Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,871 members, 7,872,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:21 AM

Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) (37782 Views)

Koffi Olomide Released From Prison, Arrives Home (PIC & VIDEO) / Koffi Olomide Arrested And Jailed By Congolese Police Department / Deportation Of Koffi Olomide From Kenya: Nigerians Blasted By Kenyans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
amuokuko:

Small small oooo..
I'm very much okay. Thanks for the concern.
Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by hpk(m): 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2016
FREE VYBZ KARTEL
FREE BUJU BANTON
FREE KOFFI OLUMIDE
Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by abbeyty(m): 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
Conner44:
Nigeria remains the most lawless zoo in the world.

See small Congo of how many years? This man committed the offense not up to a month ago in another country and he is now in jail in his own country for it. Why can't our judiciary emulate such?

Once you're a famous celebrity or politician or stupidly rich in Nigeria you can't go to jail, highest DSS/EFCC gives you house arrest or remind you in 'protective' custody and keep your case open in court till the presiding judge either dies or vacates that position.

Take the case of our lovely looking actor, Ibinabo who ran over someone a while ago killing the person. Everyone heard about it yet nothing was done, she even went out the next week uploading smiling selfies as if it was her Phantom twin that murdered that person. Nobody talks about her issue anymore now except the grieving family and her own lawyers who smiled to the bank.

See Koffi, just for kicking he is in jail. Now tell me why someone without fear will loot 1kobo in that country?

If we go on like this Nigeria will not hold up much longer. I fear for our kids yet unborn.

Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by abbeyty(m): 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2016
Conner44:

See small Congo of how many years? This man committed the offense not up to a month ago in another country and he is now in jail in his own country for it. Why can't our judiciary emulate such?

Once you're a famous celebrity or politician or stupidly rich in Nigeria you can't go to jail, highest DSS/EFCC gives you house arrest or remind you in 'protective' custody and keep your case open in court till the presiding judge either dies or vacates that position.

Take the case of our lovely looking actor, Ibinabo who ran over someone a while ago killing the person. Everyone heard about it yet nothing was done, she even went out the next week uploading smiling selfies as if it was her Phantom twin that murdered that person. Nobody talks about her issue anymore now except the grieving family and her own lawyers who smiled to the bank.

See Koffi, just for kicking he is in jail. Now tell me why someone without fear will loot 1kobo in that country?

If we go on like this Nigeria will not hold up much longer. I fear for our kids yet unborn.

Besides he committed the offense in far away Kenya not even in Congo. Nigeria judicial system is in shamble the system only punishes the poor

Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by Conner44: 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2016
nunogomez:

what's the difference between assault and accident?

My guy, don't be myopic. Look at the big picture

If I want to give a thousand examples of our useless judiciary system I COULD but I don't have the liver to go through the experience of gathering such huge data just to open your eyes

Ibinabo hit and killed an individual who wasn't crossing any road. The person she killed didn't fling himself in front of her car. The person was a sane individual with responsibilities and a family.

Ibinabo 'drove' her 'drive' and killed him. It was either she couldn't drive properly, she made a mistake with the controls of her vehicle or that vehicle was not road worthy. Whichever one it was, in saner climes she would have been jailed.

What you are implying by asking me that question is that any person with a 'learners permit' who happens to run over someone should be left alone because it's manslaughter. Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by priphil(m): 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2016

[/quote]
kuku no born oh gringrin;/
Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by MICHEALADEX(m): 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
See justice system, very fast 7g

1 Like

Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by daviddagreat: 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
Conner44:

gud point
reminds me of a famous Indian actor sunil Kahn not sure of the first name he was the lead actor in the movie bodyguard.
anyways he bag a life sentence for running over a beggar. he argued he was not the one driving at DAT tym buh the judge wasn't interested
I hope someday in Nigeria the the rich and poor wud have same laws

1 Like

Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by LOVEGINO(m): 6:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
Drew0:
Chai prison na the worst place when person fit go for life! No freedom, you become depressed and fed up with life.
it's a life time experience especially when you have N500m breathing in ur acct, patiently waiting 4 u grin
Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by ceaser: 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
raymond284:
I think Congo got a good judiciary system. This can never happen in my country.. Even super stars are enjoying the so called "IMMUNITY"

Had it been Nigeria, it woulda started from the point where some confused elements in his ethnic group welcoming him back with fanfare (e.g Bòdé George from prison, Alamieseigha from jumping bail in London), then defend with their last drop of block if he is declared wanted (James Ibori, 2011), then if and when picked up, crying witch-hunt (Sàràkí and Ekweremadu), and enemies trying to bring down an illustrious son (Dasuki, Audu Ogbeh et al), then rooting for his release and threatening to blow the country to hell and brimstone if that is not done with immediate alacrity (Nnamdi Kanu, Tompolo, ND governors)

It's a seriously odd world back here.

