Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,350 members, 7,881,289 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:59 PM

Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? (26665 Views)

I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First / How Can They Manage With 50K Monthly Salary / Is it advisable for a guy to settle down with his mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by akanbiaa(m): 10:34am On Jul 28, 2016
Phedam:
Can a man settle down with peanut salary

No insult pls.. Can a man settle down with 50k Monthly salary. ?
In Abuja here i know of a GRADUATE with 25k and he has a wife and 3 children.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by teemy(m): 10:36am On Jul 28, 2016
once in a while there might be cash crunch irrespective of how much you earn but winning your wife's heart and soul from day one would help things when money fails. a sexually satisfied wife is a contented woman. i hope you get the message phedam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 28, 2016
akanbiaa:

Chai, that guy is mean. Three kids? ??
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by nishola17(f): 10:38am On Jul 28, 2016
50k in this economy ?, well it depends on your lifestyle and the kind of wife you have .
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by mradjoy(m): 10:38am On Jul 28, 2016
Cherishing:

Got no better explanation than the experience share here yesterday FP . how sm1 was surviving with #1500 a groundnut seller . Baffles me sha sad

My Dear Sister, there's a clear difference in making ₦1,500 as monthly profit and surviving with ₦1,500 monthly, that's ₦50/day kwa. How is that possible? Even street beggars live on more than ₦50/day.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by RiloKiley: 10:39am On Jul 28, 2016
Phedam:
Can a man settle down with peanut salary

No insult pls.. Can a man settle down with 50k Monthly salary. ?

Lol, in this present economy?

Don't try it.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 28, 2016
teemy:
once in a while there might be cash crunch irrespective of how much you earn but winning your wife's heart and soul from day one would help things when money fails. [b]a sexually satisfied wife is a contented woman. i h[/b]ope you get the message phedam.

For real? So the best way to drive out poverty is to satisfy her sexually. No wonder poor people born pass church rat.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Cherishing(f): 10:44am On Jul 28, 2016
mradjoy:

My Dear Sister, there's a clear difference in making ₦1,500 as monthly profit and surviving with ₦1,500 monthly, that's ₦50/day kwa. How is that possible? Even street beggars live on more than ₦50/day.
You quoting me as if am the one that said it, someone was interviewed and he confessed that how he has been surviving . That an experience and it takes rare character to be there.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by blazetitov: 10:44am On Jul 28, 2016
LynnPetra:
cheesy

If your woman can cook with firewood and akunkpu as protein, you're good to go.

This buhari government wey ordinary salt sef no dey quick catch soup again?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by mradjoy(m): 10:44am On Jul 28, 2016
fpeter:

Look around you my dear, people are suffering. Interact with the ordinary man on the streets
Ask questions, I see a lot of them daily and some don't even have any means of livelihood to
even eat daily meals. I live in Abuja where things are extremely expensive. I met a young man
who's salary is 5k....I mean #5,000. No gimmicks, no lies...we're in a mess already as a nation.

₦5,000 salary monthly is something else, not doubting you, but earning 5k monthly is `~₦167/day haa this is too wicked of an income!

I mean how can such person survive without any extra source of income? Abeg I need someone to enlighten me more on this, How can I survive with 5k/month?
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Itzurboi(m): 10:46am On Jul 28, 2016
Cherishing:
If a man can survive with #1500 monthly income, what stops one from surviving with #50000.
Its all about planning and adjusting ones lifestyle to income generated.
sweetheart, my question now is "can you settle with a man of that income...
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by afanide: 10:48am On Jul 28, 2016
YES 50k CAN SUSTAIN A FAMILY EVEN AT THE MOMENT.

-Depends on the kind of lady u are about getting married to. Is she materialistic? Do you both understand yourselves very well? Hope she's not the type that would leave you to flirt outside due to lack of maintenance on ur part?

Are you working on getting a better Job?

-If your Location is outside Port-Harcourt, then your Anwser is YES even if you reside in Abuja.

