Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,904 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:55 PM

What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? (1786 Views)

See What Was Written On A 1000 Naira Note That Was Paid To Me Today in Lagos / What Can Five Naira (#5) Buy In Nigeria Today??? / Breaking News Ijaw Militants Are Attacking Aladja In Warri Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by Landloard01(m): 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2016
Please Nairalanders, I visited a road-side kiosk, just to buy one Tom Tom this morning and I was told a candy is now ten Naira. The Hausa man even told me he does not sell anything worth of five Naira note anymore. Please what do you think a five Naira note can buy right now?

Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by sammer4life(m): 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2016
Chewing Gum
Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2016
[size=15pt]Have you tried buying some senses for Buhari?? undecided[/size]

6 Likes

Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
It can buy u a stick of brown pall mall cigarette.
It can buy you chewing gum.
It can buy you a cube of choco milo.

It can buy you fried coconut for kids

1 Like

Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by Pidggin(f): 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2016
Only one sweet or chewing gum now but it could buy pure water, sugar or biscuit which could help the poorest of the poor hold body small during the era of Jonathan.

I just pity the really poverty stricken people who are still shouting change! It seems they are under a spell.
Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by BlackSeptember: 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2016
Tafawa balewa don suffer

Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by Kenzico(m): 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2016
At least it can buy me a Center Fruit Chewing Gum
Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by ojoyentalk: 1:37pm On Jul 25, 2016
One Cube of sugar
Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by theSpark(m): 2:08pm On Jul 25, 2016
It has been tacitly rendered valueless by the devaluation of the naira.
It can not buy anything on the street anymore.
Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by CACAWA(m): 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
[size=15pt]Have you tried buying some senses for Buhari?? undecided[/size]
well, we didn't know you wanted to sell your senses for 5 naira.

5 Likes

Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by babyfaceafrica: 4:10pm On Jul 25, 2016
Shewing gum,sweets,pure water in some places,kokoro.e.t.c...it depends where you live sha
Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
CACAWA:
well, we didn't know you wanted to sell your senses for 5 naira.
You better don't carry someone's problem......

2 Likes

Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2016
5naira is a lot of money. You don't have an idea
Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by greatgod2012(f): 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2016
Kenzico:
At least it can buy me a Center Fruit Chewing Gum

it can't buy anything, my brother.

That center fruit chewing gum you're talking about is 3 for twenty naira, one for ten naira.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by greatgod2012(f): 4:50pm On Jul 25, 2016
joborskill:
It can buy u a stick of brown pall mall cigarette.
It can buy you chewing gum.
It can buy you a cube of choco milo.

It can buy you fried coconut for kids

Where exactly are you based bro?

I can't say of the cigarette, but 5naira can't buy either chewing gum or a cube of Chico Milo, its sold for 3 for twenty naira and one for ten naira.

And as for fried coconut for kids, its simply ten naira each.

Tafawa Balewa will just be looking at Buhari with the way he has rendered him useless.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by Almaiga: 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
Pure water is sold for #5 in the North especially Kaduna, the Bag is #80. So you see, this is just one of the numerous things that the #5 can buy.
Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by kellydakull(m): 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2016
undecided undecidedundecided
Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by kellydakull(m): 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2016
To be frank, I weep for our Naira.
If you are handed a role of tissue paper and a #5 note, which would you prefere?
Just reason between that line and stop deceiving yourselve with worthles value. undecided
Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 25, 2016
The fulani man is forceful and don't know how to rule only with cows..but rules

The AFONJA'S are corny and know how to rule just a little..so he kisses the ass of a fulani man because of (cow)ardice

The proudly igbos are fearless stubborn and wise and still know how to rule..so they'll never accept defeat just like the Israelis in the years of wilderness..if am lying your mind will tell you

Only that the afonjas mind has been created with truth absorber
Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by ConqueredWest: 6:20pm On Jul 25, 2016
AFONJAS should be in a better position to answer. grin
Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by Maghan37: 6:31pm On Jul 25, 2016
Baba dudu, kulikuli, milkose,tomtom (which I am currently licking), etc.
Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by femicyrus(m): 6:56pm On Jul 25, 2016
you can conveniently get 2 pieces of chewing sticks for N5.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by DannyJ19(m): 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2016
*Shin gum*....
Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by yhemsy62(m): 5:30am On Jul 26, 2016
Milkose, galatico e.t.c
Re: What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? by mikolo80: 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
Pidggin:
Only one sweet or chewing gum now but it could buy pure water, sugar or biscuit which could help the poorest of the poor hold body small during the era of Jonathan.

I just pity the really poverty stricken people who are still shouting change! It seems they are under a spell.
it's funny
They would say the same about you.
Otherwise how can any none spelled person believe in pdp or Jonathan

(1) (Reply)

Data Rate Increase, The On Becoming Of A Government / Senate Panels Okays Fuel Price Increase / Abia State Governor For 2019-2023 Declared By INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.