Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,136 members, 7,928,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 02:46 PM

Let's Learn Sewing(tohimah Online Fashion School) - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Learn Sewing(tohimah Online Fashion School) (27014 Views)

Lets Learn Sewing / Call On Us For A Responsive Online Fashion Store Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Learn Sewing(tohimah Online Fashion School) by Burntcoal(f): 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
good job. looking forward to more lessons
Re: Let's Learn Sewing(tohimah Online Fashion School) by Debbiemma(f): 5:24pm On Nov 30, 2016
Please oo, what happened, let's start naa.
Re: Let's Learn Sewing(tohimah Online Fashion School) by LearnFashionEas: 10:42am On Feb 17, 2017
Do you dream of becoming a great fashion designer but cannot afford the time and money required to be one? 

The LearnFashionEasy Collection can help you overcome all your excuses or reasons and off course make you the fashion designer you've always dreamt about. 

The materials are perfect for beginners
*NO PRIOR FASHION KNOWLEDGE OR SKILLS REQUIRED*

With your hardwork (You have to study and practice) and determination, you are set to fly.

So what are you having in the LearnFashionEasy Collection, You may be asking??

1. 152 Ebooks on all things fashion covering topics in Bags, Clothing Technology, Draping, Fabric Design, Couture and Embellishment, Fashion Designing and Business, Fashion Drawing and Illustration, Lutterloh System, Pattern Drafting, Sewing and Dressmaking

2. 62 Sewing Techniques VIDEOS on Welt Pocket, Button and Button Hole, Godet, Pleats, Button Band and Cuff, Different Seams Techniques, Different Zipper techniques, Different Pocket Techniques, Different Lining Techniques , Different Shirt parts, NeckLines, Fringe, Pintucking, etc

3. Video Series on ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR for FASHION DESIGN on Drawing Flats and Creating Brushes (100+ videos)

PRICE: N5,000

Delivery within Lagos METROPOLIS and Abuja for just N500 

If you reside outside Lagos and Abuja, you can order for it from our Konga store and pay on delivery

konga.com/learnfashioneasy

This has been put into 2 DVD of over 8GB File size for easy extraction. 
Kindly note these discs won't play on your DVD player but you would need to use a PC to extract the files

For more info : 
Email: learnfashioneasy@gmail.com
Phone: 08060176151
Whatsapp: 08060176151
BBM: 5149585C 
Konga Store: konga.com/learnfashioneasy (Just type LearnFashionEasy in the search bar)

......learn fashion at your pace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Learn Sewing(tohimah Online Fashion School) by princessrahy(f): 12:05pm On Feb 01, 2018
Enrol for any of our online courses this February;

Freehand method of garment construction class for three months from basic to advanced
Pattern making method of garment from construction course from basic to advanced for three months (class include sewing)
Kids wears course in freehand and pattern making method of garment construction for three months
Full female wears course (9 months including fashion business )
Full female wears course (including bridals ) (1 year)

Notes and videos will be used for teaching.

What are you waiting for , class is a one on one not a group class.
Whatapp 07064347172 to book your class.

1 Like

Re: Let's Learn Sewing(tohimah Online Fashion School) by princessrahy(f): 12:05pm On Feb 01, 2018
launching of our online "let's learn sewing series." Subscription class , we are starting this February.
This is an avenue where you can learn sewing wherever you want , when ever you want and how you want it.
Sound interesting?

Courses to be taken includes
Freehand method of garment construction
This will be from beginners to the advanced level,
Pattern making method of garment construction
Sewing lessons
Fashion illustrations
Male wears from beginners to advanced level, using freehand method and pattern drafting will be taught
Kids wears
Fashion business
Fashion lectures

Imagine learning all these on one platform the way you want it.

Notes, videos, illustrations will be used to teach, one on one interaction with the teachers. What are you waiting for?
Subscribe for this class now
Monthly : 2500
Quarterly : 9000
Yearly : 25000.

What are you waiting for?
Whatapp the admin
07064347172 for subscription.
Re: Let's Learn Sewing(tohimah Online Fashion School) by princessrahy(f): 12:09pm On Feb 01, 2018
Pattern making Tools
We don't have to get all the curve rulers and all the tools we see on the internet for pattern drafting before we draft a pattern.
Yes you heard me right.

Basic tools needed to draft a pattern include:

Pattern paper
Pattern master (this can serve as a curve ruler e.g hip curve, armhole curve , etc)
Long ruler
Tape
Tracing wheel
Pattern paper scissors
Pencil
Eraser

Now try and recognise each of the tools below by naming them in the comment box.

