wailing today will be the first to regret when he is gone. For a man to run a military govt blamelessly without looting, Buhari is a miracle!

6 Likes

Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by richybanky(m): 5:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
Buhari and probe ar like dis cheesy grin grin

Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by WhoRUDeceiving: 5:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
Is he not ashamed of himself. He says 31 years ago? And know he wants to continue his misrule so that his grand daddy unman Dan Fodio agenda can continue to be implemented

1 Like

Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by dullardeen(m): 5:24pm On Jul 24, 2016
Removed in a palace coup!

Only a dullard can achieve this feat!!
Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by idupaul: 5:30pm On Jul 24, 2016
Last year I would have believed this but after witnessing your gross incompetence first hand after you wasted my vote I am sure you were ousted because of gross incompetence and delusions of grandeur sir.

3 Likes

Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 24, 2016
That worthless scoundrel of a former military president who institutionalized corruption as the defining principle of the Nigerian state is currently paying for his crimes thru ill health. What he suspended in 1985 is in progress in spite of him today. The Nigerian people ended up winning afterall
Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by mrvitalis(m): 5:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
idupaul:
Last year I would have believed this but after witnessing your gross incompetence first hand after you wasted my vote I am sure you were ousted because of gross incompetence and delusions of grandeur sir.
No country development is Done by miracles... The man has till 2019
And please try to read up why we are here and the possible solutions... Then maybe u will be a little more understanding...
Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by idupaul: 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2016
mrvitalis:

No country development is Done by miracles... The man has till 2019
And please try to read up why we are here and the possible solutions... Then maybe u will be a little more understanding...

Bro we are on his second year already and by next year the man will start concentrating on his reelection again ..He was sworn in the same day with Governor Ambode and within a 12 weeks Ambode had shown Lagosians that his govt was going to be worth vote . Till now Buhari doesn't stir hope with his presence he only complains and still hasn't shown is even a tiny plan of how he can improve anything. .I am a good judge of people and take my words to the market Buhari will not achieve much because he doesn't have what it takes to do so

5 Likes

Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by Jirate(m): 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2016
When are you going to Probe Inflation, Economic Recession, Fulani Herdsmen Invasion just to name a few. cool
Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2016
This time na impeachment..........by bu.......sa.....k
Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by greatgod2012(f): 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
This man has always been probing and probing, but the economic hardship has always been the result of his continuous probing.

All his fight against corruption as always been at the expense of good economic policies.

Well, I'm still hopeful sha.
Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by Adminisher: 6:09pm On Jul 24, 2016
dullardeen:
Removed in a palace coup!

Only a dullard can achieve this feat!!
Only a mong related Ibo will not see the courage, self sacrifice and uprightNess in this move. The most inferror tribe in Nigeria . The tribe without principles, courage, high mindedness and ideology.
45 million empty souls with hungry pockets

1 Like

Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by greatgod2012(f): 6:13pm On Jul 24, 2016
Jirate:
When are you going to Probe Inflation, Economic Recession, Fulani Herdsmen Invasion just to name a few. cool

I wonder o!

The economy has always been the one suffering for his probings.

What I see is a leader who is and has always been defensive.

If one is to go by his antecedents, nothing in the economy is going to be working right, but I believe in miracles sha.

1 Like

Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2016
Please FIX this country, we are tired of PROBES without measures
Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by id911(m): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2016
I just hope there are other Babangida and Gusau around now to kick you out from power again so that your nepotism, bigotry, impunity, total disregard to our diversity, etc, will not put our nation into crisis
Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by malele(m): 6:28pm On Jul 24, 2016
idupaul:

Bro we are on his second year already and by next year the man will start concentrating on his reelection again ..He was sworn in the same day with Governor Ambode and within a 12 weeks Ambode had shown Lagosians that his govt was going to be worth vote . Till now Buhari doesn't stir hope with his presence he only complains and still hasn't shown is even a tiny plan of how he can improve anything. .I am a good judge of people and take my words to the market Buhari will not achieve much because he doesn't have what it takes to do so

10000 likes
Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by mrvitalis(m): 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2016
idupaul:

Comparing a state that had very good structure to a country that was deep into recession and no reserves to defend her selfs show how much understand the Nigerian problem
We are fighting for our life's now bro
We depended on oil for years... And never built a reserve for a year like this
This man has made nnpc a profitable organisation
The custom and inland revenue now contribute more than oil
The have power station being built across the nation and we have signed contracts for the construction of many more
This man is on the verge of signing a contract that will free up ajokuta for investment and Repositioning
This man is Repositioning our rail system
Our reserves have been growing even at this bad times... Excess crude account is growing
Please if u can't connect all this things then I don't know what else u want
Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by id911(m): 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2016
mrvitalis:

