Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,148 members, 7,970,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 11:19 AM

Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) (17264 Views)

Poll: Who Nicks This?

Man Utd: 53% (22 votes)
Man City: 36% (15 votes)
Draw: 9% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Manchester City (4 - 1) On 26th September 2015 / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (4 - 2) On 12th April 2015 / Manchester United Vs Newcastle (4 - 3) On 26th December 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by theviper1: 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2009
there is no need crying. shitty played at the home of EPL owner called SIR ALEX FERGUSON. the refs either play by his books or they will be hung out to dry.well,that one don pass. looking forward to the chelski game.any predictions?
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by chamotex(m): 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2009
Now I can't wait for Match of the Day.
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by chic2pimp(m): 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2009
dayokanu:

Thats why EPL would be backward. The other teams are cheated to favour the BIG 4.

Just like Chelsea were given forever to score the winner last week.

Who doesnt remember the poisoning of Tottenham players 4 seasons ago to make sure Assanal qualifies for CL in 2006

When would you see an Everton win the EPL like Wolfsburg did in Bundeslifa

EPL sucks
grin grin grin grin grin grin Roflmao
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by A40(m): 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2009
Robbery at Ojoro Trafford! Na today! How 4mins metamophorsed to nearly 7mins is an abracadabra that can only happen at the Theater of Wayo! One of these days a team would simply walk out of the pitch in protest.We have seen now that when you come to OT its Man u and the refs vs the road team
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by biina: 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2009
Make una  dey enjoy your dubious win. Its nice to know this early not to expect fair officiating.
Very soon water go find im level. With all the banning and injury time, we go still finish top 4.
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by chamotex(m): 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2009
Haters everywhere  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
una go wound
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by tubabie(f): 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2009
RuuDie:

Am sure after d ref added 6mins. . . . he told everybody to stop playing and vacate the field; took Owen to the citeh goal mouth, dropped the ball at his feet and instructed him to tap into an empty net abi

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hehehehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by mystikal(m): 3:51pm On Sep 20, 2009
chamotex:

Thank you ooo
God bless you.

But your team played well. Arsenal should be worried.
y?
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by princekevo(m): 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2009
RuuDie:

Am sure after d ref added 6mins. . . . he told everybody to stop playing and vacate the field; took Owen to the citeh goal mouth, dropped the ball at his feet and instructed him to tap into an empty net abi

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Flee from all manners of corruption, The ref. doesn't need to do all that b4 we can read his corrupt mind, Time is precious, a second can make a lot difference in all things.
Millions of unbiased people like me who spent their time watching such a good game must be disappointed at the refs obvious robbery.
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by mystikal(m): 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2009
dont ppl get tired of blaming referees?
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by bydot1(m): 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2009
;d :d ;d
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by MUZBO(m): 3:54pm On Sep 20, 2009
When I say Man u is PDP now they'd say na lie, see now? Alex Feg was almost kissing the 4th official after their 4th jara time goal. Chei!
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by dean2725: 3:55pm On Sep 20, 2009
Best game of the season!
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by doyin13(m): 3:55pm On Sep 20, 2009
if the shoe was on the other foot now, that geriartric coach of theirs would have been bandying that his stolen timepiece all over the place
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by Cristalz(f): 3:57pm On Sep 20, 2009
Krayola:

Shit happens!!. I believe blaming refs is just sour grapes. U can't win them all and sometimes the bad calls are to your advantage. these things even out over the season. Fergie juss used experience to buy more time. We coulda done a better job wasting time.

Good effort from my boys and I have nothing to be ashamed of. Man utd at OT is no easy feat. We'll see u when we see u.  cool cool

Most sensible post so far.

All those bitching about the ref adding more time to please United are just being dumb. If you ask me, Citeh looked every bit as likely to score as well. When did they equalize, wasn't it in the 90th minute??
And, how was Fergie to know that the ref would make time allowance for the late sub?? He gambled, and it worked for him. Whoever doesn't like it should eat horse poop.

If Fergie conspired with the ref for more time, it means he also conspired with Shay Given to let Owen put the ball in. I mean, how could he have known a goal would come for sure? Unless he had planned with Given to let a United player score during the extra added time.

Y'all shouldn't let your hate make you think with your asses, abeg.

United were destined to win today, end of. And whatever decision the ref took had absolutely nothing to do with Ferguson or United. cool
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by A40(m): 3:58pm On Sep 20, 2009
That was a stick up in broad daylight! Everybody saw it!
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by tubabie(f): 3:58pm On Sep 20, 2009
Can you people stop blaming Refs for all premiership woes and disappointments. undecided
Krayola's post a Citeh fan sums it up nicely below:
Krayola:

Shit happens!!. I believe blaming refs is just sour grapes. U can't win them all and sometimes the bad calls are to your advantage. these things even out over the season. Fergie juss used experience to buy more time. We coulda done a better job wasting time.

