Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,078 members, 7,970,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:31 AM

Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry (13622 Views)

Igbo And Yoruba Share The Same Ancestors / Lost In Translation: English And Yoruba / Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 26, 2016
36xtr39r:
[s][/s]

Gnashing of teeth by a deluded Afonja cum IPOO snake from Wasteland!
bro I can't say you don't deserve this gang up from our brothers west of the Niger. I don't know why my igbo brethren always give them the munition to insult US. The faster and quicker we realize that the statement "Lagos is a no man's land " Is as fallacious as saying the maggot isn't a child of a fly, the better for us. Yes Lagos and ogun are the most prominent states in Nigeria. .the former with some modifying (ambode Is promising) is exactly what a state is meant to be. we igbos might outnumber them but, we are still strangers -a fact we convinetly forgot after 1970.That being said, I think that instead of engaging in a banter with people of culpable ignorance you should focus on more on what you can do for yourself and your tribe.
by the way it's a parody of nairalands said laws and etiquette that the nods allowed a thread of this nature to mature into a 5th thread.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by 36xtr39r: 10:12pm On Jul 26, 2016
Henrydone:
Get sense please igbORANGUTAN.No cubbyhole in your eroded region can match what u ignorantly refer to as wasteland.If yorland would have be a country it will have the second country in africa with the best economy.DO YOU KNOW? THAT Lagos has the most busiest airport in africa,the 2nd busiest seaport in africa following capetown seaport,it is the city with the best economy in africa and the most industralize city in africa and has the 1st flood light stadium in the whole of africa.Did u also know that ogun state is the most industralize state in nigeria and has the highest number of employer and employee in nigeria following lagos.Did you also know that following lagos ibadan is the most industralize city in nigeria and boost of the 1st skyscraper 1st television and radio station 1st modern stadium in d whole of africa.Make research that will halt u from making quixotic yap.

Useless Aye-Aye, with rodent-like teeth and a long, thin middle finger for sucking others blood and hate being on their own. 

Despite the lofty things you've written you demented parasites and hypocritical bigots want to die on top another man's crude oil wealth and still cry the loudest at the mere hearing of Biaf... or NK because you're scared stiff of being on your own.

And many of you bile-filled cretins miserably earn a living upon another man's quest for self-determination.

In your closet you pray everyday and wish death on IPOB and desperately seek harm for the Igbo Nation - your eternal nemesis.

Bunch of bile-filled hypocrites!
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by 36xtr39r: 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2016
[s]
eduj:
bro I can't say you don't deserve this gang up from our brothers west of the Niger. I don't know why my igbo brethren always give them the munition to insult US. The faster and quicker we realize that the statement "Lagos is a no man's land " Is as fallacious as saying the maggot isn't a child of a fly, the better for us. Yes Lagos and ogun are the most prominent states in Nigeria. .the former with some modifying (ambode Is promising) is exactly what a state is meant to be. we igbos might outnumber them but, we are still strangers -a fact we convinetly forgot after 1970.That being said, I think that instead of engaging in a banter with people of culpable ignorance you should focus on more on what you can do for yourself and your tribe.
by the way it's a parody of nairalands said laws and etiquette that the nods allowed a thread of this nature to mature into a 5th thread.
[/s]

Who's discussing about Lagos and who own it? What has your rants got to do with Igbos seeking a separate existence from greedy, treasury looters cum murderous backst*bbers

Silly rants from a confused fellow!

Igbos are not interested in sharing a country with wolves in sheep clothing.
Find your bothers whom you were forcefully separated from in OduaArewanistan republic. And leave Igbos out of your frustrations.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
36xtr39r:
[s]

Who's discussing about Lagos and who own it? What has your rants got to do with Igbos seeking a separate existence from greedy, treasury looters cum murderous backst*bbers

Silly rants from a confused fellow!

Igbos are not interested in sharing a country with wolves in sheep clothing.
Find your bothers whom you were forcefully separated from in OduaArewanistan republic. And leave Igbos out of your frustrations.
[/s]

Hypertension is real. Don't die for a biafra that is dead and buried since 1970 grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by 36xtr39r: 11:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
[s]
joborskill:
Hypertension is real. Don't die for a biafra that is dead and buried since 1970 grin
[/s]

Frustrated Afonja, continue gnashing your teeth at the mere mention of Biaf... or NK till you meet your Waterloo...sooner than later.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 26, 2016
36xtr39r:
[s][/s]

Frustrated Afonja, continue gnashing your teeth at the mere mention of Biaf... or NK till you meet your Waterloo...sooner than later.

