Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,665 members, 7,962,155 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 03:19 AM

Everything's Just Wrong - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Everything's Just Wrong (2367 Views)

My Divorce Story:i Gave Him Everything Just To Make Our Marriage Work!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everything's Just Wrong by AfroKnight: 9:20am On Jul 28, 2016
[quote author=OlaNiran107 post=47954200][/quote]
In that case, you have done well. Wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Everything's Just Wrong by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 28, 2016
OlaNiran107:

My family's against that as it will only raise bad blood betwren me and the family. I ocassionally have people check on the kid. And far as i know, she's doing okay. I just feel she can have a better life than what she already has. The issue with the other girl's a little complicated as my parents like her a lot (dunno why) and i do to but i just got to that point where it stopped making sense anymore. I'm at peace with breaking it off but it's not just easy to get by.

This is (probably/very likely) your child we are talking about here. Do what is right by her. Check to see if she's yours and if she is, the very least you can do is provide her material needs, and if you can, other needs that a father should provide. She doesn't have to come live with you.

Your family seems to be influencing your devisions more than is appropriate, cut the apeon strings, mister. Be a man. Think things through and make your decision, and if you're wrong or it doesn't play out like you envisioned, take responsibility, adjust and move on. Stop all this, "my daddy said,, my mummt said" ish.
Re: Everything's Just Wrong by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 28, 2016
LynnPetra:

Good morning wink smiley.

I applaud the family of that girl like kilode. Very responsible family indeed. Thumbs up to them. Make the guy just forget the pikin, the child is not his by tradition. If I'm the mother of that girl sef I will make sure he NEVER see that child, NEVER !It is highly insulting to get my daughter pregnant and have the guts to say you will take up the responsibility for the child, leaving the mother unmarried. I swear I go pursue the guy with long bamboo reach anywhere wey be him bus stop. I rather take full responsibility for the child. I blame the family for even taking a penny from him in the first place.

Abeg, make we hear word. You want to go to jail? You done hear wetin be contempt of court? You better wake up. The Patience Ozokwors of this world don't stand a chance. You want to go and be eating undercooked iron beans and be cutting grass with your flat breasties? grin

1 Like

Re: Everything's Just Wrong by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 28, 2016
Timbuktou:

Abeg, make we hear word. You want to go to jail? You done hear wetin be contempt of court? You better wake up. The Patience Ozokwors of this world don't stand a chance. You want to go and be eating undercooked iron beans and be cutting grass with your flat breasties? grin

Contempt of court Kor?
You think say na every culture dey accept nonsense? grin
Re: Everything's Just Wrong by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 28, 2016
LynnPetra:

Contempt of court Kor?
You think say na every culture dey accept nonsense? grin

See this one. Your culture get power pass Nigerian constitution? grin. You're a funny somebody. Dem go lock you and your culture for prison and fling the key into the Pacific. grin
Re: Everything's Just Wrong by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 28, 2016
Timbuktou:

See this one. Your culture get power pass Nigerian constitution? grin. You're a funny somebody. Dem go lock you and your culture for prison and fling the key into the Pacific. grin

Shebi na this Same Nigeria wey me and you dey so? Na yawu yawu family go lose for that kind case. Even the one way happen for my family sef, the guy no even know how him son face be like. Court ke? Mtcheww

Him get luck say we no break him leg.
Re: Everything's Just Wrong by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 28, 2016
LynnPetra:

Shebi na this Same Nigeria wey me and you dey so? Na yawu yawu family go lose for that kind case. Even the one way happen for my family sef, the guy no even know how him son face be like. Court ke? Mtcheww

Him get luck say we no break him leg.

