Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,504 members, 7,885,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 12:16 AM

What Actually Is True Education? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Actually Is True Education? (347 Views)

July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened / UNEC Protest: What Actually Happened, The Untold True Story / A Message From Uniport SUG (what actually happened) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Actually Is True Education? by lawlhee: 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
I have been having this thought on my mind and the issue of one of our own asking what he/she could do to help improve in school. Just take your time to read through and let's share thoughts together.
Its not a new song in our ears that "education is the best legacy", "education is the best legacy". But sometimes I'm forced to think that most of us Don't really understand what it really means. I consulted a dictionary and this was what it reads out. "Education is the process art of impacting knowledge, skill and judgement.
Also it can also mean facts, skills and ideas that have been learned neither formally or informally.
Re: What Actually Is True Education? by ikbnice(m): 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
Sadly, most Nigerians go to school without being educated.

1 Like

Re: What Actually Is True Education? by lawlhee: 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
So if education is formal and informal why then do we put all of our life, our body and our soul on just one of it. Most especially in Nigeria if you didn't go to "school" Especially university you are as good as a nobody. How one will go to a university and study a course, I mean one course oh and you feel you've know all there is to education. A course of study is just one out of many things. Then you feel because you've graduated all the knowledge of the world is at your disposal.
Re: What Actually Is True Education? by lawlhee: 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
You graduate and start looking for job under the course you studied and to the greatest shock the Almighty knowledge you thought you've garnered in school is nothing but a child's play when its time to work. just because of "one course" you step on a lot of people's toe. You feel you are on top of the world. Its very advisable that one acquires informal education too as well as the formal education.
A situation where a graduate can not get a job he begins to think of things that is not true and says someone is after his destiny or so. So let everyone think of how they can get things right
Re: What Actually Is True Education? by Qpetz: 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
The ability of not using your common sense. “Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.” - Albert Einstein. Funny.

1 Like

Re: What Actually Is True Education? by lawlhee: 3:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
we should know what to do instead of relying on the government and blaming them. If the Bible can say "Heaven help those who help themselves" which means before we can attain things from God a step of faith and works must be done by us. How much more the government that is keeping mute and not saying anything. So my dears help yourself ask God to help you and things will be alright band Dont rely on your certificate and be a back slider to God when it doesn't serve you its purpose. God bless. coolwe should know what to do instead of relying on the government and blaming them. If the Bible can say "Heaven help those who help themselves" which means before we can attain things from God a step of faith and works must be done by us. How much more the government that is keeping mute and not saying anything. So my dears help yourself ask God to help you and things will be alright band Dont rely on your certificate and be a back slider to God when it doesn't serve you its purpose. God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Study Abroad With Ama-dove Nigeria Limited / I Need Clarity On This.... / How Fast Things Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.