Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,641 members, 7,921,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:30 AM

Tim Lahaye Is Dead - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tim Lahaye Is Dead (24681 Views)

Primate Belonwu Ezeanyaeche: Atiku Can't Be President Even If He Contests 20 Tim / Pastor Tim Omotoso Arrested For Having Sex With Church Members In South Africa / Pastor Tim Omotoso Sexually Molests Church Members In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by deebrain(m): 1:29am On Jul 26, 2016
Left Behind.... Vol 1-5.... The remaining 3 volumes, i could not find....

It gives you that consciousness of our times-the end time.

Rip sir.
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by kinglekan: 1:40am On Jul 26, 2016

RIP Tim Lahaye... cry cry

Read both the Left Behind series and Spirit-Controlled Temperament

Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by benjazy: 1:47am On Jul 26, 2016
Omor!! I no know this man oh! He was just any other kind of man that could have died yesterdamy in any part of the world...RIP to the dead...
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by sirconfidence1(m): 2:02am On Jul 26, 2016
Rest in peace !
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by GeeGee98: 2:30am On Jul 26, 2016
I can never forget his book "why you act the way you do", my friends never gave me a breathing space when I misplaced my copy two years back.
It's a book every individual should long to read.
This man is a great writer and a great man of God too.

Sleep on sir, Sleep on!
But your legacy lives on.

1 Like

Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by Marshalemmy(m): 2:38am On Jul 26, 2016
sad to hear of his death.death, is a necessary end. RIP
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by semitunde: 2:49am On Jul 26, 2016
Wonderful insightful author. I read "life in the afterlife" which introduced me to his works. I was barely 6years, got the book off of my dad's shelf and couldn't put it down till I finished it. Was that interesting and simple to read.

Rip good man.
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by placeofallure(f): 2:49am On Jul 26, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The man's book made me understand that I am choleric. RIP Sir. I am also the first to comment on this thread. *shoki shoki shoki*

...and the man's book made me realise that I'm phlegmatic and my hubby is sanguine in nature. Rest in peace dear one.

1 Like

Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by Funjosh(m): 2:56am On Jul 26, 2016
I Hardly Read Books To The End. But I Cant Believed I Read Through "why You Act The Way You Do" Twice From Begining Till End. R.I.P Tim. sad

1 Like

Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by ipreach: 3:08am On Jul 26, 2016
RIP

Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by cho25bc(f): 3:25am On Jul 26, 2016
May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by soulfood(m): 3:48am On Jul 26, 2016
very popular name in the 90s. rest well sir.
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by chachanga: 3:50am On Jul 26, 2016
Seun:
I used to read Spirit-Controlled Temperament.

Right, I read everything he wrote at a time before graduating on to others but as a foundational building block of one's world view, it was not only indispensable but invaluable; especially in those 100L/ 200L days where I found myself, a bit effortlessly (&surprisingly) at forefront of class leadership, campus politics and fellowship Ex-Co.

2 things amaze me about his story
1. How he found time to coordinate all aspects of his prodigiously creative living e.g. chairing in all those committees, leading movements, authoring, church-planting and still having time for kid's comics wink
2. How despite the vast knowledge about human temperament, behaviour and nature, divorce still came knocking on his door at a time in his life and how he handled it.
Meaning that the Universe sometimes delights in throwing you curve-balls but the point of it all is not to have you go curl up and die somewhere, even when you can't seem to decode that isshh but take that challenge like JOB to further stretch, grow & evolve beyond frontiers you, never before, envisaged personally possible. Dream, baby, but when stuffs you're encountering goes beyond all you've ever dreamt, dream new dreams with great thoughts, heroic deeds and fitting responses to the demand of that epoch!
Salute to him and folks like Mike Murdock, Myles Munroe, Zig Ziglar, John C Maxwell and all men who live to leave legacies that live beyond them behind!
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by greatgod2012(f): 4:06am On Jul 26, 2016
Tim Lahaye was a great writer.

His books, why you act the way you do, spirit controlled temperaments and opposite attracts really helped me and husband to understand ourselves individually and collectively. They are so resourceful in understanding yourself and the people around you.

His book, the act of marriage, for couples above 40, is great as well. I respect his writing system.

Unfortunately, he "left behind" Beverly Lahaye, his wife, best friend, co-author and others behind.

He lives on through his books.

May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by Schwartz: 4:42am On Jul 26, 2016
His book 'Opposites attract' was very informative and helpful. It helped me in understanding my partner better .
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by naijaict: 4:51am On Jul 26, 2016
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by Season9: 5:00am On Jul 26, 2016
Rest In Peace
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by skondo09(m): 5:15am On Jul 26, 2016
chisos...its really a pain in the heart tho he is old. my best author
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by Collyno82(m): 5:32am On Jul 26, 2016
D spirit controlled temperament i read way back in 2004 helped me in no small measure to be a good dad n a better husband i am today. Glory! RIP papa Lahaye

1 Like

Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by ucnwafor(m): 5:42am On Jul 26, 2016
Spirit controlled temperament, why u act the way u do......

Ríp
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by watchindelta(m): 5:42am On Jul 26, 2016
rip papa. since I travelled out na I no say African no dey old men. oyibo dem dey try 4 old meh shooo.
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by kkkossy(m): 6:12am On Jul 26, 2016
Reading Left behind series was just like living the imagination in the book. Best book i have read so far.
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by Ranchhoddas: 6:38am On Jul 26, 2016
jojosweet:
u are truly choleric*wanting to be first at all things* smiley
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 26, 2016
His Book On Temperament Is The Only Book Most Nigerians Have Ever Ever Ever....Ever Read.

REST In Perfect Peace.
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by sandiyke(f): 6:55am On Jul 26, 2016
What a fulfilled life. His books why you act the way you do and spirit controlled temperament made me understand 'me'.

Rip great man
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by blueskies(f): 7:01am On Jul 26, 2016
He impacted positively to the lives of many through his writings, many of his books about family life, marriage, temperament brought peace to homes and helped people discover their true self, others of his books such as the left behind series and its movie adaptation were an eye opener of things to come after life here. Its so sad he's left all now and gone, but he fulfilled his calling.
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by amazingspiderma: 7:22am On Jul 26, 2016
"Why you act the way you do" for me was one of the greatest books I have ever read. It taught me to love myself and how to love others.
When it came to books, no author has changed my life more.
You were a gift to humanity.
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by Nickymezor(f): 7:23am On Jul 26, 2016
Rest in peace
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by legendte(m): 7:50am On Jul 26, 2016
WHY YOU ACT THE WAY YOU DO. Tim Lahaye.
Rest on Legend.
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by RJayson(m): 8:04am On Jul 26, 2016
Jamean:
Those 2 books are a wonderful piece.

I read left behind in 2006 when my uncle bought it for my dad as a way of preaching salvation to him and spirit controlled temperament helped me work on my "moody melancholy".

Sad that he's left behind Beverley.
Should he take beverly along?
Re: Tim Lahaye Is Dead by brownesugar: 8:06am On Jul 26, 2016
Oh gosh tim lahaye ,learnt alot from his books,why you act the way you do,his book 'the act of marriage' really helped me alot & its a must read for any intending couple or singles. ... its worth a trial..
Rest in Peace tim...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Sex Can Make You Miss Your Ultimate Flight / Catholics And Protestants Fight Inside A Bus In Anambra State (videos) / No Acceptable Reasons For Missing Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.