Hehehe. I love people like you. Brings out the evil in me. However, it would be better to kill someone like me than break leg and let me away alive. grin. That would be a mistake on your part. You think all these disappearances the media reports are ritual killings? grin

1 Like

Re: Everything's Just Wrong by OlaNiran107(m): 10:56am On Jul 28, 2016
Timbuktou:

This is (probably/very likely) your child we are talking about here. Do what is right by her. Check to see if she's yours and if she is, the very least you can do is provide her material needs, and if you can, other needs that a father should provide. She doesn't have to come live with you.

Your family seems to be influencing your devisions more than is appropriate, cut the apeon strings, mister. Be a man. Think things through and make your decision, and if you're wrong or it doesn't play out like you envisioned, take responsibility, adjust and move on. Stop all this, "my daddy said,, my mummt said" ish.

Bro, trust me i have. I have tried reaching out to the girl personally and the mother through people. The truth is it's a long story up until here but i'd summarize. It was barely 2 weeks, we had sex, she went missing for 3 weeks, came back to say she was 5 weeks late. I had trust issues with her but i decided the right thing to do was take responsibility regardless of whether or not i was sure of the paternity. from Antenatal till birth to clothing and all, i took care of everything except the blood donation which i couldn't cause i'm B-. I was even the one who took her to the clinic for delivery, made her breakfast and dinner, her family offered to do lunch. My family at that point had encouraged me to marry her but not immediately, the plan was for her to finish school, At that point i'd made my mind up to eventually settle with her. my family met with hers alongside 2 pastors recommended by her family and they agreed we name the child and in time we decide on marriage (myself and the lady ie). but a night before the naming after making preparations, we found out they had gone back on the agreed plan and made up their minds to shame us and not show up during which time if we came over, will request for payment of marriage rites or whatever. It was at this point i said i had had enough and told every one of my family members to back down. first they wanted to talk it through with them but i was done. After all said and done, we still offered to take full responsibility for the child (not custody) regardless of whether or not i get to see the child and they refused. i have met with a couple of lawyers but they tell me the best thing is to wait it out and not start trouble. To be honest, I'm not even looking forward to taking any further actions. I'd rather just pray and hope she turns out great regardless of whether or not she knows me.
Re: Everything's Just Wrong by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 28, 2016
Olaniran107, I understand now. I think that's a good course of action.

Per your recent ex. Don't sweat it. Time heals all wounds.

1 Like

Re: Everything's Just Wrong by christinnah(f): 9:07am On Jul 29, 2016
sorry about that..

look we're in the same boat. I grew up without a dad. But when I was 12, I realized that I had something missing in my life. then i started asking my mom about my dad. She told me everything. so now I'm happy.
I spend every weekend with dad.

don't worry, one day your daughter will come look for you when she old enough.
Re: Everything's Just Wrong by OlaNiran107(m): 4:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
christinnah:
sorry about that..

look we're in the same boat. I grew up without a dad. But when I was 12, I realized that I had something missing in my life. then i started asking my mom about my dad. She told me everything. so now I'm happy.
I spend every weekend with dad.

don't worry, one day your daughter will come look for you when she old enough.

Wow. Wouldn't say the same shoes though but i get your point. Glad you now get to see your dad. No kid should have to to be made to go through that (except death). Thanks for the encouragement too.
Re: Everything's Just Wrong by christinnah(f): 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
OlaNiran107:

Wow. Wouldn't say the same shoes though but i get your point. Glad you now get to see your dad. No kid should have to to be made to go through that (except death). Thanks for the encouragement too.

you welcome!
Re: Everything's Just Wrong by Aquariann: 11:34am On Jul 30, 2016
Timbuktou:

Hehehe. I love people like you. Brings out the evil in me. However, it would be better to kill someone like me than break leg and let me away alive. grin. That would be a mistake on your part. You think all these disappearances the media reports are ritual killings? grin

Sad fact man... Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Most Annoying Punishment A Woman Thinks She Can Give Her Husband? / Order For Your Family, Parenting, Children, Etc Ebooks Today ( N300 Only!!!) / Is Hisense Electronics Good Like Lg, ???

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.