Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,365 members, 7,891,605 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:53 PM

My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Nigerian Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Nigerian Police (695 Views)

My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. / My Humiliating Ordeal As A Slave In Oman —22-year-old Nigerian Girl (photo) / Man Narrates His Ordeal In The Hands Of SARS Operatives In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Nigerian Police by elhafeez(m): 4:00pm On Jul 26, 2016
The Nigerian police men are evil, i will never forget and forgive what i went through.
It all started on Saturday night when i decided to attend The Nigerian Military school Zaria, A.B.U Ex-Boy party. For those who know Zaria very well it was at Zango Samaru. I left my place in Kongo Area with a friend and his girlfriend around Few minutes to 12pm after we got there the party was a blast but the crowd was too much and i had to answer the call of nature (sleep) so we left around 2am. heading to the Kongo Campus of A.B.U
Immediately we go to Agoro round about by the Total fuel station in Tudun wada. The road ahead was dark but 20 metres to the round about i saw about 10 flashlight flashing me (i was driving), i quickly parked. My initially thought was that they were armed robbers. when i switched my full light on i saw people in black. with police cap, with guns, while some where holding sticks with the shape of golf clubs (Gora in hausa). One of them came to my side and asked me where i was coming from. i told them we were coming from samaru (the exboys) party and we where heading home. They told us to come out. we told them we where students of Ahmadu Bello University Zaria and presented our Identity card to them. But this police men wouldn't listen to us. They accused us of moving around at night when others are sleeping.
my friend who is a Law graduate tried telling them that there is no where in the Nigerian constitution prohibiting movement at night when there is no curfew in town. That was when about 4 of them started beating him. when his girlfriend tried telling them to stop, others started beating her too. i just stood rooted to the spot i was standing. To cut the story short they were bundled into the police hilix van, while i was asked to drive to the station with one of them. We were about 30 they arrested. some people who tried to escape where chased , caught and given the beaten of their lives.
I have never being to a police station in my life. They collected our phones, wrist watch, cash, belt and shoes. we where only left with our shirt and trouser. They didn't find anything incriminating like drugs, weed or alcohol during the search. And i told them we were not criminals and they should set us free. We were thrown in to the cell like criminals.
my people that place is not fit for human habitation. even for a criminal. there was no chair.The floor was littered with urine. Let me describe how the cell is.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Nigerian Police by Adaowerri111: 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
Yeah it's a normal thing in the zoo, abeg zoo self wan even better because in the some zoo animals move freely

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Nigerian Police by elhafeez(m): 4:18pm On Jul 26, 2016
I am a Builder by profession. With my visual estimate the size is about 2.4m by 2.4m. with very small windows. The door is made of iron bars. There were 4 cells. Arranged in face me i face you style. the passage between was 1.2m wide There was a bucket in front of each cell where someone pee's when you are pressed through the iron bar from inside the cell. It was already filled when we got there but people kept on urinating and it spilled on the floor and inside the cell. the former occupant must have been urinating on the floor because the floor was smelling and we could feel how sticky the ground was. See how matured men were fighting and claiming space. we even appointed a head boy there because he was the first to occupy the cell. LMAO
I begged the policemen to change my cell because the occupant were looking rugged and i noticed the other cell was occupied by students and when they heard i was a Post graduate student they said i should come join them. luckily my wish was granted. this was around past 3pm
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Nigerian Police by savio93(m): 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
Following....
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Nigerian Police by elhafeez(m): 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
The mosquitos in the police cell are wicked, they operate like spirit. through out our stay there no one was able to kill any one. when they bite, you don't feel the pain till they leave. we were left there for like 2 hours before they came to count us before their routine hand over. Still nobody was allowed to call anyone to come to bail them. luckily for me i was able to send a text message to my brother and a friend telling them i was arrested and taken to a police station. As a sharp guy i did so on under pretense that i wanted to switch off my phone. i still laugh when i read the message i sent to my brother (Am at police with car at Twada, help). when i told others that i was able to send a message for help, they were all happy, because if he comes he can also help them to call their people. We all thought we would be released as early as possible in the morning but we were wrong.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Nigerian Police by waxxydude: 7:22pm On Jul 26, 2016
Lol.. In asmuch as your english amounts to terrorism, i must say your epistle got me rolling.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Nigerian Police by waxxydude: 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Yeah it's a normal thing in the zoo, abeg zoo self wan even better because in the some zoo animals move freely
Hahahaha, that's directly/indirectly, you & your family are animals?

I can't fit understand this sh*t mehn. cheesy
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Nigerian Police by waxxydude: 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2016
I haven't been to this place you talking about, but, from your write-up, it sounds like a small town, and don't you think that hour of the day was too odd for a student?

Why you no sleep for the party or somewhere near-by?

Naija police ain't got no chill, but youself take style find trouble. Better go do medicals, cause those prison mosquitoes dey give HIV, and if them bite you for blokus, guy that one na syphillis. grin grin
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Nigerian Police by elhafeez(m): 7:13am On Jul 27, 2016
waxxydude:
I haven't been to this place you talking about, but, from your write-up, it sounds like a small town, and don't you think that hour of the day was too odd for a student?

Why you no sleep for the party or somewhere near-by?

Naija police ain't got no chill, but youself take style find trouble. Better go do medicals, cause those prison mosquitoes dey give HIV, and if them bite you for blokus, guy that one na syphillis. grin grin

It's not à small town. Both thé venue of the party and my home are withing town. 30 minutes tops. I go out at that hour sometimes for over 13 yrs nothing like this has ever happened.
You know matches for home stadium sweet pass away games
You have the perfect desciption of thèse mosquitos LOL
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Nigerian Police by waxxydude: 10:29am On Jul 27, 2016
elhafeez:

It's not à small town. Both thé venue of the party and my home are withing town. 30 minutes tops. I go out at that hour sometimes for over 13 yrs nothing like this has ever happened.
You know matches for home stadium sweet pass away games
You have the perfect desciption of thèse mosquitos LOL
OH! Lol, now i get yo. You lucky yo didn't get hurt, hope the mosquitoes didn't suck yo down there? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

‘yahoo Boys’ Got Themselves Into Big Trouble With EFCC / Kenyan Teacher Defiles 7 Female Students, Lures And Rapes Them In His Room / Recession: Mother Sells Her Two-month-old Baby For N450, 000 In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.