3 Likes

Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
Conner44:

My guy, don't be myopic. Look at the big picture

If I want to give a thousand examples of our useless judiciary system I COULD but I don't have the liver to go through the experience of gathering such huge data just to open your eyes

Ibinabo hit and killed an individual who wasn't crossing any road. The person she killed didn't fling himself in front of her car. The person was a sane individual with responsibilities and a family.

Ibinabo 'drove' her 'drive' and killed him. It was either she couldn't drive properly, she made a mistake with the controls of her vehicle or that vehicle was not road worthy. Whichever one it was, in saner climes she would have been jailed.

What you are implying by asking me that question is that any person with a 'learners permit' who happens to run over someone should be left alone because it's manslaughter. Is that what you're trying to tell me?

from your explanations it means it was an accident it wasnt intentional abi? she don't know the deceased from Adams, they have never met before, they don't have any form of quarrel. she didn't leave her home with the motive of killing the deceased with her vehicle? weather she knows how to drive or not was she a holder of a drivers license? if you were the judge how would you judge this kind of case. will you classify it as murder? Manslaughter? what would be your judgement.?

people like you are the engineers of jungle justice........my prayers are with the deceased family.

thank you.

Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by Conner44: 7:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
nunogomez

See, you are still not looking at the matter objectively.

The judge won't be interested in anything apart from using the evidence put in front of him to judge the case. His own is that, someone died, the killer was caught and needs to be judged accordingly.

Now the police on the other hand are the ones to try and ascertain exactly "what led to the individual being killed" and present their findings to the judge.

You have ruled out the object of familiarity in the killing and also say it was an accident. . Okay we agree but that doesn't mean someone won't be punished for the 'accident'

Accidents are a common phenomenon in our environment but there is something similar in all accident cases and that is 'something or somebody' must have caused it either due to negligence or otherwise. You should know that negligence is not an excuse in any court of law.

Since she didn't know the victim then she shouldn't have any reason to want him dead. . . Yes we agree. Then the question remains "why is he dead?"
I spoke about her having a faulty vehicle, or not knowing how to manipulate the controls of the vehicle (because it could be a new car) or she couldn't drive properly. One of the above could serve as a reason for the accident but you then asked me 'if she didn't have a valid drivers license?' a question which amazes me especially how getting a driver's license is gone about in this zoo called Nigeria. In other saner countries all the reasons above would be attributed to the carelessness of the driver or the car maker themselves (that's why you hear of recalls on some car models)

Let me ask you a question, let us assume that you drive a Toyota camry, or honda Accord and somebody then gives you the keys to a bugatti to drive him around town. So because you have a valid drivers license you would collect the keys, enter the motor and zoom off? Just like that?

Then if you run over someone you will stand up and be waving your 'VALID' drivers license in the air claiming you can drive so it's a mystery how you managed to get somebody killed?

Hmm. . . My brother, this life get as e be oh. I hate jungle justice but a zoo has no justice system.
Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by negz1(m): 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
Benz4pimp:

I doubt if you are educated or civilized,you are on the web and suddenly you are on nairaland!!!make good use of Google,stop exposing yourself here
that was weak
Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
Conner44:
nunogomez

See, you are still not looking at the matter objectively.

The judge won't be interested in anything apart from using the evidence put in front of him to judge the case. His own is that, someone died, the killer was caught and needs to be judged accordingly.

Now the police on the other hand are the ones to try and ascertain exactly "what led to the individual being killed" and present their findings to the judge.

You have ruled out the object of familiarity in the killing and also say it was an accident. . Okay we agree but that doesn't mean someone won't be punished for the 'accident'

Accidents are a common phenomenon in our environment but there is something similar in all accident cases and that is 'something or somebody' must have caused it either due to negligence or otherwise. You should know that negligence is not an excuse in any court of law.