-People is Abuja can comfortably travel to Nassarawa/Jos and get food Items very cheap and stock it at home.

-But be mindful of how you give birth. Don't be like 'Ubong' that impregnates his wife every year.

-if you are leaving in Lagos, Abuja, the ONLY challenge is Accommodation. If you are in PH, the challenge is NOT accommodation cos there are cheaper Areas like Obigbo, Diobu, Igwurita where u can get cheaper houses and these areas are less than 30 minutes to main Town. The challenge here is Food Stuffs.

-FINALLY, Dont allow anyone discorage you. REMEMBER what the bible says about finding a wife? So go ahead as you have heavenly backup.

I know some people will misquote me that am being religious. BUT i have been situations turn around for good after marriage on several couple's lives.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Ranchhoddas: 10:48am On Jul 28, 2016
Cherishing:
If a man can survive with #1500 monthly income, what stops one from surviving with #50000.
Its all about planning and adjusting ones lifestyle to income generated.
1500....Where is that man?
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Cherishing(f): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2016
Itzurboi:
sweetheart, my question now is "can you settle with a man of that income...
Sincerely speaking I can.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 28, 2016
Some ignorant folks here keep saying if you have an understanding wife ke?
Obviously some don't know the genetic make up of the species called women grin cheesy
Every body has got his/her breaking point. Even if you buy your wife a jeep last night and you quarrel with her this morning, she will still remind you again, "What have you even done for me other men are not doing for their wives and even more grin". Talk less of 50k earner.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Cherishing(f): 10:51am On Jul 28, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
1500....Where is that man?
grin ask the op/mod that brought the topic to fp yesterday
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Prales(m): 10:53am On Jul 28, 2016
Guy, if your wife is working, then no problem. If not, forget it. Secondly, whats the job prospects of your current job? How long do you think you can remain on the salary scale? Do you have other business (es) aside he job?

Bottomline is that if that's the only source of income for your home, please don't settle down with that kind of amount.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by 2goodbobo(m): 10:54am On Jul 28, 2016
Is not easy but you can do it with proper planning.
Baba I am talking from experience. I was earning 57k when I got married plus I was still earning same thing when my wife gave birth to our baby.

Marriage open unexpected doors because God knows you now have responsibilities and since marriage is ordained by him, he will sustain your home. Immediately my wife gave birth, I got another job through divine grace which was better than the first and pays 130k per month.

Above all be prayerful and make sure your wife is someone that is willing to go through the storm with you and manage with the little you have for now because with time God will pick your call and bless you with new job

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 28, 2016
buharisbae:
The truth is No u can't settle down with it except u are gonna be single for life

because if I calculate all the expenses ull spend after settlement ull see that 50k isn't enoff for ur self alone

taking care of your wife is draining about 20% of your salary and talk more of feeding cost or home items and even when u think of having children trust me you'll be frustrated its better u chill for a year save a lot if you can save up to 2M then you can settle down because u have some thing to back u up

MY 2 CENT!

Madam we are not looking for lazy wives who will drain 20% of our income. We want to have a partner, an helper a woman who will compliment us. not one fool who cannot contribute a penny to the family. may God forbid.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Itzurboi(m): 10:58am On Jul 28, 2016
Cherishing:

Sincerely speaking I can.
sweetheart, are you engaged, if no, we can spice things up and make a better and more brighter future.... But wait ooo, dat your shoe, you sure sey my salary fit buy 2pair.... Lol
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by mradjoy(m): 10:58am On Jul 28, 2016
Cherishing:

You quoting me as if am the one that said it, someone was interviewed and he confessed that how he has been surviving . That an experience and it takes rare character to be there.