Comparing a state that had very good structure to a country that was deep into recession and no reserves to defend her selfs show how much understand the Nigerian problem
We are fighting for our life's now bro
We depended on oil for years... And never built a reserve for a year like this
This man has made nnpc a profitable organisation
The custom and inland revenue now contribute more than oil
The have power station being built across the nation and we have signed contracts for the construction of many more
This man is on the verge of signing a contract that will free up ajokuta for investment and Repositioning
This man is Repositioning our rail system
Our reserves have been growing even at this bad times... Excess crude account is growing
Please if u can't connect all this things then I don't know what else u want

I know you guys are paid to support this incompetent govt full of propaganda and lies but i know posterity will judge us all
Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by xavier0327(f): 6:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
Buhari abeg make we hear word!!!! Who your probe epp?
Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 24, 2016
Buhari could within the next few weeks become the most popular president in the history of Nigeria if he suddenly start sharing money like Dasuki. That is what most people are used to and that is why Nigeria is not moving forward.
Gowon knew it, Babangida knew it, Jonathan embraced it.
Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by Domislaz(m): 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2016
Can someone please tell Mr President that this is 2016

2 Likes

Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by Acidosis(m): 7:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
Foolishness gone wrong

If all Managers and CEOs spend their time probing, no company will survive 2 years in Lagos.

I wonder how this man thinks. Put the right measures in place, and no one will be able to steal. Everybody is corrupt, everybody will always be corrupt, you can't change that if given 1000 years to rule.

A wise leader would rather block all red tapes and bureaucratic platforms for looting. You cannot stop people from stealing by probing, you can only block the loopholes and opportunities. However, a f00l will continue to threaten people with Kuje prison. Kuje will never stop people from stealing. In fact the thought of earning N20k monthly while a SINator somewhere earns N2m/monthly for doing nothing is the main reason some will take to the streets to steal.

Build a society that promotes fairness, equity, rule of law, and justice, and all will be well!

You would be very stup!d to think you can effortlessly recruit your sons and daughters in CBN, and expect the less privilege to stick with meagre pays without extorting anyone. You have done your own, let them do theirs too. Who hypocrisy epp?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by dfav: 7:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
Plx will this news move Nigeria out of the current recession if yes then it worth discussion if no.. plx can buhari jst keep quiet and face his current job.
Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by greatgod2012(f): 8:24pm On Jul 24, 2016
Acidosis:
Foolishness gone wrong

If all Managers and CEOs spend their time probing, no company will survive 2 years in Lagos.

I wonder how this man thinks. Put the right measures in place, and no one will be able to steal. Everybody is corrupt, everybody will always be corrupt, you can't change that if given 1000 years to rule.

A wise leader would rather block all red tapes and bureaucratic platforms for looting. You cannot stop people from stealing by probing, you can only block the loopholes and opportunities. However, a f00l will continue to threaten people with Kuje prison. Kuje will never stop people from stealing. In fact the thought of earning N20k monthly while a SINator somewhere earns N2m/monthly for doing nothing is the main reason some will take to the streets to steal.

Build a society that promotes fairness, equity, rule of law, and justice, and all will be well!

You would be very stup!d to think you can effortlessly recruit your sons and daughters in CBN, and expect the less privilege to stick with meagre pays without extorting anyone. You have done your own, let them do theirs too. Who hypocrisy epp?

You have just said the mind of so many reasonable Nigerians.

May God continue to increase your wisdom.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by gebest: 9:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
we just pray for history not to repeat itself again because the way u are going now my hand no dey.
Re: Babangida Removed Me From Power Because I Wanted To Probe The Military: Buhari by bayelsaowei(m): 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
I just tire for this guy....na this very guy people go gather to vote for...how him probe Don epp our economy.....and knowing this hypocrite came through a coup just as he came through apc in recent times is why I just don't like him...He comes through a corrupt platform but intends to fight corruption...Buhari is such a gigantic hypocrite...

(1) (Reply)

Will You Vote For An Atheist? / See How Much Each State Got From Federation Account In July2016 / Nigerian Air Force Officers Pushing Official Bus On Adeola Odeku, VI, Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.