Why did Ojukwu warn all igbos to forget biafra and embrace one Nigeria? He saw that the future of Igbo's lies within Nigeria. He knows biafra means suffering. He died a patriotic Nigerian. Nnamdi kanu is just suffering for nothing. If only he never abused the yoruba's, we would have pressed for his release.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by 36xtr39r: 12:00am On Jul 27, 2016
joborskill:
Why did Ojukwu warn all igbos to forget biafra and embrace one Nigeria? He saw that the future of Igbo's lies within Nigeria. He knows biafra means suffering. He died a patriotic Nigerian. Nnamdi kanu is just suffering for nothing. If only he never abused the yoruba's, we would have pressed for his release.

A frustrated bigot has got no moral right to impose on another his/her self-centred way of reasoning. We are not siamese set.

I would advise disgruntled hypocrites like you to channel their negative energies to countering the maiming and killings of your kinsmen for fun for decades by the marauding herdsmen.

Freedom seekers seek freedom until it's achieved. They don't allow others define them to suit their interest and narratives, or permit the oppressors and abusers of human rights to teach them, the oppressed what human rights are.

“Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly"
- Albert Einstein

"I would rather remain in detention than subject myself to a trial that I know amounts to perversion of justice."
- Nnamdi Kanu, Dec 23, 2015

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by ImperialYoruba: 12:14am On Jul 27, 2016
joborskill:

To every igbo living in the east, lagos and the southwest in general is like going abroad. It's a dream they wish to fulfill before leaving this world and this is why they flock home every Xmas to show off what they achieved in the city grin. I served in Ebonyi and i can boldly tell u once they see a corper, they start begging you to take them to the CITY. Lagos is referred to as city in igbo land. They are so poor in abakaliki that all they do is okada riding and farming. A state that voted for an 85 years old martin elechi is still living in the cave man's Era. They have just 2 banks in the whole of ebonyi state just to mention a few. Yet this God-forsaken baboon had the gut to compare igbos to yorubas in mental and infrastructural development. How may yoruba buses leave the SW to the east daily? As we speak, uncountable number of ifesinachi buses are offloading eastern Almajiris in lagos and other SW states to fulfill their dreams of selling gala and Cd's in traffic. Animals grin

Endorsed!

Ibo wey don forget hin ancestry wan come dey compare hinself with bloodline of Great Emperors.

Shioor! Na oyiboman wey put us with pigs cause dis ignoble smear of mud. By Oduduwa grace we go fix the disparity on our own terms.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 27, 2016
[s]
36xtr39r:

A frustrated bigot has got no moral right to impose on another his/her self-centred way of reasoning. We are not siamese set.

I would advise disgruntled hypocrites like you to channel their negative energies to countering the maiming and killings of your kinsmen for fun for decades by the marauding herdsmen.

Freedom seekers seek freedom until it's achieved. They don't allow others define them to suit their interest and narratives, or permit the oppressors and abusers of human rights to teach them, the oppressed what human rights are.

“Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly"
- Albert Einstein

"I would rather remain in detention than subject myself to a trial that I know amounts to perversion of justice."
- Nnamdi Kanu, Dec 23, 2015
[/s]

He would rather remain in detention yet he begged the British authorities to negotiate his release. Yet he wanted to drag FG to ecowas court for detaining him. Keep fooling yourself. The Yorubas will determine if this country splits or not and for now, we want one Nigeria. Get it? Kanu will die for nothing grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by 36xtr39r: 3:40am On Jul 27, 2016
[s]
joborskill:
He would rather remain in detention yet he begged the British authorities to negotiate his release. Yet he wanted to drag FG to ecowas court for detaining him. Keep fooling yourself. The Yorubas will determine if this country splits or not and for now, we want one Nigeria. Get it? Kanu will die for nothing grin
[/s]

Frustrated IPOO miscreant, I feel your eternal grief as you continue gnashing your teeth to your Waterloo...soonest.

NK and the Handcuffs -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEOQnuAM_nU

NK remains the man who stood and looked Hausa-Fulanis eyeball to eyeball while you and your loudmouthed folks hid under your beds.

You and your Yoruba folks are currently making a living out of his struggle and at the same time senselessly shouting kill Kanu! hang him! Shoot him!

And it's getting up to a year and you and your criminal Yoruba gang are still searching for a suitable masquerade regalia to testify against him in court.
What a cowardly generation of backst*bbers and never-do-wells!
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by jayonpoint(m): 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2016
CSTR12:
The last time i checked your people are in alliance with the north.
So what exactly are you trying to break? I have read on this forum many times from our resident pseudo-sophisticates , laughable and historically untrue as it is, that northerners are the most trustworthy folks in terms of leadership.
And then i begin to wonder why Nigeria still a 5th world nation given the fact that these ''trustworthy'' people have dominated politics since i can remember and have churned out some of the most gluttonous african leaders in history embezzling and wasting billions and billions of dollars and pounds of oil revenues.
Madness and stupidity is what characterizes many Nigerians.