And so we can make our first pattern

Re: Let's Learn Sewing(tohimah Online Fashion School) by TFeminist(f): 8:45pm On Feb 18, 2018
Babe of life. Biko continue this great thread.
princessrahy:
Pattern making Tools
We don't have to get all the curve rulers and all the tools we see on the internet for pattern drafting before we draft a pattern.
Yes you heard me right.

Basic tools needed to draft a pattern include:

Pattern paper
Pattern master (this can serve as a curve ruler e.g hip curve, armhole curve , etc)
Long ruler
Tape
Tracing wheel
Pattern paper scissors
Pencil
Eraser

Now try and recognise each of the tools below by naming them in the comment box.

And so we can make our first pattern
Re: Let's Learn Sewing(tohimah Online Fashion School) by princessrahy(f): 2:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
Watch this video and see how I drafted my basic skirt sloper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Wld4Dn58g
Re: Let's Learn Sewing(tohimah Online Fashion School) by princessrahy(f): 2:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
For an efficient work, a patternmaker must have the proper tools in order to work accurately and perfectly. So we are going to take a look at some required tools for patternmaking and their uses. The following tools are the essential tools for a patternmaker. 1. Pattern maker 2. Pins 3. Scissors 4. Pen, pencils and marker 5. Rulers 6. Curves rulers (hip curve, French curve, vary curve). 7. Stapler 8. Tape 9. Tailor’s chalk 10. Measuring tape The above are the basic tools, now let us take a look at all the patternmaking tools and their functions. 1. All pins: All pins are fine, long, rust proof pins. Used for attaching muslin pieces together and for draping. Used to fasten parts and pieces of pattern paper. 2. Magnetic pin holder / pin cushion: Used to hold pins. 3. Muslin: A plain weave fabric made from bleached or unbleached yarns which vary in weight and in texture. Used to experiment and develop design concepts. 4. Push pins: Drum shaped 1/2" long p” used for pivoting and transferring points. Used to hold pattern pieces and fabric on table.

5. Tracing wheel: An instrument with small serrated or needle point wheel mounted on one end of a handle. Used for transferring markings from paper patterns on the muslin” 6. Tailor chalk: 11/2" X 11/2" square of white or coloured chalk of wax. Used for marking on fabric. 7. Notcher: Cuts a narrow U shape on pattern used to indicate seam allowance, centrelines, ease and dart intake. 8. 12" / 24" scale: Long ruler 12" / 24" metal or plastic. Used to mark straight lines to measure. 9. Measuring tape : Metal tipped narrow, firmly woven double tape of cloth or plastic usually 60" long (150cm) marked with both inches and centimetres. 10. Grading scale: 2" X 18" transparent straight plastic with grid in inches and fraction of inches (or millimetres) ruler. 11. Pencil: Used to mark lines in developing the muslin, pattern or sloper. 12. L-square: Plastic or metal ruler with two arms at right angles of varying lengths usually 12" and 24". Used to square off corners. Establish perpendicular lines, reference paints and lines. 13. Dress form: A standardized duplication of a human torso, cotton padded and canvas covered, set on a movable, light adjustable stand and compressible shoulders and sloper. Used to take measurements, develop pattern, fit garment samples to alter garments, to establish style lines for the garment. 14. Pattern paper : Strong white paper available in variety of weights and widths. 15. Newsprint paper : Used for rough drafts.
16. Thick brown paper: Strong brown papers for finished pattern. Used for preliminary patterns drafting and development of the final pattern. 17. Sloper/master/block/basic pattern making: A pattern of a garment, without style lines, or seam allowance developed from specific measurements of a given size, dress forms. Used as tool from which other patterns may be developed, to facilitate the development of original styles and to develop various bodices, skirt, dress, pants, sleeve designs. 18. Carbon paper : Coated paper on one side with white or coloured wax, used to transfer marking on fabric or paper. 19. Transparent tape : A clear plastic narrow continuous stripes with an adhesive surface on one side, available in roll. Used to hold paper pieces and mend tears. 20. Paper shears/scissors : A cutting instrument, ranging in size from 8" to 12", with two sharply pointed straight blades. Used to cut paper patterns. 21. Tailor’s shears : A cutting instrument ranging in size from 12" to 16" with two wide blades. Used to cut fabric and muslin. 22. Magnet: A high carbon alloy steel that has a property of attracting iron and steel can be of any shape. Used to pick up pins and needles. 23. Pin cushion : A small firmly stuffed pillow made in a variety of shapes and sizes. Used to hold pins, needles for easy accessibility and storage. 24. Curves curves  French curve: used for shaping armhole and necklines  Sleigh curves: used for shaping neclines, armholes, pockets, collars and curves.
 Hip curve: for shaping of hips, lapels, and hem  Vary form curve to blend and shape armhole necklines. 25. Stapler and remover: prevents pattern from slipping when working on more than one pattern papers. 26. Awl: used for piercing hole in a pattern to indicate the end of darts, pockets, and button hole placements.
Re: Let's Learn Sewing(tohimah Online Fashion School) by Familoye: 8:53pm On Apr 05, 2018
How can I get ur ebook? I stay in Abuja.
Re: Let's Learn Sewing(tohimah Online Fashion School) by SensaGreene: 8:15am On Apr 09, 2018
Used 44S singer sewing machine for sale. Great working condition, used for only 6months. Electric sewing machine.