Good effort from my boys and I have nothing to be ashamed of. Man utd at OT is no easy feat. We'll see u when we see u.  cool cool
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by mystikal(m): 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2009
A-40:

I didnt see it
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by Ibime(m): 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2009
Its not a question of time added-on.

The question is that the freekick to Man Utd which led to the goal was never a phocking freekick.
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by biina: 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2009
A bad call is a bad call, irrespective of who benefits. Saying otherwise is hypocrisy.
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by bydot1(m): 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2009
i want to see how CITY fans wil pick 'emself up frm this
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by chamotex(m): 4:06pm On Sep 20, 2009
A-40:

Every time added on is a minimum.

That is why they announce it as "Minimum 4 minutes of added time" and so on.
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by agabaI23(m): 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2009
chamotex:

Every time added on is a minimum.

That is why they announce it as "Minimum 4 minutes of added time" and so on.

Meaning they can play another 90 minutes.

We are waiting for you!
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 20, 2009
Too bad there are no football analysts on here. Are you aware that players[b] loose the most concentration in OT[/b]? An extra second of OT can change a game. It has happened over and over again. The reason Mark Hughes kept shouting at the assistant ref was because he expected it. The defending team is MOST Vulnerable at OT. I used to be a Man U fan but i no longer support any team. I just watch good football. The game was excellent. I think it would have been better at 3-3 though.
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by A40(m): 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2009
@mystikal
Bobo shine your eye

@Krayola
We Prem veterans have seen these 50-50 decisions go Utd's way too many times at OT to be convinced that ish didnt happen again, you should watch some of the EPL games last there and see what im saying but we used to it now
Not saying Citeh deserved a point but win fair and square thats all we are saying
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by kaydee(m): 4:10pm On Sep 20, 2009
Cristalz:

Most sensible post so far.

All those bitching about the ref adding more time to please United are just being dumb. If you ask me, Citeh looked every bit as likely to score as well. When did they equalize, wasn't it in the 90th minute??
And, how was Fergie to know that the ref would make time allowance for the late sub?? He gambled, and it worked for him. Whoever doesn't like it should eat horse poop.

If Fergie conspired with the ref for more time, it means he also conspired with Shay Given to let Owen put the ball in. I mean, how could he have known a goal would come for sure? Unless he had planned with Given to let a United player score during the extra added time.

Y'all shouldn't let your hate make you think with your asses, abeg.

United were destined to win today, end of. And whatever decision the ref took had absolutely nothing to do with Ferguson or United. cool

This is the dumbest post on NL so far this year, When will all y'all learn that it is more dignifying to fail than to cheat.The ref just messed up one of the best derby matches the EPL ever witnessed and Man Utd's best performance so far this season.
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by chamotex(m): 4:12pm On Sep 20, 2009
agabaI23:

Meaning they can play another 90 minutes.

We are waiting for you!

YES! If the time that was wasted corresponds.
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by doyin13(m): 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2009
united is evil. Period.
They gave the game away when they introduced this Mysteron uniform. They want to destroy the Earth and all that we hold dear.
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by dean2725: 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2009
I think we are a product of all our experiences. Over 20yrs in the game is not a small thing. When Fergie made that substitution, i thought the adrenaline runing in him has made him deluded.  But the little minutes earned from that sub turned things around.

City would have done better in wasting some time but i think they got carried away with their trailing scoring drama
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by tubabie(f): 4:20pm On Sep 20, 2009
doyin13:

united is evil. Period.
They gave the game away when they introduced this Mysteron uniform. They want to destroy the Earth and all that we hold dear.

Doyin needs a doctor fassstttttt! shocked what is it you typed up here?
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by A40(m): 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2009
@Chamo
Y'all deserved to win no doubt infact on the balance of play y'all where good for the 3pts but truth is Citeh got mugged and we have seen it all before
Re: Manchester United Vs Man City: 4-3 (20 September, 2009) by McKren(m): 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2009
I am tired of being a fan of a club that keeps winning dishonestly

how do you score the winning goal in the sixth minute of a four minute injury time.

Where is the FA and there retrospective refereeing

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Leicester City (2 - 1) On 30th December 2022 / Manchester United Vs Reading FA Cup (3 - 1) On 28th January 2023 / Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.