Pls where were ur likes wen igbo championed most valuable time of GEJ admin? Werent u aware of the level of marginazation d yoruba suffered while ur people enjoyed their horney pie without d yorubas? Why do u people enjoys mastership of ther people but u cant for a second play a second fiddle in any circumstances? So u expect yoruba political sophiscation to maintain at igbo mercy? All these wailing wont undo an already buried corps. U are d master of everyone, only ur people are wiser. Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by 36xtr93r: 9:03pm On Jul 28, 2016
jayonpoint:

Pls where were ur likes wen igbo championed most valuable time of GEJ admin? Werent u aware of the level of marginazation d yoruba suffered while ur people enjoyed their horney pie without d yorubas? Why do u people enjoys mastership of ther people but u cant for a second play a second fiddle in any circumstances? So u expect yoruba political sophiscation to maintain at igbo mercy? All these wailing wont undo an already buried corps. U are d master of everyone, only ur people are wiser. Rubbish!

Silly rants and lies of hypocrisy to divert attention from the very obvious...

Indeed facts are stubborn and I shall fail not provide you with hard truths for you to ruminate on about your Yoruba tribe.

Remember, from 1967 to 1979 Yorubas with their Northern masters were in charge of the country. Yorubas enjoyed the reign of injustice and inequity insofar they got undue advantages and benefits at the expense of Igbos and Easterners.

Immediately after the 1967-70 civil war, Awolowo by virtue of his position, superheading the federal government finance, defrauded Easterners of their hard earned money in banks and building societies.

In 1972 Gowon supported by Awolowo proceeded to enact and enforce the Indigenization decree. Yorubas and their Northern cohorts used the proceeds of the money stolen from Easterners to acquire virtually all the British establishment and industries. And on the long run they succeded in looting and bankrupting the industries. And that was the beginning of the collapse of the Nigerian economy. Till date the economy is yet to recover.

Instead of developing the Eastern region after the war subsequent evil governments diverted the 3Rs programme to SW region and Northern region for rapid development while neglecting and under-developing the Eastern region.

In 1993 Igbos voted for MKO Abiola against Tofa/Sylvester Ugoh. In 1999 and 2003 Igbos voted Obasanjo despite the unfair manner Alex Ekwueme was edged out of the race and who was actually better off.

Yorubas had the presidency for about 12 years with Obj ruling in as military officer 1976-79 and in the democratic dispensation from 1999 to 2007 (8 years without breakage) while Shonekan had 83 days.

Ask yourself, when Ojukwu contested in 2003, how many Yorubas and their Northern masters voted for him? 

Which Igbo personalities have the Yorubas ever supported - Zik, Okadigbo, Ekweremadu, Ojukwu, Achebe, NOI, Stella Odua? Yorubas detest Sea port in the East, Akanu-Ibiam Airport, Second Niger bridge, Ikeja Computer Village, Int'l Trade Fair, ASPAMDA, Alaba Int'l, Ladipo. Yorubas abhor virtually everything and anybody connected with Igbo Nation. The pathetic part of the ugly situation is that whenever Yorubas hear the mention of Biaf... or NK they scream, shout and yell with terrible curses.

During GEJ admninistration many Yorubas screamed marginalization, spitting everywhere with all manner of hate fromantic evillage hearts. What is it not your god, Tinubu, that mortgaged the Speakership position meant for Yorubas to his Northern masters?

In a post on his Facebook wall on Sunday, April 24, 2016, Mr. Okupe, who served Mr. Jonathan as a senior special assistant on public affairs, stated:
"Fielding Jonathan was a monumental mistake".
That the singular mistake made by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was the nomination of his boss for second term, despite the ample hint that that the north wanted power back at all cost.

This was the same Yoruba man that said if APC survives a year, he should be called a bastard.
The same person said over his dead body will Buhari rule Nigeria. 

This a person GEJ trusted.
https://www.nairaland.com/3067550/no-politician-alive-stand-buharis

Only a hopeless people would be so engrossed and concerned about the success or failure of the quest of other people than the viability or otherwise of OduaArewanistan republic.

It's an open secret that the bile-filled hatred passed onto many Yorubas has made them to rarely see the good in other people.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/obasanjo-11-years-needful-failed-nigeria-ameh-ebute/

https://www.nairaland.com/792619/thief-obasanjo-he-wrecked-nigeria/4

https://www.nairaland.com/3142569/what-obasanjos-achievement-south-west-11years-as-leader

https://www.nairaland.com/3066577/obj-where-snipers

https://www.nairaland.com/3141171/blame-obasanjo-nigerias-energy-crisis-atiku
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by laudate: 1:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
Aigbofa:
How many Ekenedili Chukwu buses landed in Lagos today? And you still don't want to have anything to do with them?
What if you want to have something to do with them? Your entire village will be on their way to Yorubaland?

