Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,784 members, 7,915,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 06:15 PM

Your Candid Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Candid Opinion (622 Views)

My Candid Opinion On 2015 Election / Dele Momodu: My Candid Take On 2015 / My Candid Take On 2015 - Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Candid Opinion by ifihearam: 10:42am On Sep 18, 2009
This question came to mind after an interactive section on AIT on the popular programme Focus Nigeria anchored by Gbenga Aruleba where they focused on the rights of printing currency as to the CBN Governor and one of the discussants read out the privileges of the CBN Governor where he has the Right to print "currency"subject to the approval of the National Assembly but he went ahead to print currency over the palaver in the banking sector and in an interview he told the whol world that he has the right to print currency and give it to any one he pleases.That is not the issue here but i want to know if printing of currency refers to only Nigeria or foreign currency like US dollars and British Pounds because that gave rise to a huge argument in my house that day,some said the term currency includes other currencies but i objected,they butressed their points by saying how could the United States or Britain circulate their currency in all countries in the world if those countries dont have the right to print them.

If any one has any idea on this please discuss and lets clear the air

(1) (Reply)

Tension In Bayelsa Over Inec Refusal To Declare Re-run Polls’ / Please Who Will Take Me To Asorock? / Clinton's Visit Is Yielding Dividend----25 Witnesses Released Against Ibori.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.