Yes I read the thread too, but the guy in question got ₦1,500/monthly after eating twice a day at his employer's expense, that's quite different from surviving on ₦1,500/monthly! TOL Babe
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by alizma: 10:59am On Jul 28, 2016
if you have a good result, or you had learnt a trade before which you are good at and your woman has something doing hit the green button. majority of the true great men(I call them true great men because they were not born with silver spoon like the likes of dangote) you see today started very little but they had big plans and they never gave up on them.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by 8BitGee(m): 11:00am On Jul 28, 2016
buharisbae:
The truth is No u can't settle down with it except u are gonna be single for life

because if I calculate all the expenses ull spend after settlement ull see that 50k isn't enoff for ur self alone

taking care of your wife is draining about 20% of your salary and talk more of feeding cost or home items and even when u think of having children trust me you'll be frustrated its better u chill for a year save a lot if you can save up to 2M then you can settle down because u have some thing to back u up

MY 2 CENT!

Taking care of wife is 20% of sal shocked
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by akanbiaa(m): 11:00am On Jul 28, 2016
LynnPetra:

Chai, that guy is mean. Three kids? ??
A boy and 2 girls, 6 years, 4 and 2 respectively and his wife is on 20k salary. They are both private school Teachers.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by gentlemanghost(m): 11:01am On Jul 28, 2016
Cherishing:

I have a man and he earns more than that, me start thinking of another man that earns below him is tantamount to suicide mission grin
in other words you can't settle with a 50k monthly man
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by teemy(m): 11:07am On Jul 28, 2016
LynnPetra:

For real? So the best way to drive out poverty is to satisfy her sexually. No wonder poor people born pass church rat.
lolz, married folks would get my point. P.S my previous post recommended one child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by cousinstizz: 11:07am On Jul 28, 2016
Settled down with 50k!
To settle down with 50k is not the problem, its depend on where you live, there are some states where you cant live with with low sallary due to high of all stuff, (accomondation, food stuff) and so on, and its aslo depend how on how you can endure and maximise your spending, and its also depend on how you and your spouse understand each other, there are many people outside there don't have job talkless of earn 50k per month, but they settle down and live their life normally, so...
1, Its depend on the kind of person you are, (how you can manage).
2, Its depend on your spouse (how much she understand).
3, And its depend on the state you are.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by teemy(m): 11:09am On Jul 28, 2016
LynnPetra:

but in fairness i discovered that to be true o. poor people na dem dey born pass.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Emeritusseun(m): 11:09am On Jul 28, 2016
Cherishing:

Got no better explanation than the experience share here yesterday FP . how sm1 was surviving with #1500 a groundnut seller . Baffles me sha sad

d man wan settle dwn ..,not suffer dwn...
U av no idea of wat frustration frm being broke can do to a marriage...
I wonder ehy guys are so moved with marriage sef....
I wan to beliv na dem dz overaged gals dey pressurise d guys
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Emeritusseun(m): 11:11am On Jul 28, 2016
fpeter:

Look around you my dear, people are suffering. Interact with the ordinary man on the streets
Ask questions, I see a lot of them daily and some don't even have any means of livelihood to
even eat daily meals. I live in Abuja where things are extremely expensive. I met a young man
who's salary is 5k....I mean #5,000. No gimmicks, no lies...we're in a mess already as a nation.

te]

d man wan settle dwn ..,not suffer dwn...
U av no idea of wat frustration frm being broke can do to a marriage...
I wonder ehy guys are so moved with marriage sef....
I wan to beliv na dem dz overaged gals dey pressurise d guys...
Dz armed robbers are products of settlong dwn with such peanuts oo....
Marriage na by force ni?...
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Emeritusseun(m): 11:15am On Jul 28, 2016
akanbiaa:

i will categorically tel u dat the man has successfully invited d children from wherever dey were, to come snd suffer!....if 25k is d total income he has!,...mehn...d children might end up being on d street!
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by byvan03: 11:17am On Jul 28, 2016
Yes if whoever you are settling with earns atleast a 100k. If not, better rescue yourself first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Annoying Attitudes Some Women Display / Parents Of This Adorable Baby Girl Celebrates Her First Birthday In Style / Controversy As Mother Of 3 Dumped By Business Man Lover Battles Mental Illness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.