Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,837 members, 7,886,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:20 AM

Heaven Help Those Who Help Themselves Is Not A Biblical Word. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Heaven Help Those Who Help Themselves Is Not A Biblical Word. (12036 Views)

Is The Expression, "God Helps Those Who Help Themselves Biblical"? / Whitney Houston: A Biblical Perspective On Addiction / TB Joshua and SCOAN: A Biblical View Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heaven Help Those Who Help Themselves Is Not A Biblical Word. by CrazyMan(m): 7:27am On Sep 17, 2009
Hi everyone, I just had to start this thread because of the way most people keep quoting that phrase.

I was shocked last sunday; a friend of mine invited to worship in his church (A Penticostal church) and could you believe that of all people, it was the so called pastor whom I believed should know the scriptures better that made us of that word.

Hear his words my bible tells me that heaven helps those who help themselves. Initially, I felt like challenging in the middle of the sermon so he can tell me what verse of the bible such statement is written. . .but because of the referrence I had for God, I remained mute.

Finally my dear people, whenever you make a quote from the bible, be sure that such quote is from the bible; don't just make a quote that suits you, then claim its from the bible. Such an act is sinful; and believe me, it can attract God's wrath upon the life any individual who make false quotes about his holy book.
Re: Heaven Help Those Who Help Themselves Is Not A Biblical Word. by Maykelly(f): 9:08am On Sep 17, 2009
@ of a truth my brother man "Re: Heaven Help Those Who Help Themselves" grin[b]is Not A Biblical Word[/b]

[size=16pt]the Biblical Word is  cheesy

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" John 14:6 [/size]  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Accept Jesus Now cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Heaven Help Those Who Help Themselves Is Not A Biblical Word. by duality(m): 10:31am On Sep 17, 2009
if youcan help ur self why ask for heavens help
heven helps when you cant help urself if not, u'll take the glory.

1 Like

Re: Heaven Help Those Who Help Themselves Is Not A Biblical Word. by finestboy2(m): 11:30am On Sep 17, 2009
It's true its not in the bible.
Re: Heaven Help Those Who Help Themselves Is Not A Biblical Word. by banom(m): 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2009
Ohh, why are christians this confused ?
Re: Heaven Help Those Who Help Themselves Is Not A Biblical Word. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 17, 2009
I've never read it in the Bible that heaven helps those who help themselves. I think it just means that we cannot leave heaven to do all the work.
Re: Heaven Help Those Who Help Themselves Is Not A Biblical Word. by Niseed(m): 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2009
@may kelly honestly what has your quote got to do with the posters topic you have simply pulled a quote out of your hat and applied to a topic far from it.

you dont have the answers to all the questions in the bible stop mis-quoting, it makes you look deluded
Re: Heaven Help Those Who Help Themselves Is Not A Biblical Word. by banom(m): 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2009
Niseed:

@may kelly honestly what has your quote got to do with the posters topic you have simply pulled a quote out of your hat and applied to a topic far from it.

you dont have the answers to all the questions in the bible stop mis-quoting, it makes you look deluded

Oh, is it today you got to know that she is the Mother theriser of nairaland, quoting scripture every time, just wait till she tells you that you are living with satan, that was the first word she told me this early morning.
Re: Heaven Help Those Who Help Themselves Is Not A Biblical Word. by Niseed(m): 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2009
@banom it really pisses me off when someone just talks for the sake of talking especially when they dont have a leg to stand on. they just have to open their mouth sha! "look at me, look at me" i made an irrelevant comment i must be an expert now.

she has surpassed mother theressa now she's gunning for sainthood
Re: Heaven Help Those Who Help Themselves Is Not A Biblical Word. by banom(m): 12:55pm On Sep 17, 2009
Niseed:

@banom it really pisses me off when someone just talks for the sake of talking especially when they dont have a leg to stand on. they just have to open their mouth sha! "look at me, look at me" i made an irrelevant comment i must be an expert now.

she has surpassed mother theressa now she's gunning for sainthood

Just make sure she doesn't see this your post , or else you will be surprised to know that you have been living with Satan
Re: Heaven Help Those Who Help Themselves Is Not A Biblical Word. by great664(m): 12:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
CrazyMan:
Hi everyone, I just had to start this thread because of the way most people keep quoting that phrase.

I was shocked last sunday; a friend of mine invited to worship in his church (A Penticostal church) and could you believe that of all people, it was the so called pastor whom I believed should know the scriptures better that made us of that word.

Hear his words my bible tells me that heaven helps those who help themselves. Initially, I felt like challenging in the middle of the sermon so he can tell me what verse of the bible such statement is written. . .but because of the referrence I had for God, I remained mute.

Finally my dear people, whenever you make a quote from the bible, be sure that such quote is from the bible; don't just make a quote that suits you, then claim its from the bible. Such an act is sinful; and believe me, it can attract God's wrath upon the life any individual who make false quotes about his holy book.

Read James 2:14, then down to 26 so you will understand. Its just an interpretation of what was stated in James 2:14.

How do heaven help us? Through faith or by manner from heaven?

Faith Right? and such faith without work is NOTHING.. hope u get.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Significance Of Praying Before Eating? / Evangelist Chidi Ibinado Accused Of Fraud / The Lords Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.