Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,248 members, 7,928,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 10:26 PM

A Husband's Dilemma - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Husband's Dilemma (479 Views)

Lady Wants Boyfriend That Will Keep Her Till She Gets A Husband. See Replies / 28-Year-Old Lawyer In Abuja Is Looking For A Husband (Photo) / Covenant University Graduate Searching For A Husband Lists Specifications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Husband's Dilemma by EllaNkay: 11:00am On Jul 25, 2016
A family friend's husband decided on his own to retire at 40 years. Before then his wife was a stay home mum, because they had two little children 6 and 8 that needed to be looked after. Just after his retirement, his wife got a very good job with a fat salary that can take care of the home while the man focuses on developing his business. Since his wife will be earning more than him at the moment his friends began to advice him not to allow her take on the job as she will later become proud and uncontrollable. This also meant that he (the husband) will be a 'STAY AT HOME DAD', as he would be taking care of the children, the house chores etc while the wife takes care of the finances. His friends are seriously advising him against it as he would be mocked and be called 'HOUSE HUSBAND' by people. What do you think about this.
Re: A Husband's Dilemma by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 25, 2016

lol.grin

i don't get why guys think ALL women would Automatically Grow pride from God-knows-where If they so much As earn More than the man they're married to. I think it's just insecurities speaking. undecided

A lady that truly loves and Respect you would understand the need to switch cliché gender roles and not take it for granted. All that should matter is The family's well taken care of.

The stereotypic-thingy that A woman must stay at home whilst the husband fend for the family's getting so Cliché. Marriage shouldn't be a battle of the sexes. Whichever gender earns more should be the one providing...

3 Likes

Re: A Husband's Dilemma by Essence6055: 11:34am On Jul 25, 2016
It totally depends on the relationship the man and his wife has at the moment and where they are seeing themselves in ten years to come....

The man should understand that he is not going to be a stay at home dad forever as he is developing his own business. (Now that makes the money from the wife useful... As he can use it as capital) ...

Before the man jumps into conclusion on the advise of his friends... He should first understand his wife... Is she a cultured and respectful woman.... Is she easily moved by money, anger or other emotions...v

And then the man should also understand himself.... Would he be able to live knowing that his wife is the breadwinner... Would his ego/pride allow him to survive on that....

Once all these questions are answered by the man himself..... I believe this problem can be solved...

Kindly follow me and I will follow you
Re: A Husband's Dilemma by lenposh(f): 11:42am On Jul 25, 2016
Not women are proud, it all depends on how strong the love is.
Re: A Husband's Dilemma by EllaNkay: 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
i guess they have their reasons for thinking that women turn out to be proud in situations like this.

(1) (Reply)

Caption This. / Behaviour Of Funny Guys In A Relationship / Reasons Why Some Marriages/relationships Do Not Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.