Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,328 members, 7,917,001 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 03:28 PM

Abia Workers Lament Non-payment Of Salaries, Pension, Gratuity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Workers Lament Non-payment Of Salaries, Pension, Gratuity (497 Views)

Lawmakers Aides Protest Non-payment Of Salaries And Allowances In Abuja (photos) / FG Introduces Automated Payment Of Salaries, Allowances / FG To Begin Payment Of Salaries By 25th Of Every Month – AGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Workers Lament Non-payment Of Salaries, Pension, Gratuity by kahal29: 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2016
…say we’re passing through hard times

By Anayo Okoli

UMUAHIA—ABIA State Council of Nigeria Labour Congress [NLC] has tasked the Abia State Government to settle arrears of salary owed to Abia workers without further delay.

In a communiqué raised at its state executive council meeting, in Umuahia, Abia NLC told Governor Okezie Ikpeazu not to use some projects embarked by his administration “as a hindrance to pay workers’ salaries”, lamenting that Abia workers “are currently passing through hard times due to non-payment of salaries”.

In the communiqué which was sent to Governor Ikpeazu through the Head of Service, Labour also called on the government to “as a matter of urgency address the issue of pension arrears owed to pensioners in the State which spans between 5-12 months as the case may be”.

Abia workers also condemned in “strong terms, the non-release of check-off dues as at when due from MDAs”, even as they called on the government to “clear the arrears of gratuity owed to retirees in Abia State spanning over 15 years”.

To avoid the continuation of the ugly fate of retired workers in the State, the communiqué said that Abia workers have adopted the introduction of the Contributory Pension Fund Scheme which they hoped would address the untold hardship of retirees if well managed.

The communiqué which was signed by the State Chairman, Comrade Uchenna Obigwe and the acting Secretary, Comrade John Onaga also frowned at “high taxation of Abia workers which is based on consolidated salary structure, not minding that not all Abia workers are on consolidated salary.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/abia-workers-lament-non-payment-salaries-pension-gratuity/
Re: Abia Workers Lament Non-payment Of Salaries, Pension, Gratuity by odiks: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
Chai..... My people have suffered and Ikpeazu is busy wasting federal allocation on court cases.

1 Like

Re: Abia Workers Lament Non-payment Of Salaries, Pension, Gratuity by babyfaceafrica: 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
Lolz
Re: Abia Workers Lament Non-payment Of Salaries, Pension, Gratuity by cktheluckyman: 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
Op thank you for your observation but it will not affect the court case as Ogah remains a hon certificate of return holer
Re: Abia Workers Lament Non-payment Of Salaries, Pension, Gratuity by odiks: 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Op thank you for your observation but it will not affect the court case as Ogah remains a hon certificate of return holer

So this is what you say? You are part of the People deceiving the embattled Governor. This evil man wants to finish my parents who are civil servants in his state. Since he came in as Governor he has not used his monthly allocation to pay salaries. What he does with it..... Only God knows. My parents are being owed 5 months salary and the thing is seriously telling on me as I cannot save again. They were last paid in January and this is July and his praise singers thinks that it shall be well with him..... How can it be well with him? The ones he managed to pay was from the bailout money he got from FG since then nothing. If am lying against him maybe just to smear his name may God judge me but if not may God bring him to judgment and visit him with the kind of suffering he has caused my parents.

Re: Abia Workers Lament Non-payment Of Salaries, Pension, Gratuity by ckmayoca: 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ikpeazu pay my uncles and aunts oh biko.

(1) (Reply)

A Letter To The Igbos / Nairalander Help Me Evaluate $321 Million In Naira / PHOTOS: Novelty Match Between NESREA And Office Of Head Of Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.