Una no go kill person with laugh for here, abeg! shocked cheesy grin

joborskill:

Ife o kwùlù kpàlù ̣ọchì After I laugh finish, na im I come see dis one. cheesy Chai!! How many times una go take laugh dey make person dey roll for ground here? Kpùṃùlị amụ, chì ọ̣chì. Take time, o! grin
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 1:37am On Aug 04, 2016
[s]
36xtr93r:

Silly rants and lies of hypocrisy to divert attention from the very obvious...

Indeed facts are stubborn and I shall fail not provide you with hard truths for you to ruminate on about your Yoruba tribe.

Remember, from 1967 to 1979 Yorubas with their Northern masters were in charge of the country. Yorubas enjoyed the reign of injustice and inequity insofar they got undue advantages and benefits at the expense of Igbos and Easterners.

Immediately after the 1967-70 civil war, Awolowo by virtue of his position, superheading the federal government finance, defrauded Easterners of their hard earned money in banks and building societies.

In 1972 Gowon supported by Awolowo proceeded to enact and enforce the Indigenization decree. Yorubas and their Northern cohorts used the proceeds of the money stolen from Easterners to acquire virtually all the British establishment and industries. And on the long run they succeded in looting and bankrupting the industries. And that was the beginning of the collapse of the Nigerian economy. Till date the economy is yet to recover.

Instead of developing the Eastern region after the war subsequent evil governments diverted the 3Rs programme to SW region and Northern region for rapid development while neglecting and under-developing the Eastern region.

In 1993 Igbos voted for MKO Abiola against Tofa/Sylvester Ugoh. In 1999 and 2003 Igbos voted Obasanjo despite the unfair manner Alex Ekwueme was edged out of the race and who was actually better off.

Yorubas had the presidency for about 12 years with Obj ruling in as military officer 1976-79 and in the democratic dispensation from 1999 to 2007 (8 years without breakage) while Shonekan had 83 days.

Ask yourself, when Ojukwu contested in 2003, how many Yorubas and their Northern masters voted for him? 

Which Igbo personalities have the Yorubas ever supported - Zik, Okadigbo, Ekweremadu, Ojukwu, Achebe, NOI, Stella Odua? Yorubas detest Sea port in the East, Akanu-Ibiam Airport, Second Niger bridge, Ikeja Computer Village, Int'l Trade Fair, ASPAMDA, Alaba Int'l, Ladipo. Yorubas abhor virtually everything and anybody connected with Igbo Nation. The pathetic part of the ugly situation is that whenever Yorubas hear the mention of Biaf... or NK they scream, shout and yell with terrible curses.

During GEJ admninistration many Yorubas screamed marginalization, spitting everywhere with all manner of hate fromantic evillage hearts. What is it not your god, Tinubu, that mortgaged the Speakership position meant for Yorubas to his Northern masters?

In a post on his Facebook wall on Sunday, April 24, 2016, Mr. Okupe, who served Mr. Jonathan as a senior special assistant on public affairs, stated:
"Fielding Jonathan was a monumental mistake".
That the singular mistake made by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was the nomination of his boss for second term, despite the ample hint that that the north wanted power back at all cost.

This was the same Yoruba man that said if APC survives a year, he should be called a bastard.
The same person said over his dead body will Buhari rule Nigeria. 

This a person GEJ trusted.
https://www.nairaland.com/3067550/no-politician-alive-stand-buharis

Only a hopeless people would be so engrossed and concerned about the success or failure of the quest of other people than the viability or otherwise of OduaArewanistan republic.

It's an open secret that the bile-filled hatred passed onto many Yorubas has made them to rarely see the good in other people.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/obasanjo-11-years-needful-failed-nigeria-ameh-ebute/

https://www.nairaland.com/792619/thief-obasanjo-he-wrecked-nigeria/4

https://www.nairaland.com/3142569/what-obasanjos-achievement-south-west-11years-as-leader

https://www.nairaland.com/3066577/obj-where-snipers

https://www.nairaland.com/3141171/blame-obasanjo-nigerias-energy-crisis-atiku
[/s]

Awolowo actually helped the Igbo's by handing them 20 pounds each to restart life. No igbo man will ever do that for yoruba. This biafra of a thing will soon be criminalized. We in the southwest will sponsor a bill at the National assembly to declare death penalty for any form of secession. We will petition the UN to ignore biafra. We are brothers and we shall remain one Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which State Are You From? / Some Expressions In Igbo / Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.