Since she didn't know the victim then she shouldn't have any reason to want him dead. . . Yes we agree. Then the question remains "why is he dead?"
I spoke about her having a faulty vehicle, or not knowing how to manipulate the controls of the vehicle (because it could be a new car) or she couldn't drive properly. One of the above could serve as a reason for the accident but you then asked me 'if she didn't have a valid drivers license?' a question which amazes me especially how getting a driver's license is gone about in this zoo called Nigeria. In other saner countries all the reasons above would be attributed to the carelessness of the driver or the car maker themselves (that's why you hear of recalls on some car models)

Let me ask you a question, let us assume that you drive a Toyota camry, or honda Accord and somebody then gives you the keys to a bugatti to drive him around town. So because you have a valid drivers license you would collect the keys, enter the motor and zoom off? Just like that?

Then if you run over someone you will stand up and be waving your 'VALID' drivers license in the air claiming you can drive so it's a mystery how you managed to get somebody killed?

Hmm. . . My brother, this life get as e be oh. I hate jungle justice but a zoo has no justice system.

talking about owning a Toyota Camry and someone gives you the keys to a bugatti and you zoom off . that brings us to the topic of drivers license class.

Do you know the kind of vehicle class E drivers licence covers? or do you have a personal beef with the young lady involved? brother it was an accident it was unfortunate life was lost.There's away accident cases are judged, we are not going to execute the other party unless it was an intentional act. I know of some places if stuff like that happen the next thing you will hear is bring tyre, where petrol and all that, The country is messed up I agree. lets us frown at jungle justice. it's not your place to determine het punishment.
Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by Conner44: 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2016
nunogomez:

talking about owning a Toyota Camry and someone gives you the keys to a bugatti and you zoom off . that brings us to the topic of drivers license class.

Do you know the kind of vehicle class E drivers licence covers? or do you have a personal beef with the young lady involved? brother it was an accident it was unfortunate life was lost.There's away accident cases are judged, we are not going to execute the other party unless it was an intentional act. I know of some places if stuff like that happen the next thing you will hear is bring tyre, where petrol and all that, The country is messed up I agree. lets us frown at jungle justice. it's not your place to determine his punishment.

So tomorrow if someone does something like that to somebody you know. . . Someone close to you. . . You will turn a blind eye and cry in your house because 'accidents happen?'

You won't bother to find out WHAT CAUSED THE ACCIDENT?

if a landlord uses substandard goods to build and it later collapses killing many, you will say "NOBODY BUILDS HIS HOUSE SO IT WILL COLLAPSE TOMORROW" therefore it's an accident and the landlord shouldn't be blamed?

Why you dey talk like dis naa?
Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
Conner44:

So tomorrow if someone does something like that to somebody you know. . . Someone close to you. . . You will turn a blind eye and cry in your house because 'accidents happen?'

You won't bother to find out WHAT CAUSED THE ACCIDENT?

if a landlord uses substandard goods to build and it later collapses killing many, you will say "NOBODY BUILDS HIS HOUSE SO IT WILL COLLAPSE TOMORROW" therefore it's an accident and the landlord shouldn't be blamed?

Why you dey talk like dis naa?

that's a different issue bros. that's not an accident, you just said the landlord used a substandard material. we no dey pray for bad thing but whatever the case maybe you don't take laws into your hands.
Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
Conner44:

This is the best post have read on Nairaland today... God bless you op..
Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
Viktor1983:
Like play like play, this guy don enter sanko....
Will serve as a lesson to "woman beaters"

Port harkot boy spotted grin
Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by Viktor1983(m): 11:21pm On Jul 27, 2016
miszeno:

Port harkot boy spotted grin

Port Harcourt ke?
100% Onitsha dude here..Undiluted, no external influences.
Howdy miszeno
Re: Koffi Olomide Arrives At The Makala Prison In Kinshasa, Congo (Video) by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
Viktor1983:

Port Harcourt ke?
100% Onitsha dude here..Undiluted, no external influences.
Howdy miszeno

Oh sorry am Gud
I heard that word "sanko"in ph.
From an Ibo guy too.
It sounds funny #Sanko

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ini Edo's Mother-in-law's Funeral In Edo State (pictures) / P-Square's Mother - Josephine Okoye - Is Dead / 1999 Throwback Photo Of Stella Damasus Vs Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.