Whatsapp 0813256057

Re: Let's Learn Sewing(tohimah Online Fashion School) by princessrahy(f): 2:15pm On May 29, 2020
Hello , I am back
Re: Let's Learn Sewing(tohimah Online Fashion School) by princessrahy(f): 2:16pm On May 29, 2020
DIARY OF A TAILOR TO BE

Chapter 1

SEARCH AND FIND

it was a hot afternoon and I am tired, seeing the large sign board in the front gave me hope, I know this might be the last place I will check before the evening runs out, it was almost four and I will have to get back home very soon before I am declared lost, I trust my mother for that, I had been out of the house as early as seven!

What was I even looking for? To my mum, I was busy looking for job, she want me to get one as quickly as possible and had even told all her friends about me, everyone keep promising they would be on the lookout for me, but nothing seem forthcoming! It was not funny at all.

Sometimes I feel probably the plan was not get a job. It was not easy staying at home all day especially when my cousins who were behind me in school then are already working and some has cars! I know how mummy feels when they asked her about me! In fact I pity that poor woman, my dad does not really care about the rush, all that matters to him is that you are fine, in fact he sent pocket money for the month into my account the day before and even pretended he didn’t to my mum, it is our secret, I know she would feel so bad when she get to know.

Every parents want their children to go to school, be the top of their class, graduate, find a job (a very lucrative one), get married in that order, some parents even want more, graduate, get a master degree or even an MBA, get a million dollar job, get married to the prince charming, join the big leagues, have the kids and be the talk of the town, well that is what my mum wanted! It was her dream for all of us, Dad provide the money and as an obedient daughter that I am, I did all that… surprise? I am a graduate of economics from that almighty University! I went back for my MBA! I graduated, did my ICEN! So you can call me a chartered Economist! And that was two years ago!

“How come you aren’t employed? Was what everyone do ask of me!

The story is just like that of every other youths who was unemployed, some employers told us we are over qualified and some offer us a salary that would make us cry, believe me, I cried sometimes after interview! The top companies wont employ us without any links, you have to know someone to bring you in, not even when you graduate with the first class from Harvard!

“Take it dear!” my mum would say but I know I won’t, so I never take any and the pressure keep increasing.

“You have to start something with your life.” My mum said to me the several days before and I realized, she is right. I think about it all night wondering what to do, then an idea stuck me early that morning, become the boss!

Now I am thinking like that motivation speaker abi?
I was one of the best in my class, I know all the interviewers I have meant know I am good, so if they do not find mw worthy! Perhaps it was because they are scared of me, I resolved.
I closed my eyes and think of what area I can command!

Catering? My mum will slap me for that! I am not a foodie, not ever fancy me about it, I know I am a good cook, at least I cook and everyone eat without complains but I never think of having a career there!
Makeup artist? No

Event Manager! No

Okay, fashion design? Well,…. Yes, I think I can take that, I am a fashion lover, in fact the plan is to have a basic knowledge to know how to make some basic garments for myself during NYSC but I never get that time and so I didn’t do anything about it.
Hmmm, I sighed, It was one of the areas everyone seem to be rushing into these days, we have over fifteen of them on my street!

Was that the best idea? I asked myself but I know that area was the best for me, because I know myself, however I prayed over it, I need God intervention.

I remembered a Professor word,

“in any thing you do, be the best you can be for that is the greatest weapon between you and your competitors. “
Exactly and I know that is what I must do, I just have to try to be the best…

To be continued...

1 Like

Re: Let's Learn Sewing(tohimah Online Fashion School) by Angie30: 3:13am On Jul 10, 2020
Nice one. Please continue
Re: Let's Learn Sewing(tohimah Online Fashion School) by Taett: 10:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hi guys. Please do check out my YouTube channel where I create sewing + patternmaking and overall dressmaking content. You can start with this tutorial on the cowl neckline. I hope you enjoy and hope to see you in my comments. The channel is Atolagbe Oginni.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGW71O_rcLM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tight Jeans Are Bad For Guys' Testicles - TV Doctor / Chidimma Adetshina Withdraws From Miss South Africa Competition / Boys Use Tyres To Make Sandals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.